Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Q: If you could find a set-up that gave you as good or better vape than your current REO rig but it didn't require sqonking would you consider it ?? You know just push the button and vape until your 4 or 5 ml are gone.

I know most of you are thinking thats crazy talk .... but look everyones needs are different and vaping has come a long way.

Just for full disclosure I have found such a thing and its made me realize that squonking ever 2,3, or whatever hits is really kind of a hassle .... especially in the winter when juice is thick and my gloves are thicker.

But it got me thinking about squonking and how it was so satisfying back 4 years ago ....... like part of the process. Like taking out the LP, cleaning the vinyl and swinging the arm and gently easing down an Audio-Technica cartridge into the first groove. That gets me nostalgic and reminds me of so many good times ..... but for day to day music needs I'm lazy and enjoy a good play list on shuffle.

I'll always be a REOnaut in some form but its been a few weeks since I've fired one (Maybe I'll throw on an album tonight and grab my woodvil).

So how about it are you all hooked on the squonk or just put up with it because its the best vape you've had ??

Yes I know all about how awesome Rob is and how the REO community is the greatest there is ..... I agree 100%

I said once a while ago that if I had to sqonk every hit I would not be vaping a REO ..... Now I'm not sure what number would be acceptable......

I'm a little sad

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I can usually get 6 3-4 second pulls on each sqounk on mine. Still better than carrying a spare bottle and dropping from the top every couple pulls. I don't mind sqounking and being in Alabama it rarely gets cold enough to need gloves or the juice thicken up. I'd try something like you're describing, but I'm happy with how the Reo is

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
So the entire device and eco system, longevity etc. would have to be considered. By the way I was on list for such a device way back when "the eclipse" it was using a pizeo pump and they could never get right and pulled the plug after the first shipment hit the street.

Squonking really doesn't present a bother for me, but I've been doing it for a while and it's just an automatic habit now.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Squonking is just second nature to me. And because of the various attys I use, I can also get several hits between squonks. I'm more than happy to be a squonker! I'm not too sure about an automatic juice feed. Seems it would add to the complexity of the device, and something else that can go wrong.

Sent by REO vapor

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Well I haven't gotten my REO yet, as I haven't gotten my W2 yet to get my taxes done. But, when I get my tax return I am going to get my LP Grand, RM2, RM3, and various other accessories and replacement parts. The only thing that I have been concerned about (other than battery life) is if I'll be able to handle the sqounking factor. I have been on the Cana DNA 30 box and Lemo tank for so long that I'm used to just picking up my mod and firing it. I'm hoping I don't find sqounking to be too much of an annoyance, but with the amount of REOnauts on here that absolutely love their REO and the killer flavor I'm gonna be getting off the RM@/3, I really don't think having to squonk will outweigh all the other advantages I'll be having with the REO. Man, I can't wait to get one!!!!!:D

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
Well I haven't gotten my REO yet, as I haven't gotten my W2 yet to get my taxes done. But, when I get my tax return I am going to get my LP Grand, RM2, RM3, and various other accessories and replacement parts. The only thing that I have been concerned about (other than battery life) is if I'll be able to handle the sqounking factor. I have been on the Cana DNA 30 box and Lemo tank for so long that I'm used to just picking up my mod and firing it. I'm hoping I don't find sqounking to be too much of an annoyance, but with the amount of REOnauts on here that absolutely love their REO and the killer flavor I'm gonna be getting off the RM@/3, I really don't think having to squonk will outweigh all the other advantages I'll be having with the REO. Man, I can't wait to get one!!!!!:D

You'll love squonking! :) better yet...You'll LOVE REO's !

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Q: If you could find a set-up that gave you as good or better vape than your current REO rig but it didn't require sqonking would you consider it ?? You know just push the button and vape until your 4 or 5 ml are gone.

I know most of you are thinking thats crazy talk .... but look everyones needs are different and vaping has come a long way.

Just for full disclosure I have found such a thing and its made me realize that squonking ever 2,3, or whatever hits is really kind of a hassle .... especially in the winter when juice is thick and my gloves are thicker.

But it got me thinking about squonking and how it was so satisfying back 4 years ago ....... like part of the process. Like taking out the LP, cleaning the vinyl and swinging the arm and gently easing down an Audio-Technica cartridge into the first groove. That gets me nostalgic and reminds me of so many good times ..... but for day to day music needs I'm lazy and enjoy a good play list on shuffle.

I'll always be a REOnaut in some form but its been a few weeks since I've fired one (Maybe I'll throw on an album tonight and grab my woodvil).

So how about it are you all hooked on the squonk or just put up with it because its the best vape you've had ??

Yes I know all about how awesome Rob is and how the REO community is the greatest there is ..... I agree 100%

I said once a while ago that if I had to sqonk every hit I would not be vaping a REO ..... Now I'm not sure what number would be acceptable......

I'm a little sad

You probably want to change your sig....

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
.......haven't used my REO in a week

<sniff> That's the saddest thing I've heard all day. When I read this that Sarah McLachlan animal rights songs came to mind......poor poor neglected REO.

<KIDDING> :) Sorry to hear that though. I just blindly squonk, holding it for a 2 second count, do again and typically I'm good to go. I do squonk every 1-2 hits as I really like the richer flavor I get from each fresh squonk.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Im sick of squonking, probably because I have to look every time and see it flow till it hitts the air hole, havnt used my REO in a week, have a dual coil build on it now that after a day of use gave me a cough fit at the same time a k-fun4 showed up and been happy with that,
Sounds like the build on your Reo is not set correctly to your preferred vape. I might suggest a single coil or upping the ohms or both. Start a thread we'd be more than happy to help you dial in the perfect vape for you.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Sad to hear this but I'm sure you'll find your calling again and who knows you'll probably decide that a reo is the way to go after trying something else. Maybe try a juice with a 40pg/60vg mix. That's the mix I normally vape, when it's warmer I'll up that mix to 25/75vg.

I went from always using my rm5 to a cyclone w/AFC cap and that improved my vape hands down. I get longer battery life, don't run through juice as fast on a 6ml bottle, and get good flavor. I got into a habit where I'll pull the cap off the atomizer and look while I sqounk to make sure I saturate the coil to my pleasing, that's second nature to me, while driving I'll just tilt a little towards my coil and pump the bottle until I see juice at the air hole. I just tested to see how many drags I could get off a sqounk and I pulled 7 drags off a sqounk before having to sqounk again. With my rm5, it has a bigger juice well and I'd get about 5 pulls but that was on a .2 ohm dual coils. Good luck man, I'm sure you'll figure something out. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I might be interested in an "autofeeder" - BUT and that's a big but (pun?) - only if everything else I love about my REO was apparent in such a device, too - durabiliy, reliability, build quality, intelligent design, support.
Not holding my breath, but not ruling stuff out, either...
:D

I'm a little sad

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I'd certainly consider it, if it were all mechanical. Or, if reasonably priced replacements were available on virtually every block (like analogs used to be). It's a decision everyone can make for themselves, certainly, but I hope you hang on to your REOs for backup.

In my experience, pumps of any kind are failures waiting to happen. They are handy, no doubt, but not something I'd rely on to never fail.

QuikDrawMcGraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario. Canada
Reliability. That's my top priority. I spend my days around complicated machines and the more complicated it is the more complications you have.

The reo is a workhorse that has never failed me. Squonking is part of the enjoyment, in fact vaping has become more consistent for me since buying a reo then it ever has with any of my old setups because I can control it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread