how about a dummies guide to the ggt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
I have my ggt, afs, juice, attys, etc. still waiting on my batteries from two sources. I have spent a considerable amount of time researching devices before deciding on the GG. I have also spent a lot of time reading here and watching videos as well. To be honest, I don't feel comfortable using my device properly once it arrives.
The only thing that seems missing is a dummies type write up on using the GGT.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Most electronics come with some type of user guide.
I feel like a 16 year old with the key to a new Ferrari and no directions on how to drive the beast.
Hopefully I will hv my batteries tmrw....it has been almost a month from DX (first thing ordered) or from battery junction (recent order).
Tks again

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I have my ggt, afs, juice, attys, etc. still waiting on my batteries from two sources. I have spent a considerable amount of time researching devices before deciding on the GG. I have also spent a lot of time reading here and watching videos as well. To be honest, I don't feel comfortable using my device properly once it arrives.
The only thing that seems missing is a dummies type write up on using the GGT.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Most electronics come with some type of user guide.
I feel like a 16 year old with the key to a new Ferrari and no directions on how to drive the beast.
Hopefully I will hv my batteries tmrw....it has been almost a month from DX (first thing ordered) or from battery junction (recent order).
Tks again
I am qualified for that.:lol::lol::lol: Really the GG is so simple it is unbelievable. I know it looks complicated because there are so many options but it is very simple to use. You just put on the atomizer you wish to use the batteries of your choice and vape. Watch the videos for a visual. Ask any questions you have here. There is always someone here to help you. You will never be without help or friends here. :(:(:(:( Welcome to the GG forum.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Pop in whatever batteries you wish to use negative side towards the button (don't use any combination higher than 6v unless you are using a specific HV Imeoatty).
Vape away - couldn't be easier. :)

Any questions when it comes, you'll usually get an answer here REALLY quickly at all times of the day and night.

Read the AFS thread (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/45410-afs-feedbacks.html)and watch the AFS videos veeeery carefully, there is a learning curve to this product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BOE7kqN1k

Last edited:

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
I am qualified for that.:lol::lol::lol: Really the GG is so simple it is unbelievable. I know it looks complicated because there are so many options but it is very simple to use. You just put on the atomizer you wish to use the batteries of your choice and vape. Watch the videos for a visual. Ask any questions you have here. There is always someone here to help you. You will never be without help or friends here. :(:(:(:( Welcome to the GG forum.

Thanks Stormy,
I had a feeling you would help. I was born in OK :D
The AFS seems a little complicated. Remember I have Zero experience at this. Most videos assume you know what you are doing.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi pt my friend!

This is a request from many people so I found some time to make this for a start:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/52485-gg-help-newbies.html

Also, I will terll you some easy steps:

You want to smoke in 3,7 volt with 1xcr123A battery? Then you put off the 2 small sections and put the atomizer's cap to the first big section

You want to smoke with 2xcr2 batteries at 6 volts? Then you put back the bigger from the 2 small sections and the atomizer's cap at the end of this section

You want to smoke with 2xcr123A 3v each battery at 6 volts? Then you leave it as it is.

You have my new atomizers and you want to smoke with 2xcr123A 3,7v each battery at 7,2 volts? Then you leave it as it is again.

To put batteries inside, you unthread the atomizer's cap, you throw in the batteries with the negative (flat) pole inside and you thread the cap again. You attach the atomizer and you are ready to go to vaping haven:thumb:

I hope I helped a little

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
Pop in whatever batteries you wish to use negative side towards the button (don't use any combination higher than 6v unless you are using a specific HV Imeoatty).
Vape away - couldn't be easier. :)

Any questions when it comes, you'll usually get an answer here REALLY quickly at all times of the day and night.

Read the AFS thread and watch the AFS videos veeeery carefully, there is a learning curve to this product.

Lisa,
Congrats on the store!
From what I have gathered I need to use my 18650 batteries with the AFS. I have watched imeo's video taking apart the afs a few times. Nobody seems to show filling the unit with juice, etc. which would help me a lot.
I have basic 901 attys to use. I guess no HV for me until the new imeo 901 versions come out.
I just hate making mistakes.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Lisa,
Congrats on the store!
From what I have gathered I need to use my 18650 batteries with the AFS. I have watched imeo's video taking apart the afs a few times. Nobody seems to show filling the unit with juice, etc. which would help me a lot.
I have basic 901 attys to use. I guess no HV for me until the new imeo 901 versions come out.

about the AFS. You unthread the top cap, you fill liquid the tank until it reach the base of the threads or a little lower and you screw the cap again. You fill the atty with 4 drops at first use only and you put the catridge. You screw the AFS on GG. You hold your GG in about 30 degrees low from the straight position and you smoke. :)

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Thanks Stormy,
I had a feeling you would help. I was born in OK :D
The AFS seems a little complicated. Remember I have Zero experience at this. Most videos assume you know what you are doing.
As far as I know this will make 7 GGs in Oklahoma. The AFS is simple. I made it hard but I finally got the hang of it. It is really easy to use. I can complicate anything. If you just take it slow and easy it is just great. I am anxious for the 801 AFS. That will be my favorite.
I grew up in Glenpool. Have you ever been there?

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Lisa,
Congrats on the store!

You can use any of your batteries up to 6v with the AFS, no problem. Obviously, the atty won't last as long on 6v though.

Just fill it up the AFS to the level underneath the threads on it. Drip a couple of drops on the atty.

You must have special 901 atties from Imeo to use with the AFS - they have a special lasered hole. Juice won't feed without this.

Don't worry about making mistakes either - it's how we all learn, right? :D

Last edited:

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
You can use any of your batteries up to 6v with the AFS, no problem. Obviously, the atty won't last as long on 6v though.

Just fill it up the AFS to the level underneath the threads on it. Drip a couple of drops on the atty.

You must have special 901 atties from Imeo to use with the AFS - they have a special lasered hole. Juice won't feed without this.

Don't worry about making mistakes either - it's how we all learn, right? :D

thanks for the help. so i have the afs, ggt, etc but can't use the afs until i get a special atty from imeo? i am so confused. i think i ordered the afs before the 801 atty came out. to use the 801 atty i need an adapter?
Help....imeo...do you hv the 901 special attys?
i guess i can use my GGT w/out afs until i get it worked out.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
thanks for the help. so i have the afs, ggt, etc but can't use the afs until i get a special atty from imeo? i am so confused. i think i ordered the afs before the 801 atty came out. to use the 801 atty i need an adapter?

You get one special AFS atty with your AFS so you can use it right away.
To use the 801 atty with the original GGT, you need an adapter, to use the 901, you don't.
Yes, Imeo does have plenty of the special 901 AFS atties in stock at the moment.
:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Yes friend, you have to have a special 901 atty form using AFS but the atty is already attached to AFS. But you have to keep spare atties in case you burn this one.

You need an 801 adaptor for smoking HV 801 atomizers. I run out of 801 adapters right now but I will have in a week:)

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
You get one special AFS atty with your AFS so you can use it right away.
To use the 801 atty with the original GGT, you need an adapter, to use the 901, you don't.
Yes, Imeo does have plenty of the special 901 AFS atties in stock at the moment.
:)

thanks Lisa...I looked again and understand. See how I read a ton of threads and still got mixed up. Also, I didn"t know that it was possible to use 6v with afs (of course less atty life).

Feeling more confident already.:)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Wow a first timer going to use the GG... This forum is the place to be for sure.

If you have never used the E-cig before I would suggest NOT using the AFS for the time being. Get used to the taste of the atty for now. You drip liquid directly on the bridge (The wire mesh thing that covers the actual coil inside the atomizer tube) Two drops per 10 puffs at 3.7v or two drops per 4-5 puffs at 6v. Once you have become aware of the taste change I would start trying the AFS. You do not want to burn out that special laser holed atty unless you have spares. Once you try the AFS after dripping for a week or so you will never want to be without it. Call this a training week. A time to get used to the battery life and the wetness of the atty. Once you are more confident to use the e-cig step up to the AFS... like others say there is a learning curve to EVERY device. Every atty has a different draw to it also. Some come light and some are harder to draw on. You will start to hear and feel how much liquid is inside the atty. You can easily flood the AFS atty if you are not aware of this sound and feel. You can also use your sense of taste to know when you need to flip the AFS over.

Once you are a master of all things GG you will not need to look for anything else. You have done your homework well and a good training week is what I would do if I were you. I know this can all be confusing at first and a lot of information to take in at once. So take it one step at a time. You would not want to drive that Ferrari at full speed until you get used to the throttle and the brakes and steering would you? Remember we are always here to answer questions and help a fellow GG club member.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
That is a great place to start.. That is my favorite battery because it lasts a long time. I charge mine at night but you might be able to get two days from them. I bought a cheap multimeter and check my batteries. I notice a drop in vapor when they are about 3.7v. Oddly enough but they actually charge to about 4.15v or more. So it is that sweet spot of around 4v that is nice for the 901 atty.

Yea do not mess with carts. That will be a waste of time for you. You want to get used to the atomizer and the liquid level. Which company did you get your atties from. There are two or three different brands and they will act differently. The RN variety you get from Totally Wicked or TECC will have a slight gurgling sound to them.. This is normal... The "True" or SLB brand (They will have letters printed on the gold battery connection point) will be a lighter draw and will not have much of that gurgling sound to them... This is the liquid level in the atty itself. Those two drops we talked about...lol...

So yea start with the 18650 and direct drip for a week or more. until you are used to the liquid sound in the atty.... O another tip to remember... 901s have a tiny vent hole on the side... Keep that hole pointed up.... Test this out and puff with it down and then up.. You will notice a bit more vapor with it up... I always thought the 901 was inconsistent until I notice this after using the AFS for a few days. lol..

Anyway. hope I am helping and not just confusing you more....
Have a nice night...

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
That is a great place to start.. That is my favorite battery because it lasts a long time. I charge mine at night but you might be able to get two days from them. I bought a cheap multimeter and check my batteries. I notice a drop in vapor when they are about 3.7v. Oddly enough but they actually charge to about 4.15v or more. So it is that sweet spot of around 4v that is nice for the 901 atty.

Yea do not mess with carts. That will be a waste of time for you. You want to get used to the atomizer and the liquid level. Which company did you get your atties from. There are two or three different brands and they will act differently. The RN variety you get from Totally Wicked or TECC will have a slight gurgling sound to them.. This is normal... The "True" or SLB brand (They will have letters printed on the gold battery connection point) will be a lighter draw and will not have much of that gurgling sound to them... This is the liquid level in the atty itself. Those two drops we talked about...lol...

So yea start with the 18650 and direct drip for a week or more. until you are used to the liquid sound in the atty.... O another tip to remember... 901s have a tiny vent hole on the side... Keep that hole pointed up.... Test this out and puff with it down and then up.. You will notice a bit more vapor with it up... I always thought the 901 was inconsistent until I notice this after using the AFS for a few days. lol..

Anyway. hope I am helping and not just confusing you more....
Have a nice night...
You are so good at giving just the right advice and being so helpful. Maybe you need to be the US supplier. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread