Status
Not open for further replies.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I think an airy draw is just something people switching over to genesis atomizers are going to have to learn to get used to if they want top-notch vapor production. I'm excited to see Scott's Zenesis review though! I have finals this week that I need to prepare for, but I should have time to make my Zenesis AYS demonstration/review tomorrow, in which I'll also add some followup points regarding my initial Zenesis review.

DirtyHarry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Fremont, CA
I think an airy draw is just something people switching over to genesis atomizers are going to have to learn to get used to if they want top-notch vapor production. I'm excited to see Scott's Zenesis review though! I have finals this week that I need to prepare for, but I should have time to make my Zenesis AYS demonstration/review tomorrow, in which I'll also add some followup points regarding my initial Zenesis review.

I think that this odd aversion to an "airy draw" is kind of like the "vape vertical" thing Zen~ was pondering the other day - we so quickly forget what it was like to use analogs.

I, for one, precisely because it mimics an analog cig, LOVE an "airy" or "open" draw!! I can't imagine anything better... one of the best feelings in the world for me is getting a new atty and firing it up - and NOT having to suck until my cheeks hit my teeth to get some friggin' vape out of it!!!

Open Draw Forever - that's my dream!!! :D

-Inspector Callihan

MrAftrmth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
LosAngeles
personal opinion is what it comes down to.. airy, tight, whatever. When i used to smoke analogs i sometimes "pack" the cig to compress the tobacco, sometimes i don't. When I'm using my I06 sometimes i tighten it sometimes i don't. If for some reason you don't like it, the classified section is more than ready to accomodate you. You don't have to agree. If you are purchasing a device based on one person's opinion youre a damn fool

:evil::evil::evil:

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I took part in the midnight madness sale and was lucky enough to get a mini. I had a standard in the cart too and decided to take it out of my cart to let someone else have a crack at it. So now I am just anxiously awaiting the mini shipment. I ordered some replacement parts from HOH and they came today. Is it wrong that I was completely excited to get replacement parts? Lol. My fiancée sure thought so. We're getting married Friday (SO NERVOUS) and I was really hoping to get the mini before then (TO CALM THE NERVES OF COURSE). But from what I've read in this forum the wait is part of the experience.
Congrats on the wedding. If you don't get the mini in time, you might consider what I did on my wedding day, vicodin and a double shot of vodka!

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Absolutely! That argument makes more sense to me than Zen's horizontal point though, just b/c though we held our cigarettes parallel to the ground, the way you have to adjust your wrist to hold something as big as a Zen standard can be somewhat awkward to get used to, but even with that being said, if you're unwilling to miss out on a mod as great as the zen b/c you don't want to hold it a certain way or b/c the draw is too airy, then you should probably look into a EgoT or something.......
I think that this odd aversion to an "airy draw" is kind of like the "vape vertical" thing Zen~ was pondering the other day - we so quickly forget what it was like to use analogs.

I, for one, precisely because it mimics an analog cig, LOVE an "airy" or "open" draw!! I can't imagine anything better... one of the best feelings in the world for me is getting a new atty and firing it up - and NOT having to suck until my cheeks hit my teeth to get some friggin' vape out of it!!!

-Inspector Callihan

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
One thing I've been enjoying about the airy draw... With most of my devices, I draw the vapor into my mouth because of the way I'm pulling, and to do a direct lung inhale takes conscious thought (which is how I used to smoke cigarettes). A lot of the time I find myself blowing vapor out before actually inhaling it. This is still enjoyable and I like it - but for some reason, with the airy draw on the Zenesis, I find that I default to a direct lung inhale, which I feel helps with nicotine absorption, and more closely imitates how I used to smoke. This ends up with an overall more satisfying vape. I think I'm actually vaping less than I ever have been because I'm more satisfied.

Your mileage may vary. I'm sure everyone's vaping habits and styles are different, and may have the exact opposite experience I have.

Last edited:

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington

-Inspector Callihan

Greetings, Inspector! I love the draw on the Zen. I can't imagine how a "tighter draw" would enhance my experience at all. Seems perfect to me, and I'm a cartomizer convert.

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
before stumbling upon the Zenesis (and being literally blown away), I was in the market for a odysseus for my GG. I know Zen talks about how the Zenesis has just the Kanthal wire and SS mesh, making the flavor truly honest (and I don't doubt him, it makes sense). Being that I don't own, nor tried, any hybrid attys whatsoever, can anyone chime in to elaborate on the difference the Zenesis makes over their other repairable attys that may use ceramic or silica for wicking?

To simplify it a bit for you, most 510 atties use ceramic or silica wick, EGO-T's use stainless mesh. I actually have SS mesh in my GGTS/Ody as I type this and I don't really taste any difference between the SS mesh and the stock GG Silica wick. I don't particularly recommend it in an Ody though unless you have lots of patience and a good supply of NR and R wire. I shorted and blew 4 coils over the last 2 days trying to get it "just right".

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Ss mesh tastes better, produces more vapor, and lasts longer.

I happen to have SS Mesh in my Odysseus now and I originally thought it might be producing more vapor and taste, but I think it might be subjective as it turns out that I wrapped at a lower resistance than usual. The general consensus though is that the SS wick lasts longer than silica.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
To simplify it a bit for you, most 510 atties use ceramic or silica wick, EGO-T's use stainless mesh. I actually have SS mesh in my GGTS/Ody as I type this and I don't really taste any difference between the SS mesh and the stock GG Silica wick. I don't particularly recommend it in an Ody though unless you have lots of patience and a good supply of NR and R wire. I shorted and blew 4 coils over the last 2 days trying to get it "just right".

You'll think installing mesh in ody is as easy as taking a walk in the park after you try installing mesh in an iAtty!

Len Warren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
springville al
my wife dropped my standard while on vacation needless to say it broke. any news on when tanks will be available. I modified a juice bottle and bigger o rings and am vaping now. took half a day and driving all over panama city. Found a cool vape shop there, smokin vapor. they really didn't know much about genesis attys. they flipped out when they saw my zenisis. they thought I was using 12volts or something. I make things work every day on my job I wasn't about to lose a whole day without my zen working.

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
my wife dropped my standard while on vacation needless to say it broke. any news on when tanks will be available. I modified a juice bottle and bigger o rings and am vaping now. took half a day and driving all over panama city. Found a cool vape shop there, smokin vapor. they really didn't know much about genesis attys. they flipped out when they saw my zenisis. they thought I was using 12volts or something. I make things work every day on my job I wasn't about to lose a whole day without my zen working.

Zen indicated that there are new replacement tanks put up on the HoH site every day. They sell out in minutes though!

DirtyHarry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Fremont, CA
Lol me either. I'm bad enough when it's just beer.

At our wedding it was MY beer... while both the wife and I managed to make it to and from the altar, and did the ceremony as appropriate (can't say as much for the officiant, but then he was an old friend we KNEW would fumble and then ad-lib it), we got pretty darn sloshed afterwards.

I make a strong beer. :)

Insp. 2211

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread