how fast does your ecig pay for it self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrav1sty

May 18, 2013
SO-CAL
Ok it's been about a month since I've made the switch from analogs although not seeing much of a difference in my bank account (keep buying mods and tanks) I was curious on how long it would take someone to start (in a sense) making a profit when switching to ecigs. Me not being the math major like a good friend of mine I decided this was more of a question for him to solve. ;)

Started with some base info I've gathered
1 pack a day $5.00
Initial investment $185.00
E juice/maintinace 3.00 a week
After some fancy math work he came up with 6 weeks and that fancy new toy is paid for with an aprox "profit" of $32.00
Keep in mind this was an off the top of my head approximation for maintinance. Supply and demand may alter this and it may cost more per week to maintain. This was based on buying larger bottles of e juice and atty's at $2.00 a pop

Saying that I hope this makes people feel better about spending the money to kick the analog and enjoy all the benifits that e cigs have to offer.

Thraxxy

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Boise
The money you save on analogs helps you to plan and the rationalize your future purchases of vape-tech. :)

I smoked a pack a day, so over the course of a year that comes out to $1825 of vape-tech and juice. I can't imagine spending this much in a year on kit, but then again, I think I may just be up to the challenge.

It definitely adds up...

I don't even want to know how much I've spent.

If you just want to vape in order to quit smoking, it's easier to actually save money.

Vaping has become a hobby for me. Hobbies are expensive.

Thraxxy

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Boise
A better answer...

Immediately! I've gone from smelling like an ashtray, to basically smelling like I just ate a banana flavored candy Runt (if I'm vaping Pimp Juice). My morning smokers-hack is gone, I don't get as edgy between vapes as I did between cigs... the list goes on.

But basically, the answer is that it pays off IMMEDIATELY.

You could even throw in the increased resale value of your car.

No more disgusting cigarette odor in your vehicle is priceless.

Iron Knuckle

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Washington, USA
It honestly depends on where you live and how much you smoked! For example, where I live, the cigarettes I used to smoke were roughly 9 bucks a pack, and I'd tear through about a pack and a half a day. So, my vaping "budget" is quite roomy. (seriously, 2 ego pass through batteries, a vision spinner 1300mah, four vivi mini nova tanks, an RDA, almost 200 milliliters of juice, replacement heads, wicks, coils, and now a vamo + batts and a charger) And I'm right on the money for my normal expenditures. Next month will be a waaaaaaaaaaaay different story as this was my start up cost. Juice, rebuild stuffs and parts until a new device sparks my fancy.

TL,DR; Taking me about one month to break even. Though, it's more about not sucking down analogues now isn't it? :vapor:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I found the best way to manage my budget was to figure half of what I used to spend on cigs and go from there. I used to spend about 240.00 a month on 5 cartons{this amt has increased}. My budget started at 120.00m a month 50% savings right off. I am now down to 1/3 of the amount. You have to plan it out and stick to it. Even if I don't need something this month I stock up. Most cost savings can be realized by taking the time to learn diy.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I keep thinking next month will be the month I break even. Like others have said, it's now a huge hobby for me, and by applying my addictive personality to e-cigs, I am greatly helping the e-cig community with my weekly purchases, and enjoying the Journey immensely. Since I'm not saving money really, or spending more money really, my wife just gives me a strange look every other day when something new arrives. Now she's off smokes and using e-cigs which has really allowed me to go hog wild for her (and ME) without too much back lash. Pretty sure I'll get there, but as long as new stuff keeps coming out, I feel compelled to try it. Also, I diy all my juice from the very beginning that I started...leaving more money for hardware.

Of course, my early days I was able to carefully calculate how much I would save each month, justifying every expenditure. Now that it's a hobby, I don't go to the trouble of justifying anything. Thus far, I love everything about vaping, and will hopefully live long enough to enjoy this for many years to come.

Coyote.au

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2013
Victoria Australia
From the moment I decided to change to vapour I added up what I would have spent in one month on analogue s .
I consumed on average a 2×50 gm pack of roll your own tobacco + papers and filters and lighters every 8 days near enough.
That was at a cost of now $42.00 hear in Oz every 4 days so a month came to about $315.00.
So my budget to zget up and running was that at least. the actual figure to get ego kit and some nic fast out USA express DHL
Was $ 100.00 all up. I have 2x ego t and some % nic and some 10ml mentol and camel juice and some glyc from the chemist.
Enough to keep me on the juice for some months probably time will tell.
So now I had $200 left so Invest in some more nic and some flavour and a couple of mods that I read experience folk are using.
Some spare rebuildable clearomisers and vv batts to make up kits for friends who might give it like try and I still have funds left from what I would have spent
On tobacco in one month.
So I believe that if was to invest say 2 to three months tobacco spend on this stuff.
It is a tiny cost compared to the health benifits that I am already enjoying ,breathing easier feeling calmer
and the non smoking war office I sit with most nights says she approves and I don't stink any more priceless.

and what will I do with extra years that I may have put on to my life without emphzema and oxygen bottles let alone cancer .
Well be greatful that I made the move to using an alternative methods of maintaining a lifestyle habit.

Ones own life and well being is in our hands and our destiny while unknown is better If we help ourselves
and not try to destroy the only vehicle we have our bodies.

It,s hard not to sound like a bit of a zelot over this stuff but the excitement and realization that I can make a reasonably
Small change for such huge financial and health benifit has got me . WOw it has really worked .
As I sit here with my partner puffing on a ego t whereas to smoke stinkiesI was banished outside to the rain and hail hallaluyah .

I am saved. Thank you forum

By the way the stuff I DYI ,d from the start tastes better and more satisfying than any cigar pipe or cig I ever smoked.

Because they really are very nasty big tobacco products that leach the life and money from our communities

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread