How do i fix a 901 pass through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta determine the cause.. juice got inside? maybe a sticky button if it is manual? short circuit?

I would take everything out, examine closely, or even post pics, so people can help diagnose

Should be relatively easy, I would definitely try to fix it myself instead of buying another :p

Will help what I can..

This is a pic of a homemade one, which would be directly connected to USB, without any resistor or diode to limit power... (which could potentially kill your atty, or reduce its lifespan)
2428d1243917523-901-manual-passthrough-mod-diyer-schematic901manualpt.jpg

Edit- picture by Cisco, link to his thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/19871-901-manual-passthrough-mod-diyer.html

Last edited:
I've read people have had success by heating the area and slowly wiggling it out.. pliers recommended or the threading from an atty, preferably a dead atty, as some people complain it is difficult to pull it out with your hands..

The best way I have found is to first remove the led cap. attach your atomizer to the battery threads. Use a heat gun or even a hair dryer and apply a little heat to tha battery to soften any glue inside. Hold your addy and battery and gently apply pressure and wiggle the fitting out of the battery tube. Unsolder the wire connections. Be carefull not to cross any wires if the battery has any charge left in it. Don't want any shorts as other parts may still be good or any accidents.
Good luck.

Quote from Scintar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread