Holy Hell! What if somthing breaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxParamedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
The great State of Texas
There was a post in PIF to give away a backup setup to someone who didn't have one. OK I'm an idiot! here is my reply:

"OK, Here I am all happy with my two Cig2o 808 bats and a sample pack of juice from FSUSA and you had to say something about a charger dieing! )))))Shudder(((( Ackkkkkkkk I'm only a week off cigs! Crap I never thought about breaking the charger, I was cool with two batteries....I mean I could hold out with one while I waited for another to come in the mail....Ok I'm lying, the thought of equipment failure never occurred to me! Now I'm horrified at the thought of something breaking and it's what at least three days to get a replacement by mail. Crap! I won't sleep tonight! I have no backup to my suddenly frighteningly small arsenal of vaping gear. I would have been a horrible boyscout, obviously I am not prepared!"

Soooooooo Help! I was just hanging out reading the threads starting to think about what my next step up from my (now!) puny little dual 808 kit would be but now I'm really worried! I do NOT want to go back to analogs. So what do you think? Should I get more 808's and a backup charger or go in a different direction? I've been happy refilling cartomisers but hell it's only been a week, what do I know! The other choices are so numerous they cause brain lock! I guess my real question is should I build on what I have or switch horses before I invest a lot of money in something I'll outgrow later?

Landhew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Missing the beach, NC
One of my 2 batteries crapped out on me last night and put me into a panic. You can probably easily find my raving lunatic threads, lol. I ordered a Rough Stack tonight. It's supposed to be great. Supposedly, you can vape for 24 hours before having to recharge your batteries. And it runs on Li-ion batteries. I can't wait to get it. Since I love cartomizers, I'm sure I'll be very happy with it.

Should be good for stealth vaping too.

Edited to add that the vapor production is supposed to be really good on these too and you can easily run lower ohm cartos on it.

Last edited:

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
I would say if you are happy with the 808's, and they are keeping you off analogs, then go ahead and order some back up gear of the same type. Nothing would be worse than your trusty 808 breaking and having to switch to something you don't necessarily care for.

I ran into this problem with the first e cig i tried which came from a 7-11. I purchased it out of town and none of the local 7-11's carried them. So I turned to analogs until my new e-cig, the eGo, came in the mail. 1 month later I purchased an entire extra kit just so I would have extra everything!

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
Whatever you do, make sure you also buy a solar powered charger. You wouldn't want the power to go out at the wrong time! :laugh:

Welcome to the wide world of vaping! Soon, you too will have enough batteries to light up a small city, a pass-thru or 4, enough cartos and liquid to last through a year's postal strike, and a surge-protector sprouting chargers and adapters like weeds. :vapor:

If you like your 808's and they're doing the trick for you, then get some back-up gear but not too much for now. Batteries don't last forever, so you'll have an opportunity soon enough to choose whether you want to stick with your 808's or try something new. If you choose something new later, what you have now can be the back-up to your back-up, and you will not regret having it "just in case".

Last edited:

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
For me, I saw the hobby of it was what helped me quit. All depends on how much money you feel comfortable putting in. If you are satisfied with what you have and don't plan on this being a hobby to keep it inexpensive, just back up what you already have. If you want to throw some money in on a pv that has options, there are many choices. I, personally, prefer mods. I like the versatility of vv/vw (variable volt). You can see what I use in my banner (selling my reos, though). Good luck!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TxParamedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
The great State of Texas
Whatever you decide on for gear, you always need to follow the prime directive of vaping: Backups, Backups, and more Backups.

Yes Sir! I can do that! :) Truthfully I've been so happy with vaping my only thought has been to sample every juice I could order a sample pack of! Potential hardware issues had not really occurred to me......They have now!

"Whatever you do, make sure you also buy a solar powered charger. You wouldn't want the power to go out at the wrong time!"

OK, izabella. Now you are stoking my newfound paranoia to to new heights!!!
Solar powered charger.......maybe as a backup to a gas powered generator! I mean just a small one it just has to power a usb right?

TxParamedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
The great State of Texas
Extra charger definitely on the list.
I don't need the generator I have a truck and a usb power adapter....I better get another one of those too!

Lets see....time for a shopping list.
Extra charger for my 808's
extra usb car adapter thingy
two more batteries (enough?)
pass through?
More juice (I've found a couple of flavors I like already 30 mils plus the sample packs I have would prob last a month)
2 packs of blank cartomizers (enough?) I have about 20 carts on hand.

Thoughts? Am I getting close?

Outre

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
CA, US
Whatever you do, make sure you also buy a solar powered charger. You wouldn't want the power to go out at the wrong time! :laugh:

Welcome to the wide world of vaping! Soon, you too will have enough batteries to light up a small city, a pass-thru or 4, enough cartos and liquid to last through a year's postal strike ...

Holy Cannoli! I never thought of these two things. :blink:

Power outages happen here at the oddest times... where can one get that solar charger?

Postal strike! Yikes! Again, thought never entered my head. Kind of makes you glad we've got UPS and Fed Ex if absolutely necessary, eh?

Outre

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
CA, US
Extra charger definitely on the list.
I don't need the generator I have a truck and a usb power adapter....I better get another one of those too!

Lets see....time for a shopping list.
Extra charger for my 808's
extra usb car adapter thingy
two more batteries (enough?)
pass through?
More juice (I've found a couple of flavors I like already 30 mils plus the sample packs I have would prob last a month)
2 packs of blank cartomizers (enough?) I have about 20 carts on hand.

Thoughts? Am I getting close?

Agree with all the advice so far. Backups are always good :)

I've got three starter kits - six batteries (1 dead, 1 on it's way out) three chargers, a pass-thru, about 20 cartridges, extra blue foam from the pet store (last about two years - lol), and about six extra atomizers although I'd like ten.

Even with all the batteries sometimes my timing is odd, or I forget to turn the button on the surge-protector back on and now have four dead batteries, so the pass-thru tides me over until the batteries are done charging.

Juice is so-so, I've got enough for a bit. There's a local place with PG/VG (I'm solely VG) if I get desperate, but otherwise I would pay UPS or Fed Ex to get it here in case of a Postal strike.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I'll jump on the passthrough bandwagon.

You can get a 1000 mah eGo black battery for $23.19 or a 650 mah in many colors for $20.79 with the 20% discount (click the link on the top left-hand corner) at Libery-Flights and priority mail shipping is $2.99: Electronic Cigarette - Pass-throughs - Joye eGo

We've had two USB chargers die on us.

I personally am a firm believer in having extra batteries and extra chargers. I myself have been in a pickle with all dead batts (totally my fault). I also think a solar option is a great investment if you can. I have more batteries than I will ever need and more chargers as well now, but I know I wont be in that same horrible spot in the middle of an ice storm with no power for 2 days lol. Even if you can snag a new one every month or every other month like I do, it can really help.

Happy Vaping
Shadow Rhelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread