• saw it on the news

• friend - relitive - co worker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyhadadot

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Wow, seems like "blu" had a lot to do with people finding e-cigs!

I was just surfing and came across an advertisement for "BLU" e-cigs. Being as cheap as I am I figured that if they were selling it for that price there were others selling it for less. After doing some research I came across this forum and lurked around for a week or so and read all I could then bought my 510 from Heaven's Gifts. That was a month ago and I haven't smoked an analog since the day I opened up the package. I'm 51 so after smoking over 30 years my health had started to go south. Now I don't have coughing fits at night or when I laugh too hard... I taste things better and I certainly smell better. E-cigs are the best thing to happen to me in years and years!

Last edited:

kabomb

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Lititz, Pa
The owner of the company I work for (a small machine shop) recieved a warning letter from the state that we were still smoking. He had no choice but to ban smoking in our shop. At first I was VERY upset at this non-smoking nazi that did this (man do I hate narcs!) I am now glad this happened! At the same time I recieved an email from Costco of things on sale that included njoy NPRO electronic cigarette. I bought it right away. After going through pre-filled carts and doing the math, I thought there has to be a better way. Started Googleing and found out I can do this myself. Returned the njoy and got a 901. Only wanted to use it at work but put done analogs and never looked back! That was 6 months ago. I now use a PT and Kensington. Sweeeeet!!!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Wow, seems like "blu" had a lot to do with people finding e-cigs!!
Did with me
I'm 51 so after smoking over 30 years my health had started to go south. Now I don't have coughing fits at night or when I laugh too hard... I taste things better and I certainly smell better. E-cigs are the best thing to happen to me in years and years
Same here but I'm 50 and started at 15 :p
I get up in the morning WITHOUT the coughing and hacking, I LOVE IT :D
50 + days and still counting.

Burnie

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio
During my umpteenth try at quitting, I was Googling for some info on how long my withdrawal would last. Somehow ended up here. Traded my withdrawal pains for a 901, and got rid of the 40 year smoking habit. Have since upgraded to a 510/Yeti.

I'm now about $1500 in the red, but I'm stocked to the hilt with 510 parts and juice.

TC

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
I saw a sidebar at MSN.com and read the article then searched online. The best one I found at the time was NPRO so I ordered one of those and fell in love. It wasn't long after that I found this site and ordered my 901 and fell in love again! I guess I've had really good luck with mine, no real problems and I tell everyone I can about it (and this site!)

yoshimi

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Costa Rica
Someone I follow on twitter kept mentioning it, they pointed me in the direction of TECC, but I still wasn't sure, looked for some reviews and came across Igetcha69's first youtube review of the Mirage (m401), so ordered it (a week ago today) by Tuesday I was having second thoughts about the model, and was realising I didn't really need it to look like a cigarette, so when I found out they hadn't shipped it yet I canceled and ordered a black Titan from TECC instead.

OneWizer

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Charlevoix, Michigan
Had heard about electronic cigarettes, and when the tax was going to be raised on loose tobacco, I stocked up a bit, did some searching, mentioned it to my better half (she doesn't mind my smoking, but wants to keep me around - go figure!) and she got an NPro from Amazon for my bithday. I was stunned. It got me started . . . Thank you, NJoy!! Now have 510 and JS.

Boss and I attended a stop-smoking class put on by our local hospital. We both stopped as per our promise, but were pretty wretched. He stumbles across a Smoking Everywhere Gold ad on the internet and orders it. I try it and really dig all the cartridge flavors, thinking, "I might be able to do this too." Except I did some research, wound up here, read continuously for days, then ordered 510's. Boss tries my 510's, throws out his SE Gold.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
My Dad mentioned he heard about it and bought one for my Mom. Praised the benefits and it was only a little over $100 bucks for one. Tried to find a better deal. I spent $300 bucks the first month trying differnt things.

Why do people spend $150 for one in the mall? Why do they spend so much their first month? Do they not do the reseach first? No. It's because they get so excited at the prospect. It's a pipe dream (pardon the pun) that turns out to be true.

There are four of us on my team that used to smoke cigarettes. We all vap now. Fortunately they had my experience and research to avoid the pratfalls of buying till you find the right one. I've learned enough that I have a surplus every month so I'm slowly making up for that first month.

Happy ending. Mom now has a 510.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Many people praise finding ECF. Let's not forget it's just a web page. It's the people who are willing to share that make the differnce. Thanks for sharing!

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
A co-worker was vaping a 901 one day and I got info from him. When he said he'd been 3 months off tobacco, I knew I had to try one. Stupid me - I ordered a Blu before I found this site. After a 2-week wait, it finally arrived. It was OK, but didn't quite do it for me - I was still about 50% on analogs - not good enough!

After doing research here, I ordered a 510. Well, that did the trick! I haven't smoked since - 3 weeks now! I smoked for 30 years, 1+ packs a day, and I was having some pretty serious health problems, but couldn't get the tobacco monkey off my back.

Since I found the 510, I feel much better. I'm pretty sure I have COPD, so I'll probably never be out running marathons, but I'm convinced that, not only has my quality of life improved, but my lifespan has also been extended immeasureably.

I can smell things now - like how stinky my car is! Definitely time for a shampoo! I don't wake up in the middle of the night coughing anymore. I don't weeze walking up stairs. I don't cough up stuff that looks like the embryo in a chicken egg. (Sorry - that was gross!) And - I'm definitely saving money.

Many of my smoking friends ask me about me e cig, and I'm happy to spread the word. Apologies for the long-winded reply, but this is the most significant thing to happen to me in a long time - really! Good luck everyone!

Campy

Aug 4, 2009
I had become deeply depressed at my failed attempts to quit smoking. The realization that I loved the act of smoking yet despised how it made me feel physically and mentally led me to research smoking alternatives. While searching for those alternatives, I stumbled on a demonstration about e cigarettes on youtube. Did my research and bought a Prodigy. It has been over a month now since my last analog. and I literally feel like I am ten years younger. I am happier in the morning, I need less sleep at night, I no longer am out of breath when I landscape, I no longer feel the need for any type of catnap during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread