Holy OMG - Something Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno

Moved On
Sep 18, 2009
Kernersville, NC
Ok, so I've been vaping for the past 2 days (no analogs at all). I took an unusually large drag (well large for me). I started coughing... the next thing I know I wake up on the floor disoriented wondering where the hell I am... luckily I was sitting on the couch at the time and didn't fall far.
I have been vaping fairly steadily all day using 18mg juice (I smoked 1.5-2+ packs a day prior to the other day when I got my 510). Maybe I am using too much? I don't have any headaches or nausea... felt normal actually.
Anyone else have any issues like this?

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
Ok, so I've been vaping for the past 2 days (no analogs at all). I took an unusually large drag (well large for me). I started coughing... the next thing I know I wake up on the floor disoriented wondering where the hell I am... luckily I was sitting on the couch at the time and didn't fall far.
I have been vaping fairly steadily all day using 18mg juice (I smoked 1.5-2+ packs a day prior to the other day when I got my 510). Maybe I am using too much? I don't have any headaches or nausea... felt normal actually.
Anyone else have any issues like this?

Sounds like too much oxygen followed by coughing will make anyone faint. Easy on the breathing heavy! BUT I will say see a doctor asap. It could something entirely different so I suggest you see a doctor asap. Not to scare you but you never know. Better safe than blah blah blah

IMetalGearVaporXI~

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
California
  • Deleted by lordmage
  • Reason: Under Review

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I've passed out from coughing before. It really took me by surprise. Keep an eye on yourself. See if you have any other symptoms, like dizziness when you stand, things like that. If it happens again, then I suggest you see your doctor and tell him about it including the ecig part of it. For the amount you smoked 18mg shouldn't be too much but every person is different and you might need to cut it a little if you feel dizzy or start having headaches.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
you can get seizures from smoking e cigarettes? I just bought me a brand new 511 now I'm concerned.

I don't think they meant the e-cig induced the seizure - just that it could possibly have been one.

I can personally attest to the fact that e-cigs actually stopped my seizures due to the chemicals in regular smokes were causing conflict with my meds. Now I have no seizures at all.

I can't say his problem was unrelated of course, but a huge coughing spell caused by anything (swallowed wrong, colds, etc.) can make some people pass out just from exertion and lack of oxygen. Especially if you have been lying down or not exerting yourself at all for some time.

Take care,
- Hap

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
you can get seizures from smoking e cigarettes? I just bought me a brand new 511 now I'm concerned.
i doubt he meant that it was from the ecigs, look up the withdrawal symptoms, keep track of ur nicotine intake, and search forum for possible allerigic reactions to pg...i don't think it has much to do with e-cigarettes...there have been a few ppl who had a bad experience & assumed it was ecigs, only to realize it was something else entirely...

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Rest assured PVKing....there have been no known reports as of yet to affiliate seizures with "Smoking" e-cigaretts!!(actually we prefer to call it "Vaping"). I have also included the link to the "New" comprehensive guide to vaping since you seem to be loaded with questions! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...gh-3-6-please-do-not-post-here-thank-you.html hope this helps!!:)The Wiz!

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
It's a 510.
And what genius/ASH member told you that one?

No need to be ignorant. It's quite obvious that I did not mean that any chemicals in the e-cig caused it. Only perhaps like others have stated that the deep inhalation might have triggered something or the coughing you might get from having a grade A e-cig and juice.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
No need to be ignorant. It's quite obvious that I did not mean that any chemicals in the e-cig caused it. Only perhaps like others have stated that the deep inhalation might have triggered something or the coughing you might get from having a grade A e-cig and juice.
stevo_tdo.......Not to .... in..but I think ravengrim may have been referring to PVKing and not yourself!! I don't think any of us are qualified enough to say what may have caused this members condition...I would just stick with referring him to a doctor..as this is not an everyday occurence!!:)The Wiz!

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
stevo_tdo.......Not to .... in..but I think ravengrim may have been referring to PVKing and not yourself!! I don't think any of us are qualified enough to say what may have caused this members condition...I would just stick with referring him to a doctor..as this is not an everyday occurence!!:)The Wiz!

Perhaps, PvKing did interpret my post incorrectly. And you are right, See a doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread