Holy Jesus!!!!! The Kayfun should come with a warning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu2Dis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Jersey Shore, NJ, USA
man i really want to try one but i have to many other tanks that will more than likely start collecting dust. how are these for leaking? can you lay them on their side?

I have the hcigar 3.1 and an "authentic" Russian 91. Never had a leak in about a month. they have been laying on their side, in my pocket, upside down, twirled. Both are awesome!!!

yotogi

Aug 13, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
man i really want to try one but i have to many other tanks that will more than likely start collecting dust. how are these for leaking? can you lay them on their side?

As long as you are set up correctly, you shouldn't leak. There are some things to keep in mind. Drastic temp changes like coming in from the freezing cold can cause pressure changes in the tank which might result in some flooding. Pretty easy to keep from happening and to recover from when it happens. Large elevation changes (driving up a mountain or flying on a plane) can also result in some flooding, but again, if you equalize the pressure in the tank, you can keep it from happening in the first place.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
I was a little dubious about the whole RBA/RDA craze but; because of this thread I decided to order one. ...the HCigar version from Luxor. I received it yesterday and set about building my first coil for it. It took me forever to get the damn legs attached via the fastening screws. Once I got past that my coil (28ga Kanthal) metered out at 1.3 ohms. Wicked it up with some cotton, filled via the top fill method and commenced to vape with a 70/30, 36mg juice. To me, it's not as blow your head off amazing as the OP let on but maaaaan is it good. I've been using self-built Kangers for, maybe, the last year and this thing just walks on them. The only problem I've been having with it is all, and I mean all, of my juice making it's way into the collection chamber. I'm sure I'll sort that out though. My goal is to pick one up every month and relegate my Pro-Tank collection to testing my Zamplebox arrivals.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
The only problem I've been having with it is all, and I mean all, of my juice making it's way into the collection chamber. I'm sure I'll sort that out though.

I got that issue sorted out. The RBA didn't come with any instructions and the O-ring that goes into the top cap was around the shaft of the evaporation chamber(chimney). It didn't make any sense just sitting there but I figured, that's the way it came, thats the way I'm going to use it. For grins, I decided to take the O-ring off and place it in the recess of the top cap. Perfect fit and no more juice in the collector tank.

yotogi

Aug 13, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
I got that issue sorted out. The RBA didn't come with any instructions and the O-ring that goes into the top cap was around the shaft of the evaporation chamber(chimney). It didn't make any sense just sitting there but I figured, that's the way it came, thats the way I'm going to use it. For grins, I decided to take the O-ring off and place it in the recess of the top cap. Perfect fit and no more juice in the collector tank.

Glad to hear you figured it out and sorry that I missed your post yesterday. As soon as I read it I knew you were dealing with a vacuum leak probably caused by a missing/mis-seated oring.

I am surprised that you can vape 36mg out of a KFL. A lot of people, myself included, had to drop their nic level to keep from passing out.

Vape on!

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Glad to hear you figured it out and sorry that I missed your post yesterday. As soon as I read it I knew you were dealing with a vacuum leak probably caused by a missing/mis-seated oring.

I am surprised that you can vape 36mg out of a KFL. A lot of people, myself included, had to drop their nic level to keep from passing out.

Vape on!

The only downside to fixing the issue, if there is such a thing, is that, in an effort to rule various factors out, I wicked the s#%t outa the thing. This resulted, post-fix, in dry hits after about three uses. Being unable resolve that, cause I was at work, I resorted to manually breaking vacuum and flooding the chamber. As far as 36mg goes; I dipped Copenhagen and smoked for 26 years. Nicotine is in my DNA. :D

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
As long as you are set up correctly, you shouldn't leak. There are some things to keep in mind. Drastic temp changes like coming in from the freezing cold can cause pressure changes in the tank which might result in some flooding. Pretty easy to keep from happening and to recover from when it happens. Large elevation changes (driving up a mountain or flying on a plane) can also result in some flooding, but again, if you equalize the pressure in the tank, you can keep it from happening in the first place.

At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you do that?

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
man i really want to try one but i have to many other tanks that will more than likely start collecting dust.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

If all those other tanks could stack up to the Kayfun style tanks you would not be reading this. :)

Plus iTaste and Kanger would not be putting out so many new designs hoping to remain relevant. Ever since the Kayfun craze began Kanger especially has been trying hard to win back it's base. Unfortunately the days of paying $1-2 for $.15 coils are over for most of us and they wont be coming back.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Kanger has a very good product in the Aerotank, and it's not much harder to rebuild than a KF-type. Put a micro-coil and some cotton in there and it's a surprisingly good vape. An R91 is my primary, but an Aerotank is my secondary (with a different flavor of juice in it). Neither ever leave my reach.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
Kanger has a very good product in the Aerotank, and it's not much harder to rebuild than a KF-type. Put a micro-coil and some cotton in there and it's a surprisingly good vape. An R91 is my primary, but an Aerotank is my secondary (with a different flavor of juice in it). Neither ever leave my reach.

Good to hear, I just got an aero base on order from discountvapers to see if I can revive my Protanks, even if it's as a backup, since I haven't really used them for more than 30 minutes since I got my first Kayfun style, the Russian 91% that I got from VaporDNA back in November

yotogi

Aug 13, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you do that?

Not a stupid question although it is stupid simple to do, just turn the tank upside down. That results in the air in the tank being open to the outside world through the juice channels and evaporation chamber and equalizing the pressure between the two just like when you are filling it from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread