How do you make notes for your recipes/flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusu

Jul 18, 2018
I have been mixing quite a while now and have found that when I am down in the "LAB" I just use the same way I started with a pen and memo note book, I have 4 now, that I guard very well I use a scale so I write down everything essential to the recipe, bottle size, flavor weights, nicotine, Date, and so on, and also supply notes on what is right or wrong with each recipe, now granted I usually do a single flavor test on new flavors first, before using it in a recipe, after that if it is something I would make again or do a larger batch of, I load it into ELR and use the calculations that I have on paper and keep it there for modifications and print it out with notes for my most used bottle sizes, then print it out and put those in a folder also, if your really want too you could organize by date or name from there, I always like to have a paper and computer storage of all my must haves now I have 3 forms of back up, original notes, printed recipes and recipes backed up with ELR, many also use All the Flavors or ejuice me up. I just like and an use to the free ELR site.
Clark Kent, great system and a good way to save time. I like it and will emulate part of your method. Thank you very much for sharing.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m using a tablet with a juice calculator, saving the recipes there, and also old school spiral notebooks. I can write a lot more notes and variables on paper. For example, the calculator is fine for recipes that I only make a certain way, same vg/pg and nic %. But paper is better for noting the differences when I adjust flavors to suit multiple %s if those things, which, some recipes don’t need, but some do.

That way, it’s easier for me to pick out which banana nut bread I’m wanting to make, rather than loading four versions to find the right one, or coming up with four different names for them.

Also easier in the tweaking phase, endless room for note taking.

I still need to dedicate one book just for recipes. I have four notebooks so far and they all look like the scribblings of a mad scientist.

jusu

Jul 18, 2018
I’m using a tablet with a juice calculator, saving the recipes there, and also old school spiral notebooks. I can write a lot more notes and variables on paper. For example, the calculator is fine for recipes that I only make a certain way, same vg/pg and nic %. But paper is better for noting the differences when I adjust flavors to suit multiple %s if those things, which, some recipes don’t need, but some do.

That way, it’s easier for me to pick out which banana nut bread I’m wanting to make, rather than loading four versions to find the right one, or coming up with four different names for them.

Also easier in the tweaking phase, endless room for note taking.

I still need to dedicate one book just for recipes. I have four notebooks so far and they all look like the scribblings of a mad scientist.
DeloresRose, thank you for sharing your method. From what i gather, many mixers use paper as a way to keep and maintain recipes.

I need to take a closer look at this system. Thank you again.

jusu

Jul 18, 2018
I have a few scraps of paper scattered around with notes. I'm more of a wing it mixer. I use the ELR calculator to adapt or edit. If I get a recipe where I enjoy it I simply quit adapting it.
That's my problem with paper, all over the place, all different sizes. But i need to be more organized, apparently it's a proven method for many mixers.

Thank you Letitia for helping me out in this search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread