How hard is it to make your own juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
great to hear the success story DenalnWyo and also Lexibiscuit being such a trooper for not giving up but looking at it as a fun hobby im sure your persistence will pay off in a big way , ive been making my own juice for over 2 1/2 yrs now and have had the normal growing pains but also the unexpected computer crash in which i lost everything and yeah i had back up but it was corrupted some how so it was of no use , in that loss was a juice calculator heads and shoulders above the standard ejuice me up calc. that is no longer available , but since found a member here called Hotrod that has made one of the most advanced juice calculators ive ever used theres about 17pages of useful updates and topics with inventory features ,cost ,label making ,printing and much more , so DIY can be as easy or as advanced as one wants it to be just remember if you have some great recipes back up your back up or you will have to rely on your memory which may or may not serve you well

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
WillieB you bring up a really good point. I was looking at a nifty journal the other day at walgreens and thinking..I should buy this and write my recipes in it. I'm kind of a sucker for pretty, nicely bound blank books. Must go back to being a teenaged girl with a diary or something :D But anyway, I put it back on the shelf as 12 bucks I didn't need to spend because all my recipes are stored on my computer.

You know, I think I'm going to go buy that journal.

I keep a notebook at the computer and write my shopping list and random ideas in it (OH..look at that, I should try something like that but instead..blah blah) and all that, but I am definitely going to make a handwritten recipe book. Thanks for justifying that 12 dollar journal :D

And yeah, it's paying off already. At two months in I have a handful of juices that are every bit as good as anything I've gotten from a vendor, with just a few exceptions. Nope, they aren't all my own personal creations, but who cares? They still cost me about 3 bucks or less a 30 mL.

The moral of the story: Person who is lurking and still on the fence and saying "someday" about DIY..JUST DO EET!

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
awesome find on that journal , i dont have anything that fancy but after my computer crashed i remembered last xmas i made juices for some of my family members back in tennessee low and behold i found a note pad that had several of my recipes i had to rework them cause i use 6mg nic and i wrote these down on paper because they were 12-18mg nic which changes the pg/vg volume hince the reason i wrote them down on paper instead of filing them on my computer , but im like you i trust paper more than i trust my computer skills or lack of

h0tsh0t

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
With all the information on this site, all it takes is a bit of reading and common sense (not always available!?) and it's SOOO easy! Even my first attempts, while not wonderful, were perfectly acceptable (to me. anyway!) and it's got easier and better as Ive gone along. If using nicotine, be a little careful (don't need to freak out about it though, just don't splash it about!) but single or double fruit flavours with/ without nicotine are really straightforward. Best advice is to keep a note of what you did so you can reproduce good flavour (percentages) again when you get something that's really good. You'll save a lot of money and have fun, while enjoying the results and probably most, if not all, of the results! :)

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I use The Flavor Apprentice flavors. They have everything you need but nicotine on their website.
I've been mixing for about a year. I like simple juices like fruits easy to make and I've also started using a web based DIY calculator because I use my iPad all the time instead of my computer. I also take pictures of all my recipes so they are always with me. I have at least 170 recipes.
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-54-professional-flavors.aspx for flavors and PG/VG
http://.................... for internet based DIY Calculator
Good luck in your new hobby!

Last edited:
your initial setup cost can be costly ( its like going to the grocery store hungry ) but when you ween yourself off the vendor juice you will wonder why you waited this long , welcome to your new hobby

Yeah, he nailed it on the head! The comment about going to the Grocery store hungry is SPOT ON! Personally, I've gone 3 times hungry and have too much now. :)

I use The Flavor Apprentice flavors. They have everything you need but nicotine on their website.
I've been mixing for about a year. I like simple juices like fruits easy to make and I've also started using a web based DIY calculator because I use my iPad all the time instead of my computer. I also take pictures of all my recipes so they are always with me. I have at least 170 recipes.
Perfumers Apprentice - Professional Flavors for flavors and PG/VG
e-Liquid Calculator for internet based DIY Calculator
Good luck in your new hobby!

So, where is the online caluclator you are referring to on that link?

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
So, where is the online caluclator you are referring to on that link?

http://....................
Create an account and you can make your own recipes or use one that isn't private.
My personal ones are private, sorry. But there are plenty to start from to tweak.
I just look at one I like and adapt it or edit it until I like it.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I like this one best so far, even has some built in recipes, or you can save your own with notes.

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

After reading on here this is the one I went with as well and found it very easy to use as a brand new juice maker person. I like very much that I can store my recipes, and will continue to do so on there, but I did get that journal today and will be writing down my good ones in my new "cook book" :)

I haven't tried any others though, so there might be better ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread