Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
OK, admittedly I am a n00b at DIY, though I have already discovered the simplicity of mixing by weight (had a scale on hand for reloading my ammo :)) and have found a few recipes that I will be vaping until my palate rejects them or I'm pushing daisies.

My question is regarding making my own premixed flavor shots. Let's say I mix up just the flavors for a recipe and put it aside. When I want to mix the juice it would be simple to just add the pre-mixed flavors to my nic base in the desired percentage and shake.

Really, I'm wondering if the resulting juice would be "pre-steeped" since the flavors would have been melding together for a while before being mixed into the base.

Just musing here, as it really isn't hard to mix up a batch of juice from scratch, but I am intrigued at the idea of having a more mature juice that's as easy as a shake-n-vape.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Don't know, haven't tried it, but I say why not, your theory could be correct, and either way, if you have your flavors out.... For what length of time, though? Because I could see the flavors equally "muddying" each other in a way that they might not with other ingredients, although I base that on... absolutely nothing. I'd say try a couple and see what happens, at best, you don't have to drag all your flavors out every time, at worst, you get an oversteeped juice if such a thing exists, which I'm not entirely sure that it does.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm going to say no, it's not going to be the same as pre-steeping for the simple fact there has been no time for the flavors to fully integrate with your eliquid base.. (i.e. your VG/pg and nicotine solution)

However, if it's a more complex recipe you are allowing the flavors to fully integrate with one another which will likely be beneficial, but likely you will still need to add it at a higher percentage for SNV than you would if you your taking the time to steep it, based on the fact there is not time for integration with your base.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well, if that is the case, I'll just keep mixing from scratch, but in larger quantities.

If you use lemon don't add in a large batch. They fade fairly quickly. Just pull 20-30 ml from your batch and add lemon as needed. Id I want lemon in a juice that needs a long steep I don't add the lemon until I'm about ready to vape the mix.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I tired this with my beloved Peanut Brittle. Made 4 40ml shot batches. There was a very noticeable difference from the first to the last - by the 3rd shot I knew there was a difference in taste and freshness - by the 4th - it was unvapeable.

You see, I don't like my PB steeped. I like it fresh which means 30 to 40ml made weekly to keep it fresh for me. Those amounts can go around 7 days. I was hoping the shot would be the answer to. It needing to drag out everything and measure. It wasn't. Now, I just mark the bottle and add the flavors then top it off with VG/Nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread