home made liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiom1961

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Dont try it... i made it with 70% of PG and 30% of VG, then i have added just 3 ml (3%) of filtered tobacco (5 cigarettes) in alcohol. Well, 3 atomizer out in 3 minutes!!! Without the "juice of filtered tobacco", tons of vapor for many hours! But with the added "juice of tobacco macerated in alcohol" , 3 atomizers out in 3 minutes!!! Well, I have tried to add this juice to a premanifactured liquid. The same! Atomizer dead in few seconds! :-x

RedBullHighBride

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
OUTSIDE
What %? How glycerine, how vodka and how tobacco?

Hi Sergio, I can't work out how to link so I copy-paster from my earlier post...

I took a 95ml former mouthwash bottle (no idea what that is in real money, not big, not tiny) and stuffed it halfway full with coarse shag (haha) RYO tobacco. I wet that down with about 10ml vodka and let it sit for an hour or two.
Stuff was leeching out into the vodka so I topped it up with about 50ml VG and let that sit for 24 hours, giving it a shake occasionally.
After that time had a straw coloured liquid that smelled tobaccoey and was pretty much e-liquid consistency. I drew a few drops off with a syringe and gave it a vape. I got a fairly good tobacco flavour, loads of vape but it tasted a bit 'organic' if you catch my drift. In went a few drops of vanilla essence and a few drops of rum flavouring.
So while it had been sitting all day I had been thinking that nothing goes quite as well with tobacco as a coffee (apart from single malt but there's no way I'm vaping Laphroaig) so into the bottle went another good 5 rollies worth of baccy and a big spoon of coarse ground Java. I topped up the bottle to about 90ml with VG and let it sit again, for another 24 hours. Shake, shake, sit, sit.
When I got home from work and opened it up and had a sniff I nearly passed out from bliss. I filtered it through a coffee filter paper, then squeezed the rest out from the solids though a cotton wool bung'd syringe.
The results - 70ml of strongly flavoured liquid, dark like cola, tastes yummy, appreciable throat hit if taken in a long slow hit with a little air through the corner of the mouth. I cant imagine it has a very high nicotine content but I can see this being a highly sessionable liquid for in the evening - it tastes great, produces lots of vapour and is very satisfying. It's likely to become my liquid of choice for when I'm sat in front of the computer with a passthrough and vaping frequently.

Hope this helps, good luck!

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
oh wow thx for that! we have about 30lbs of RYO baccy that we bought before the stimulus tax. Even have some tobacco plants coming for the garden that I won't need for analogs anymore.

Will give some homebrew juice a go when I get time.

Hi Sergio, I can't work out how to link so I copy-paster from my earlier post...

I took a 95ml former mouthwash bottle (no idea what that is in real money, not big, not tiny) and stuffed it halfway full with coarse shag (haha) RYO tobacco. I wet that down with about 10ml vodka and let it sit for an hour or two.
Stuff was leeching out into the vodka so I topped it up with about 50ml VG and let that sit for 24 hours, giving it a shake occasionally.
After that time had a straw coloured liquid that smelled tobaccoey and was pretty much e-liquid consistency. I drew a few drops off with a syringe and gave it a vape. I got a fairly good tobacco flavour, loads of vape but it tasted a bit 'organic' if you catch my drift. In went a few drops of vanilla essence and a few drops of rum flavouring.
So while it had been sitting all day I had been thinking that nothing goes quite as well with tobacco as a coffee (apart from single malt but there's no way I'm vaping Laphroaig) so into the bottle went another good 5 rollies worth of baccy and a big spoon of coarse ground Java. I topped up the bottle to about 90ml with VG and let it sit again, for another 24 hours. Shake, shake, sit, sit.
When I got home from work and opened it up and had a sniff I nearly passed out from bliss. I filtered it through a coffee filter paper, then squeezed the rest out from the solids though a cotton wool bung'd syringe.
The results - 70ml of strongly flavoured liquid, dark like cola, tastes yummy, appreciable throat hit if taken in a long slow hit with a little air through the corner of the mouth. I cant imagine it has a very high nicotine content but I can see this being a highly sessionable liquid for in the evening - it tastes great, produces lots of vapour and is very satisfying. It's likely to become my liquid of choice for when I'm sat in front of the computer with a passthrough and vaping frequently.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Made up a batch using 5 snus *wetted* (not soaked) with vodka and then poured VG to cover by about 1/2" and nuked it for about 5 seconds and let it sit refilling a 10mL bottle as needed and the longer it sits the better it gets and no problems with atomizers.

Dunno, perhaps too many particulates, I did filter mine through a coffee filter FWIW.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
RedBullHighBride said:

Bookmarking
Tobacco soaking in vodka as I type.

coffeepot

May 31, 2009
Portland,OR
OK...Yeah I'm a newbie, and I've been told by many people smarter than me not to try to make nic juice. So I listened but what I'd like to know, how could we, I or you measure the amount of nic in a juice. That would be cool! No really, tryed to find it before on net and just came up with collage people and stuff. (Never been can you tell) There's got to be someone on this site that could tell us that. I'd feel better making a run at giving it a shot then. As a glass blower (newbie at that too) well I could make some cool stuff and be like a mad scientest. OK my highschool drop out .... will shut up now and let the smartys speak.

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
OK...Yeah I'm a newbie, and I've been told by many people smarter than me not to try to make nic juice. So I listened but what I'd like to know, how could we, I or you measure the amount of nic in a juice. That would be cool! No really, tryed to find it before on net and just came up with collage people and stuff. (Never been can you tell) There's got to be someone on this site that could tell us that. I'd feel better making a run at giving it a shot then. As a glass blower (newbie at that too) well I could make some cool stuff and be like a mad scientest. OK my highschool drop out .... will shut up now and let the smartys speak.

Apart from using a $50,000 HPLC, it's rather difficult at best to determine exact nicotine content....

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I'm still virtually a newbie, but I strongly urge all of you, who are experimenting with extracting tobacco flavor and/or nicotine from tobacco, to proceed with caution. See the Read this first sticky post at the beginning of the other Tips & Tricks subforum: DIY e-liquid.

For nicotine, you can buy 48 mg PG from NHaler.com (or 36 mg from him or many others) and cut it down to size with plain PG (and/or VG).

For tobacco flavor, check out "Tobacco Absolute" from the Perfumer's Apprentice or "The Original Flavoring" from liquidxpress.com.

[NOTE: I have no connection with any of these suppliers and there very well may be other sources, of which I am not yet aware. I'm just sharing the results of my own exploration into the fascinating world of PV.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread