How do you guys do with nic-salts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4sine

Jun 29, 2019
So I don’t smoke before however the first time I vaped was about a year ago. It was just like a social thing with my friends (at that time I didn’t have one though I was just borrowing from friends to friends just for fun) and I didn’t vape a lot too, probably like once a month or two when I’m with my friends.

Recently I bought suorin edge which is a pod system and I also bought a bottle of salt nic (35 mg of nic) for using with my friend and we agreed to paid it together.

Normally I vaped like every 4-6 hours like 2-5 puffs and someday I don’t but yesterday I chain vaped for like 10 minutes in the bathroom and took a normal shower which feel completely fine but when I was going back downstairs I got a headache I had to lie down on my bed for like half an hour to be able to stand up again.

How often and how many puffs do you take with nic-salts?
Should I lower the nic because I like to be able to do longer sessions?
Thankyou for your opinions

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I use mostly freebase, a little salts. It doesn’t matter which you use or how much you vape - this is a tolerance issue.

You used too much for you. It may be 1/10 as much as I could handle.

I have myself a few nic headaches along the way, and the best advice I’ve gotten was to drink water. For whatever reason, water will sort that nic headache out in a few minutes.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
So I don’t smoke before however the first time I vaped was about a year ago. It was just like a social thing with my friends (at that time I didn’t have one though I was just borrowing from friends to friends just for fun) and I didn’t vape a lot too, probably like once a month or two when I’m with my friends.

Recently I bought suorin edge which is a pod system and I also bought a bottle of salt nic (35 mg of nic) for using with my friend and we agreed to paid it together.

Normally I vaped like every 4-6 hours like 2-5 puffs and someday I don’t but yesterday I chain vaped for like 10 minutes in the bathroom and took a normal shower which feel completely fine but when I was going back downstairs I got a headache I had to lie down on my bed for like half an hour to be able to stand up again.

How often and how many puffs do you take with nic-salts?
Should I lower the nic because I like to be able to do longer sessions?
Thankyou for your opinions
Most people here will tell you you should only vape nicotine as a smoking cessation instrument. A good many will tell you vaping should only be done to quit smoking. You've come here for advice, so I'll try to give the best advice I think you'll follow. If you're going to vape nicotine, vape the lowest strength you feel a reaction from. What you felt was nicotine poisoning, and should be avoided at all costs. Just because you bought a pod, doesn't mean you have to use salt nic in it. You could vape with out nic, or "regular" (freebase) nic.

Now here is the why: nicotine is a poison. It's not like cafeine, where it takes massive amounts to do serious harm. It can quite literally, stop your heart. Dead. Now, you're going to do what you're going to do, but you came here for advice, so that shows at least some intelligence. So I'll answer your question about how I cape salts. When I switched to vaping, I was vaping 50mg juice, 10ml a day. That's half a gram of nicotine a day. Today, I vape no more than 30ml a day, at 3mg salt nic. That's 90 mg a day or less.l, an 80% reduction, in less than 6 months. Every time I drop down, three days later, my body tells me I am taking in too much. Less is more, and you could probably vape at 0.1mg, and still feel it. But the best advice, just say no.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Friendly but responsible....I'm not going to tell you don't but I am going to say what others have said and tell you to reduce your nic to 3mg/6mg.

For me if you don't smoke then why vape?? I probably wouldn't....

Nicotine poisoning is not very pleasant and that is what you have just experienced.....be careful :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Why smoke if you don’t vape? I’m just going to say, if vaping had been an option back then, I might have chosen that over smoking. I do not believe that we should all smoke first, if we want to vape. But I do agree, you don’t need nic. And you’re certainly using 10x as much as you should, at least.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think the "flavor" is what he is after.

He also (as everyone has said) should lower his nic although WHY he is also on here asking how to "make his vape session longer" IDK.

Vaping is great. If you are willing to put up with the hand to mouth annoyance, the maintenance and the cost and etc, but I AM willing to do that because I smoked.

Why a non smoking vaper would use 35 nic salts escapes me.

And yes if you MUST, lower your percentage to 3 or6 you can get premade nic salts at that strength although freebase would be JUST FINE>

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
So.....I'm always just telling things how they are and people in this forum hate me because of that.so let's try to make more fans haha.bro do you,lots of people vape 0 nic and do vape tricks.they're no rules to vaping like some people might lead you to believe, you can only vape if you use to smoke haha right, obviously a lot of people have no clue as to how popular vaping thc is now days, so by their logic you'd have to smoke cigs before to vape weed.at lest you're not an ex smoker.if you started vaping because you and your friends where hanging out at a hookah bar and you liked it then fine.at lest it wasn't cigs or even worse like hard drugs.I'm a chain vaper, I never put my mod down.that might be how you are.I would definitely say start vaping freebass nic instead of nic salts.not for the reasons everyone else said but because it has no flavor.reg juice taste better.anywhooo have fun with the new mod and enjoy.have fun in life, if vaping makes you happy then good.we only love once.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@billthetroll I don't hate you but wondering how you got the "W" word past the filter? IDK I'm not even gonna try.

I do think most vapers discourage or at least don't encourage new vapers subohming 35 mg/nl nic salts.

I don't really care who like vapes as long as they do it sensibly. It's just that a fairly high proportion of them like, seem to do really dumb stuff.

More so than ex smokers often. For one, smokers DO have more experience with nic and whatnot, and for whatever reason some of these never smokers never vapers do stuff like this FIRST and aske questions AFTERWARDS. Not all, but many.

You will notice I did not ask him to enter a longitudinal study if/when able like I do MANY new never smokers new vapers.

Frankly, I don't want him skewing the results.

I am all for FREEDOM of action. And I did something really dumb vape related yesterday but really most posts were aimed at "Your nic is almost suicidal in it's being WAY too high."

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
@billthetroll I don't hate you but wondering how you got the "W" word past the filter? IDK I'm not even gonna try.

I do think most vapers discourage or at least don't encourage new vapers subohming 35 mg/nl nic salts.

I don't really care who like vapes as long as they do it sensibly. It's just that a fairly high proportion of them like, seem to do really dumb stuff.

More so than ex smokers often. For one, smokers DO have more experience with nic and whatnot, and for whatever reason some of these never smokers never vapers do stuff like this FIRST and aske questions AFTERWARDS. Not all, but many.

You will notice I did not ask him to enter a longitudinal study if/when able like I do MANY new never smokers new vapers.

Frankly, I don't want him skewing the results.

I am all for FREEDOM of action. And I did something really dumb vape related yesterday but really most posts were aimed at "Your nic is almost suicidal in it's being WAY too high."

Anna
haha that's funny you said that because I just called you "cool" on another post seems like people in this forum have a lot of problems with people not at the cool kids table.yes I've seen new vapers buy stacked purge mods and not know ohms law at all don't even have ohms law app on their phone even haha just nuts.THE STORE MOST THE TIME TALKS THEM INTO IT!!! I'VE SEEN IT!! (Sorry didn't mean to scream so I see that point.but if it's a reg mod and the person is of age it is what it is.that's why I say "whatever makes you happy" that and I can't stand to see people in these e cig forums ride people's asses about stuff.turns people off to vaping and we don't want that.as far as the "weed" word I was just looking at vaper mods for dry herb today.it's becoming huge so this page needs to get over it.I mean it is legal in most states and the federal government is going to vote on it this year and it's almost 100% going to pass.even uptight republicans are ok with it.this forum is just outdated and needs to be updated.even the message box that we type in to post is outdated.that style hasn't been used in almost 5 years of that tells you anything.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
To answer the original question...

I was a two pack a day smoker, so used to nicotine. When I switched to vaping, I started with 18mg, then 12mg, then 6mg, now 3mg or 0mg, thanks to nic salt. The nic salt gets into your system fast. It's also typically a very high dosage, so 35mg max for me, 2-3 full MTL puffs when waking up, after a meal, rarely here or there. That is enough to satisfy my craving and keep me from backsliding. Then back to vaping 3mg or 0mg freebase nicotine juice out of habit.

Chain vaping 35mg salt nic for 10 minutes? As others wrote, odds are you poisoned yourself. Enjoy vaping, but please be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread