Not open for further replies.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
This is why I like having mods, can get a battery (or charger) just about anywhere... and of course, I still have a ton of extra batteries and a spare charger lieing around, in case I don't have time to get to the store.

And with rebuildable atomizers (iAtty, Genesis atty, etc) I just need to get a wick (candle store), nicrome or kanthal (hardware store, hobby store for model rockets, etc), and non-resistive wire (silver thread, jewelry supply store).

Of course I DIY a lot of flavors, PG/VG are easy to find locally (DIY soap supply stores), flavoring (bakery supply stores, DIY soap place for menthol crystals), the nicotine is the only hard part (but I have 1.3-1.4L of 100mg nic, so I'm good for a while).

My friends that converted don't have backups... for some reason they seem to think I can fix any e-cig problem or replace a broken part...

angelad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
ohio
I started out with the cig2o I bought at a convience store. (1 bat 2 cartos and a usb charger) ended up buying 2 more (but I did drop one in the tub, after a few days it started working again) I have ending up buying 2 shorties, 1 reg and a XL from V4L. I ended up getting 2 901 Riva's, 1 510 Riva & some kind of 808 type through trades and buying on here. I had no idea what I was trading for but I love them! and they were a steal! I have to disagree about the 510's. I like the 808 connection so I purchased adapters. But most seem to prefere the manual batteries and I prefere the autos! {haven't killed one yet) I need to find a auto type ego/riva with a 898 connection. I recommend buys on the classifieds on here. I have always gotten great deals!

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I started out with the cig2o I bought at a convience store. (1 bat 2 cartos and a usb charger) ended up buying 2 more (but I did drop one in the tub, after a few days it started working again) I have ending up buying 2 shorties, 1 reg and a XL from V4L. I ended up getting 2 901 Riva's, 1 510 Riva & some kind of 808 type through trades and buying on here. I had no idea what I was trading for but I love them! and they were a steal! I have to disagree about the 510's. I like the 808 connection so I purchased adapters. But most seem to prefere the manual batteries and I prefere the autos! {haven't killed one yet) I need to find a auto type ego/riva with a 898 connection. I recommend buys on the classifieds on here. I have always gotten great deals!

Try the Echo batts for 808/fat batt combo. :) They're automatic and 1300mAh.

Razz

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Long Island, NY
Whatever you do, make sure you also buy a solar powered charger. You wouldn't want the power to go out at the wrong time! :laugh:

Welcome to the wide world of vaping! Soon, you too will have enough batteries to light up a small city, a pass-thru or 4, enough cartos and liquid to last through a year's postal strike, and a surge-protector sprouting chargers and adapters like weeds. :vapor:

If you like your 808's and they're doing the trick for you, then get some back-up gear but not too much for now. Batteries don't last forever, so you'll have an opportunity soon enough to choose whether you want to stick with your 808's or try something new. If you choose something new later, what you have now can be the back-up to your back-up, and you will not regret having it "just in case".

so i am not the only one worried about running out of something? my ms t order has taken nearly a week just to "await shipment" and i am VERY on edge... smoking the icky stuff i didn't like from my very first kit purchase. i always assumed that my back-up could be the disposable ones at 7-11. i think i will be calling a local smoke shop where i saw them selling e-cig kits once. Up until now i had only worried about running low on juice... ordered a 3rd battery just because i chain vape. now i'm kicking myself! oh god! i REALLY don't even want a regular cig ever again! but i will if all else fails... NO ONE wants to meet up with me in a dark ally after i haven't had my nicotine in a while.

[i quit i week & 1 day ago]

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Whatever you do, make sure you also buy a solar powered charger. You wouldn't want the power to go out at the wrong time! :laugh:

Welcome to the wide world of vaping! Soon, you too will have enough batteries to light up a small city, a pass-thru or 4, enough cartos and liquid to last through a year's postal strike, and a surge-protector sprouting chargers and adapters like weeds. :vapor:

ACK! Power failure... never thought of that one...

Ok, I think I have it solved. :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
Just don't get carried away with backups .... like I did :

cleolove-albums-stuff-picture47541-100-0394.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.