House of Hybrids featuring the Zenesis PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Hickory, North Carolina
Sorry, I was typing when the thread moved along too fast and my question got answered before I finished asking it.

Also, let me be clear:

I AM NOT KNOCKING MY ZENESIS. I love this thing, even as is, it is the most awsome device I have ever seen. I just dream about it ALWAYS being as awesome as it is when its working perfectly.

Geo99

Aug 10, 2011
Bella Vista, Ar
I assume no-ox-id is different than naolox (I'm using Ideal brand from Home Depot). Where do I get it? How do I apply it? Do I apply the no-ox-id to the threads, or to the screw? I've Naoloxed the threads, I Naolox the screw about every time I change battery, which definitely improves performance A LOT, but seems like such a hassle.

I was having the exact same problem Trev, and I think the Noalox was the culprit. When I dissassembled the switch there
Were a lot of little black specks in the housing causing the spotty firing. Cleaned the switch with Isopropyl and applied No-Ox-Id, problem solved. Hope that works for you

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Am I the only one out there? I LOVE my Febbie button!!!! There is no way I would trade mine out. I actually prefer my Febbie button to one on my Ti. The short throw is just how I like it :)
The button is comfortable enough, but it likes to loosen up and fall out... have to keep tightening down the screw. Plus it misfires a lot. I understand now, thanks to your post and to LandLord, that the No-ox-id-a-special will help with the misfiring issue. That's cool that your button is sweet all over though, and we're hoping our replacements will be sweet for us like your orig is for you. :)

TexasPride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Texas
I think I am 1 silly question under the daily limit so let me use it up here.. With my current tank(s) setup, I go through about 6-8 ml on a good day (good day means heavy vaping).. It also sounds like y'all are going through quite a bit more / day with the Zenisis? Do I need to fortify my supplies for this new APV?

my wife will kill me i think over the last week i have ordered 800 ml of liquid i should be fine now for a while

Trev1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Hickory, North Carolina
OK, just ordered a 2oz tub of no-ox-id a special from ebay, so now I will hurry up and wait :) I will try thoroughly cleaning it out in the mean time. Thanks for the help everyone.

P.S. Did Z-atties go on sale and I missed them? I've been on the notify list since the first week on June for every product on House of Hybrids, and haven't seen anything, but I just read a post where a guy said they went on sale 8 days ago. I'd hate to have missed that.

stevo123

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
georgia
I think I am 1 silly question under the daily limit so let me use it up here.. With my current tank(s) setup, I go through about 6-8 ml on a good day (good day means heavy vaping).. It also sounds like y'all are going through quite a bit more / day with the Zenisis? Do I need to fortify my supplies for this new APV?

no i go through about 6-7 ml a day heavy vaping 3 of my fave flavors were on special offers so i swooped in now i have enough to last a year probably lol couldnt help my self my big fave is xline x1 flavor it was 15 for a 60ml usually 35 so i got 6 of them then 250ml of vanila boubon cigar from ecblend then nlv bounty hunter 2 jugs of that i will be in vaping heaven

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
no drop offs, the flavor was muted right outta the gate :confused:

Dyanna, I had very muted flavor on my standard from the start. I'm sorry, I haven't followed your issue. I tried breaking it in for a few days. Still barely any flavor. I had to change out the wick to get her singin'. The little plastic wick insulator had melted to the wick, and I presume that was the problem, as immediately I had flavor that just got better over the next few days. Sorry if this is of no help to you, just sharing my experience!

ok, i'm confused. there is no-oxid and de oxid gold? :blink: which does a gal pick?

No-oxid is the winner for sure!

OK, so I've had my Zenesis Mini for about 2 weeks, and have had a bunch of time to work with it.

My coils are doing great, I've built several and they all produce great vapor most of the time, but my switch is still giving me major issues. It just won't consistantly fire.

If I grip it just right and fiddle with the screw position every couple hours, and put naolox on the screw when I change the battery it seems to work great.

When I don't, it fires full strength sometimes, fires ok sometimes, doesn't fire at all sometimes, and very occasionally runs a noticible amount of current through my hand. Not enough to hurt, but enough to know for sure I just caught some some voltage (I feel it in my thumb, not in my pinky on the switch).

I know this can't be right. I love this thing when it's working right, and will deal with it if its just the way it is. The vape is worth it. But I'm definitely not getting the "Just Vape It" experience. Anyone else get the "numb thumb" as I've come to call it? If so, how did you fix it?

do you have the positive battery terminal pointed up? I'm no battery guy, but up is the way you want it pointing!

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY

i used to be a 3-4ml a day user. i'm up to 10-15. (but went from 12 mg to 8mg)

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
Ok I bet no one can help me with this strange problem .... My Black TI MINI baby only likes to fire when I use it in my right hand...but I'm a left hand vaper LOL. any clues

I can answer this.

I have found the same thing. I think depending on which hand you hold it in, the inside of the switch will make better contact, giving a better hit.

Trev1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Hickory, North Carolina
do you have the positive battery terminal pointed up? I'm no battery guy, but up is the way you want it pointing!

I put the positive end into the mod, negative end to the switch (although I have tried it the other way just in case, and it seems to work about the same, maybe a little less power).

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
do you have an exspreso shot of it in the mornings to start you of lol :D
LOL... it's funny because i never smoked that much, maybe a half a pack a day. i love vaping though!
I will plan on 2X and know that DIY is my friend... Thanks
DIY is your friend when you use a Zenesis device! you may have to lower your flavor levels though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread