home made liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there any liquids that i can smoke without nicotine? i dont smoke but i like the smoke if you know what i mean? LOL PM me if u know...thx!

Yes, I've yet to see a supplier that doesn't offer a non nic flavored juice that you can vape without any addictive chemicals thrown in.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
are there any liquids that i can smoke without nicotine? i dont smoke but i like the smoke if you know what i mean? LOL PM me if u know...thx!
Yes, most or all suppliers sell none-nicotine or 0-nic juices.
But can't for the life of me figure out why anyone wants to smoke just for fun. Then again, I wanted to smoke because I thought it was cool (That was over 40 years ago) so what do I know. Smoking isn't cool, it's a disgusting and health-threatening hard-to-break habit, I know that now, too. Please give it some more thought. Put your money in a college fund, a house fund, or something useful. I could have bought a darned nice house with all the cash I would have saved by not buying cigarettes.
Best of luck.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Yes, most or all suppliers sell none-nicotine or 0-nic juices.
But can't for the life of me figure out why anyone wants to smoke just for fun. Then again, I wanted to smoke because I thought it was cool (That was over 40 years ago) so what do I know. Smoking isn't cool, it's a disgusting and health-threatening hard-to-break habit, I know that now, too. Please give it some more thought. Put your money in a college fund, a house fund, or something useful. I could have bought a darned nice house with all the cash I would have saved by not buying cigarettes.
Best of luck.

I can figure that out, Kate. Yes, like you, I've been addicted to nicotine for over 40 years. But my love for vaping goes far beyond satisfying my nicotine craving. Like Leaford, I love "blowing smoke." And the flavors are wonderful. Once I've scratched the nic itch, I don't even want throat hit. In fact I vape 0mg liquid (that I mix myself) in between my nicotine hit vaping.

Politically, at this time, it is not appropriate for us to encourage non-smokers to take up vaping. However, I look forward to the day when we can get past all that and view vaping as an innocent* pleasure for anyone*. Why not? Pleasure, per se, is not evil.

* Non-nicotine

And, although an e-cig is not a smoking-cessation device (well it is, literally), it can be a snacking-cessation device. [It is for me.]

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
Thanks for the concern SV but I have done a enough research and am wary of the dangers. I have no interest in making a nicotine extract. I am not going to do anything with an apple.

However, I am curious about doing some pure VG extractions that are in the 24 - 48 hour period. The nicotine levels will be minimal.

Thanks again

ShinKun---It will never be refined as you never know what the nicotine content is and it is dangerous---I would not touch it.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the concern SV but I have done a enough research and am wary of the dangers. I have no interest in making a nicotine extract. I am not going to do anything with an apple.

However, I am curious about doing some pure VG extractions that are in the 24 - 48 hour period. The nicotine levels will be minimal.

Thanks again

Shin--you are a brave sole indeed. Just be careful!! I know when they banned in Australia, one fellow down there tried to do his own extaction and got himself in a some trouble---he was ok, but he did have a scare and will not be doing it again. To bad there is no way to measure nicotine levels that is easy.

Sun

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
Was he a forum member? or do you have link? ;)

I figure it's the only way to know exactly what's in your liqy... but don't want to mess around with more pure extractions like the apple or PGA. Too dangerous for my taste. On the other hand VG is not very efficient. If you were going to make say a valerian tincture with it you have to let it sit for 2 months before it is ready and then it isn't nearly as strong as an alc extraction.

There are commercially available herbal extractions that are VG based. Many of them are alc extractions were the alc has been evaporated and VG has been added because VG is not efficient enough fast enough.

My .02 anyway, I don't recommend anyone try it but if you have a good recipe let me know

;)

Shin--you are a brave sole indeed. Just be careful!! I know when they banned in Australia, one fellow down there tried to do his own extaction and got himself in a some trouble---he was ok, but he did have a scare and will not be doing it again. To bad there is no way to measure nicotine levels that is easy.

Sun

RKayne

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Seattle
youcancook.today.com
Hey there, another Seattle peep here. I think I would look at it this way, there is only so much nic in the tobacco to begin with. I have about the amount of 2 cigs (we have been rolling our own filtered for a bit now so I can eye it out all too well) in some 105 vodka right now. It has been soaking for about 2 days and I see a noticeable reduction of the vodka due to evaporation. I plan to take that and strain it completely then add it to PG with a touch of VG and allow it to sit open air to evaporate the vodka out for a day. I am not going to doctor it one bit and then I will have what I figure to be the nic from 2 cigs but will more than likely be vaping that same amount over 2 or 3 DAYS. So, effectively, we have 2 cigs worth spread out over 2 days so regardless of the nic level it is way less than I would have consumed prior to this. No, I do not intend on making my own juice regularly (aside of my DIY kit that is on the way from Dawn). I only want to see if it satisfies me on one level, and then knowing I can have some possible nic juice in the event that it COULD be limited or taken away for an indeterminate amount of time. By my call, I don't see how dangerous it would be if taking into consideration that those 2 cigs would be spread out over several days. I will report how well that worked for me, a pack a day smoker to that ;) I do think that those of us who have a bit of foresight and a basic understanding of math combined with safety, could perfect a basic recipe that could be both safe and satisfying at what would be rather LOW nic levels IMO.

LameBMX

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Stow, OH
www.youtube.com
Please be very cautious and take hazmat level precautions as nicotine is about as poisonous as arsenic, and is readily absorbed by the skin. USE EXTREME CAUTION when dealing with an unknown quantity of nicotine as death can be a real result. I read of one person getting crazy sick just from using an apple for osmosis of nicotine from a tobacco slurry. Nicotine is a very DANGEROUS and DEADLY drug. The lethal dose level is considered to be around 50mg. A 10ml bottle of 24mg/ml has 240mg of nicotine in it, enough to potentially kill 4 adults and a child. There are restrictions on purchasing pure nicotine for these same reasons. So just USE EXTREME CAUTION.

Thanks again

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
I am a little afraid of doing an alcohol extraction. Keep in mind that cigarettes have more nicotine in them then what they say on the box. I can't find the thread right now but I will keep searching, but there was a thread talking about it. You might get 1mg of nic from your cigarette by smoking but the tobacco contains 10mg(these numbers aren't exact it could be up to 25mg or more?)...
makes sense right?

I don't know if you have seen this thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/1973-tobacco-left-soak-flavour.html

but Cashmere of PS soaked a cigar in some PG and had good results. (except he is allergic to PG)

Anyway glad to see there is some other interested. If you find out anything interested let us know here!

Thanks!

LameBMX

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Stow, OH
www.youtube.com
Hey there, another Seattle peep here. I think I would look at it this way, there is only so much nic in the tobacco to begin with. I have about the amount of 2 cigs (we have been rolling our own filtered for a bit now so I can eye it out all too well) in some 105 vodka right now. It has been soaking for about 2 days and I see a noticeable reduction of the vodka due to evaporation. I plan to take that and strain it completely then add it to PG with a touch of VG and allow it to sit open air to evaporate the vodka out for a day. I am not going to doctor it one bit and then I will have what I figure to be the nic from 2 cigs but will more than likely be vaping that same amount over 2 or 3 DAYS. So, effectively, we have 2 cigs worth spread out over 2 days so regardless of the nic level it is way less than I would have consumed prior to this. No, I do not intend on making my own juice regularly (aside of my DIY kit that is on the way from Dawn). I only want to see if it satisfies me on one level, and then knowing I can have some possible nic juice in the event that it COULD be limited or taken away for an indeterminate amount of time. By my call, I don't see how dangerous it would be if taking into consideration that those 2 cigs would be spread out over several days. I will report how well that worked for me, a pack a day smoker to that ;) I do think that those of us who have a bit of foresight and a basic understanding of math combined with safety, could perfect a basic recipe that could be both safe and satisfying at what would be rather LOW nic levels IMO.

Nicotine, as I have read, has great properties as a solvent and in being dissolved. This creates the biggest pain in Nicotine distillation. Don't expect to even notice 2 cigs worth of nicotine by the time all is said and done. Though there is an extraction process which was purported to yield about 5mg of nicotine from about 10oz. of source roll your own tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread