how fast does your ecig pay for it self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Been vaping for 21 months and and now ahead by $700.00...that includes enuff gear, juice, delivery devices and PVs to last me for the next yr easily. 1 month after I began vaping I began to DIY= huge cost savings. I also never buy Version 1 gear and will only buy when the price is right/ on sale. Not being an impulse shopper has also helped immensely.
Bottom line I was only spending $11.25 per week when I was smoking so $$ really wasn't a part of the equation as to why I quit smoking....it was all about my health.
Much more important to me is the number of analogs avoided...15,999 :banana:

nikki martian

Jun 8, 2013
hucknall
I found exactly the same with the cigalikes, nearly made me continue smoking forever. New vaper as of today. Already feeling happier even if I am currently 200 quid down, and I probably have enough gear and juice for almost 6 months, if estimates on juice amounts are right. And the way I smoked the finances will be into profit after a month or so and rising, as long as I don't get too hooked on buying new shiny gadgets.

Last edited:

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
I limited my vape budget to $125 per month, which is half of what I used to spend on cigarettes (2 pad, ~4.25+ per pack). Other than my first month, I have stayed on target with my vape budget, saving half of what I use to spend. My first month I went over when I decided to replace the Blu kit I started with after only 4 days with a Vea kit. I have had several months that I didn't spend my entire vape budget, before I decided to expand on my mod collection and before I found the CoOp section here on ecf.

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
My wife and I are about 90 days in and I still think we are in the red. We've purchased some expensive gear (e.g. Provari, etc.) and have sampled a lot of juices. I do think we are moving toward a lower cost per day than we did when smoking. Our focus has been on sustainable gear; we love the cheap Kanger bottom coil attys, for example, and stretch their duty cycle by rebuilding them. The hope is that while we have had more up-front cost, in the end the cost per day will be less.

That being said, the biggest win for us has been quitting and the improvement in health we have already noticed less than 100 days into vaping. For the moment, I'm not really worrying about what we are spending on vaping supplies because of the simple fact it has helped us quit. When we first started I did a lot of back of the envelope type calculations about how much we would save, maybe one day we will, but it really isn't the most important reason to vape.

It should be noted that we did waste some money when we started. I think this is inevitable as it takes a few tries to find the setup that works best for you personally. We like our current setup, but it took a few false starts to get there.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
When you factor in things like burnt shirts, jackets and trousers it pays for itself very quickly. Similarly if you have a set-up you like and stick with it (without buying loads of fancy new gear) then it pays for itself really quickly. When it becomes a hobby, then you have to take that cash from the "hobby" tin, not the "habit" tin. They're not the same thing and need budgeting for separately. Imho, of course. :)

nctrekken

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
One thing I have learned. It helps to read all the info on this forum so you can make a better decision on what to get and what to stay away from. I could have saved 80 dollars on my first starter kit by just going to the mod I have now. If you find the info and make a educated decision you will start saving money.

Barton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Amherst, NY
I haven't spent much yet but I'm only about a 1 1/2 months into vaping. But I know $ wise I'm in the black. Also like most have said here the health benefits are worth it even if you go in the red. Plus all of the other benefits like not smelling like a ashtray. Cleaner and your car not stinking. And even though winter is months away no more freezing outside to have a smoke

Mcp15

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
CT
Budgeting! Arrgh! Don't you hate it? By the time I hit the 3 month mark, I think my total expenditure will be about $650. I've got backups for my backups, plus another backup. Now I really want a nice vv/vw device...but finding the "right" juice has been my downfall. But...as Dan said, the most priceless thing is not smoking around my 5 year old son...or running outside every time I want a nic fix!
A little discipline, and I just know I can save money too! (as long as I don't look at .........com!)
Good luck, all!

potmilkz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southern California
and plus.. if you buy e-cig items, you actually have the items in hand and some of which you can resell.. you cant sell cigs back.. so its like a car.. you use it.. eventually once you are done using you move on to bigger and better things..

and also with that analogy.. its equivalent to using 87 gas.. on a v8 toyota truck which gets you horrible mpg vs a 2012 prius that uses electricity and saves the environment and saves you money..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

and also with that analogy.. its equivalent to using 87 gas.. on a v8 toyota truck which gets you horrible mpg vs a 2012 prius that uses electricity and saves the environment and saves you money..

Not to Hijack this thread.

But how does driving a Prius Save the Environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread