Status
Not open for further replies.

Konstantine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Greece
www.niquidtest.com
I tried an ultrasonic machine yesterday with alcohol (fast drying times). Seems to clean it enough, hot alcohol solution made the filler white and after inspection i removed the filler to check out the coil. Clean enough with no yellow or brown spots on the filler and coil.
I also noticed the center tube is glued with white silicone on the coil.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I tried an ultrasonic machine yesterday with alcohol (fast drying times). Seems to clean it enough, hot alcohol solution made the filler white and after inspection i removed the filler to check out the coil. Clean enough with no yellow or brown spots on the filler and coil.
I also noticed the center tube is glued with white silicone on the coil.
Eek, not rubbing alcohol I hope... I know SteelJan uses 1/2 PGA (pure grain alcohol) + 1/2 PG (propylene glycol) and just lets it run overnight (I dunno - she's an engineer - she must've figured out a way to disable the timer).

Ultrasonic cleaners are cool. I got mine from CraigsList for $15. The guy I bought it from had just started vaping too. When he found out that I was buying it to clean cartos, I could see that look of regret all over his face! Tough luck, bud...

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I have all kinds of alcohols, Ethanol, Methanol, Isopropyl etc. Most of them 99%
You only need a solvent to clean the filler and the coil from deposits.
Please do share your solution formula. Cleaning the filler's no problem, but I haven't found ANYTHING effective on getting the black encrusted crud off the coil...well, except Easy Off oven cleaner, but we won't go there... :)

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
True! If you get 5 refills with one carto then there is no need to clean and make a mess. The cost is way below the actual cigs.

I understand people on low incomes and tight budgets having a go at cleaning them too, but they are meant to be a disposable product and I'm lazy hehehe

Konstantine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Greece
www.niquidtest.com
I understand people on low incomes and tight budgets having a go at cleaning them too, but they are meant to be a disposable product and I'm lazy hehehe
You are just saying that because i'm Greek eh? lol :D You are right anyway. Remember also we are at the other side of the world. Sometimes i need to think ahead if my order gets here late.

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
You are just saying that because i'm Greek eh? lol :D You are right anyway. Remember also we are at the other side of the world. Sometimes i need to think ahead if my order gets here late.

Definately not meaning that in any condescending way LOL!!! just basically making excuses for my laziness

Harryinny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Syracuse NY

My Wife is Greek. Came over here when she was 6. She is from Athens, the rest of her family is still there. Loved it when i went there, But as of late, we both think staying here is best lol. (not making light of the situation in the least over there).

Harry

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I gave the whole cleaning another go last week cos with giving suplies to brother i ran out rather short.
I tried a simple syringe method, like vapians. I cut a tiny amount off the nozzle, used a condom that i cut open on the closed end( so it became a hollow tube. Pushed one end on the syringe and stuck the carto( mouth piece side) on the other end. Syringe was a 3ml. Got some hot water out of the coffee machine and placed battery end of carto into glass of hot water and plunged a few cycles through until clear. Let them dry for a good 4 days to be safe and have had mixed results. It worked well enough to get me out of the tight spot and i wont hesitate to do it again if i need to. Some carto's were just too gunked and didnt stand up to well.
31c594f3-2cf5-f59b.jpg

There's no glue holding the condom in place so you need to hold it with fingers.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I use the syringe and hot water method too. It's quick, easy and does a good job flushing out the e-liquid. When I notice a cleaned and refilled carto is not drawing as easily or the flavor is not as good as it should be, I finish vaping out the liquid that's in it and then pitch it.

It was a happy day for me when I discovered cartos......I hate attys. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread