How did you coil/wick/cotton your tank today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Very interesting looking build!
Thanks @ChelsB !
I'm a fan of this tank. I like it's small size and at the same time the ability to produce a lot of cool vapor in a very short time at low wattage with the rta deck. I've been vaping on this build whole evening and I'm impressed of the performance. I was using different WC (18-30W) and TC @ 220C. Very nice.

Reactions: cocy c

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Ultimo MG RTA
2x SS 316L 28ga (0.3mm), ø2.0x4.0 (flat), 2x6 separated, 0.4 ohm, ??? cotton

QXm5DK4.jpg

LXws88G.jpg

hUtTyXp.jpg
Previous cotton placing was wrong. This is much better.

VyNJsEQ.jpg

Ey4Qpds.jpg

WyOXXrs.jpg

6UnF9Ou.jpg

This video shows that very well.
CAUTION! This video is in german. Turn the sound off if needed.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
And finaly ...
This is THE build that I already love! The draw is perfect. Just as I remember it from pipe smoking. With the Inawera Amphora flavour - fantastic!
It is one of the first tanks that I acquired for a half year ago and I just couldn't figure out how to put the cotton in it without a slight leakage.
This tank will be my companion when I'm away from home.
0.3 ohm, on the top of a Pico, 30 watts and I'm off ...

idqalWX.jpg

3NbbAkB.jpg

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I'd post pics but it looks just like a wicked coil.

I've found I now have a process.

1st start with the image of a perfectly good wicked set of coils. From there proceed to lay out what you need and begin with the cotton.

Pull said cotton and roll into what appears to be perfect.

It's not. Go to step 2.

Wick said cotton through coil being completely unsure if it's enough. Protip: it's either too little or too much.

Repeat step 2 & 3.

I find a liberal amount of cussing helps matters along. Be sure to drop the tweezers 2 or 3 times for good measure.

Once you've wicked proceed to attempt to cut the tails. Carefully line the cotton with the side of the tank and cut elsewhere. Doesn't matter your intentions, it will look like hell and wick like it too.

Prime your cotton/coils with what would be enough juice to fill the tank, because the damn little dropper takes on a mind of its own and hoses your hands/rda/small village no matter how hard you try.

Important step: Look at significant other as if you know what you're doing and it's all going to plan.

Put it all together and ignore common sense. Take the biggest hit you can and enjoy the flaming hot pins and needles ripping your throat apart despite what should be flooded coils.

-My routine. Works...well.

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
I'd post pics but it looks just like a wicked coil.

I've found I now have a process.

1st start with the image of a perfectly good wicked set of coils. From there proceed to lay out what you need and begin with the cotton.

Pull said cotton and roll into what appears to be perfect.

It's not. Go to step 2.

Wick said cotton through coil being completely unsure if it's enough. Protip: it's either too little or too much.

Repeat step 2 & 3.

I find a liberal amount of cussing helps matters along. Be sure to drop the tweezers 2 or 3 times for good measure.

Once you've wicked proceed to attempt to cut the tails. Carefully line the cotton with the side of the tank and cut elsewhere. Doesn't matter your intentions, it will look like hell and wick like it too.

Prime your cotton/coils with what would be enough juice to fill the tank, because the damn little dropper takes on a mind of its own and hoses your hands/rda/small village no matter how hard you try.

Important step: Look at significant other as if you know what you're doing and it's all going to plan.

Put it all together and ignore common sense. Take the biggest hit you can and enjoy the flaming hot pins and needles ripping your throat apart despite what should be flooded coils.

-My routine. Works...well.
Possibly the greatest thing I've ever read!!!

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
View attachment 691131 2 minute wick job at work. Too much cotton not combed and dries faster on one side.

Glad I got paid while doing it...cause it sucks.
Haha! You should see my first wicks (at home). Don't worry, you'll be a master as long you don't give up.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
SS fused Claptons, love them

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nice job! I personally don't like clapton's much, because when I do, I have to fill the tank all the time or use some of my huge 5+ ml. But I must admit, that the quality of the vape is better - cooler and the draws becomes shorter.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Nice job! I personally don't like clapton's much, because when I do, I have to fill the tank all the time or use some of my huge 5+ ml. But I must admit, that the quality of the vape is better - cooler and the draws becomes shorter.
Most all I vape these days are SS Fused Claptons or when I'm on my series Mod's Kanthal Fused Claptons, I love them.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread