The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you like your kick by evolv

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by brian272465, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SAX

SAX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I have the older style TMF you might want to try cleaning inside your top tube where you are putting the kick. Also, you can remove the spring / fuse since the kick will protect it. Try it out and let me know. I have a ODY at 2.2 ohm coil turned up 3 quarters of a turn and it is work great. Good luck!

2. NebulaBrot

NebulaBrot Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2010
    in the NEBULA
    I sent this to ltrainer in PM and then decided it is good info for this thread - so, ltrainer, please understand, I am posting here for the benefit of all.

3. andel11

andel11 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Would be great to see your setup in the Phidias mod. I like to try it in one of mine.

4. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    i still have to send my unit from last batch to him, so that he can kicko-phi it. The newest batch comes kick ready though

5. andel11

andel11 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    It just so happens I sent one of mine in for new wiring, so I sent him a message to him to see if he can make mine as you say Kicko-phi ready.

6. brian272465

brian272465 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    Ok so I've been using the kick for 32 hours now and I'm avg 5-6 hours vape time its set at 8.6 watts I'm using a 1.5 ohm atty. Not bad consedering I would changge out my 18650s after about 3-4 hours bc of voltage drop. Now I just wait for the batt to die just for that reason its a win

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

7. ltrainer

ltrainer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    Thanks for the PM. I havent had any issues. THe heat sink is below the eraser. The Reo being square where the battery fits also leaves quite a bit of space around the kit, more than a tube mod does. TIme will tell. I checked the eraser and theres no burning there but I appreciate the input and will keep an eye on it. Its been vaping great though and I am very satisified with the product.

8. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    That doesnt make sense reall . At the same wattage/atty/juice combonation you should be getting the same vapor and TH . It doesnt do anything special that a vv device isnt doing . A 5v vape is a 5v vape. If its less hot then somehow it would be dropping more voltage under load then the hotter one. I dont think the kick has that issue. Same combo should be the same though.

Exactly what im saying. The kick is great for 3.7 device or i should say single voltage devices and users . For VV guys its not great. I personally use strictly VV devices and im also adjusting all the time. Its a great thing to have on the market .I just dont see the "Its the holy grail and whats making VV devices outdated"

All in all its a great thing for the vaping community but not for every vapor.

9. firhill

firhill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It makes perfect sense, that there would be a difference.

A carto on kick @10W is different (power-wise) than the (same) carto on the 5v device.

10. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

I assume you sanded off the anodizing where your spring is touching to get the ground to make contact ? you didnt mention this in your post ?

11. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Everywhere I checked is sold out. Does anyone know who has them or will have them soon?

12. Str8V8ping

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    Ah he said 5v battery (unregulated) . Im saying if your vaping a carto on the kick @10W and using a regulated 5v device putting out 10W its the exact same vape . If its a unregulated 5v battery however why woulf that be hotter then the kick at 10w . If your equally comparing then the drop off from the 5v battery should make is less hot . Not important though ,just making conversation.

13. ltrainer

ltrainer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    Yes, I sanded the right side wall. where the ground spring hits.

14. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Has anyone checked the "end-voltage" of their battery after the kick issues the protection signal? I ask because my kick isgiving me the drained signal, and my batts have better than 3.7v, still. I sent a message to Drew @ Nahaler regarding the issue. I post this here as concern and curiosity. Please read your battery after removal when the kick signals, and let's find out where everyone's batt run-time is. I've gotten 2.5hrs, 5hrs, 3hrs from the swaps since receiving it yesterday. 2/3 of the swaps I was able to read the battery with my digital multimeter and got 3.79v and 3.71v. That's only half the run-time. Yes, I'm using fresh, new 18500 IMR batts. I have the kick in my VmodXL with a fabbed negative contact plate for the kick. It works great between 3.7 and 4.2. I want my full battery run-time tho.

15. NebulaBrot

NebulaBrot Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2010
    in the NEBULA
    From another thread - not all relevant but addresses SOME of your request for "run times"
    There are also many variables which can contribute to your unloaded voltage when the low-batt cut-off activates. It is set to activate at 3.2 volts UNDER-LOAD which will usually be in the 3.4-3.6 volts range unloaded. 0.1 volts is no biggie and, as I mentioned, many variables which contribute to it = age of batts (various charge cycles, etc.), devices, quality of the many contacts/conductivity, vaping combos, etc. There will be fluctuations. Remember - this is the very first electronics add-on ever made to go into a variety of devices and that creates variables that do not exist in a fixed device set-up. There will be ranges of averages but no way to compare one user vs another - not with accuracy anyway. The Kick's low-batt charge cut-off is intentionally programmed to be on the high/SAFE side - obviously a safety feature to prevent any chance of overtaxing the batts. Not everyone will change/swap out batts frequently enough and this sort of forces the issue. Better SAFE than sorry.
    Happy :vapor:

PS:
    THis "fabbed" could also be contributing too. From Evolv website:

16. kerswills

kerswills Full Member Verified Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Shinglehouse, Pa
    I vape most of my juices at the same voltage. I am not a High Volt Vaper. I also own 2 V V devices, a provari and a JRock, for the few juices that I vape at higher than 4.8v. I also use an ultra sonic to clean my attys which removes the paint and any ohm markings on them. I love the MAP tanks. I own two Silver Bullets and a GVM. So with these factors added up........

The kick is a perfect addition to my vape gear. It has made my 3.7v devices my go to pv's. I have it set around 8 watts and no matter what atty or carto I put on it, I get the vape I want. When people ask what I have it set at, I tell them it is set at "YUMMMMMMMM" I have always worried about taking my V V devices out of the house, as I have an issue with dropping things, and most V V are not as sturdy as my SB's and GVM. Now I have the vape I want in a drop proof mod for on the go.

In the end, it depends on how you vape. Do the math yourself and decide if it fits you or not.

P.S. I think it is completely unfair and unbalanced to compare a $45.00 device to any $200.00+ unit. That said, I use my SB and kick more than my provari.

17. jimbalny

jimbalny Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2011
    New York
    Just tried the kick in a provari.

[​IMG]

Functions quite well as expected! :p

But seriously, works great in ma roughstack. Should have my reo grand on monday to be properly kicked.

18. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    After reading the kick instructions on evolvapor.com, NebulaBrot, you make solid sense in my findings of production, although I was backward about my thinking that the lower resistance was better by using less voltage to acquire the set watts. I didn't consider the amps that it draws, thus causing lower run times. I guess I'll be using the 3ohm Boges instead of the 1.5ohm DCs. The vapor really does seem comparable when kicked. I just like the idea of the longer lifespan of DCs due to the larger distribution of current not burning the carto so fast. I may order some higher resistance DCs for the battery's benefit

19. Str8V8ping

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    I may be reading wrong since i just read it fast but are you saying that the kick doesnt maintain voltage under load ? If im vaping at 5v i want it out be giving 5v under load all the way til my batt dies . Are you also saying that with a low ohm DCC the kick will cut off at 3.6-3.7v? If so thats a major issue. Thats almost like full batt life. My provari even takes it down to 3-3.1v and maintains the voltage under load exactly until it dies. Same thing with my custom VV mods. Thats a pretty big issue if it can not do this. How long are you guys getting with the kick when running a 1.5dc at 10w?

20. bluegrasslover

bluegrasslover Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2011
    Willow Spring, NC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.