how are my first builds?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
South Lake Tahoe, CA
so here are my first two builds, i wanted between 1.8 and 2.5 so i experimenting with wraps. pretty sure this is about 2.5mm silica and 30g kanthal. ' got it from a ecf member'

this was my first ever build pretty sloppy, didn't really fit between the posts which lowered the resistance. still vaped nice, but tried somehting different for second setup
IMG_8515.jpg

just built this one, extra silica is stuffed under the coil
IMG_8516.jpg

here it is firing
IMG_8523.png

And here is my setup, going to torch the aga top eventually!
IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

^did it while ecf was down :)

steel bender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Sturgeon Bay, WI, USA
1st build, going between the posts like that, looks like it was causing a little short, which was lowering the resistance. You want to make sure all wraps are not touching the posts, bottom or sides.

Definitely far, far from a "perfect" build, but the real question is how it vapes. Sometimes the ugliest builds vape just as well as the prettiest. Keep reading,youtubing and practicing, it gets much easier over time.

RichRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
South Lake Tahoe, CA
1st build, going between the posts like that, looks like it was causing a little short, which was lowering the resistance. You want to make sure all wraps are not touching the posts, bottom or sides.

Definitely far, far from a "perfect" build, but the real question is how it vapes. Sometimes the ugliest builds vape just as well as the prettiest. Keep reading,youtubing and practicing, it gets much easier over time.

figured it out after the first one that i didnt want the coil going between the posts, as you said it was causing a short. my second build vapes really nice! how often do you guys juice? do you go by taste? im on my third coil now, trying to keep practicing! this one came out even cleaner but i used a needle to hold the silica then wrapped it semi tight and slid needle out. came in at 2.1 ohms. vapes nicely :) im enjoying the tinkering

KILO68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Whittier, Ca
If it works for ya, then its good. Else, i'd invest into a battery that has ohm reader feature to make your building and testing much more efficient and easy to tweak as you do vs having to put it on a separate meter every time.

do you have a link to such a thing? the battery with ohm reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread