how long before chemicals in tobacco leave your body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
hi all,
i've been steadily replacing cigarettes with vaporising,,, and cigarettes have steadily lost their appeal to me.
i have today; for the first time ever gone 5 hours without a cigarette and a consequent massive emotional upheaval..
in the past the distress upon quitting always drags me back to tobacco, but i'm coping just fine with my e-cig.. and i don't ever intend to smoke tobacco again.

i'm just wandering how long it will take my body to get rid of the 4000~ chemicals in tobacco smoke?

i love the setup i have: vision 1100mah + a Protank2.
its awesome.

i just want to start cleaning out all that crap from tobacco; my lungs already feel relieved having not had 7-8 cigarettes today..
but i'm aware the chemicals distribute through your body; and i want them gone:D

thanks
jingox

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
I am not a medical expert, by any means, but chemicals tend to leave the body (or not) at different rates, depending on where they (of if) they are stored. Bone would be longest and so forth. Some chemicals never leave the body. Others last a very short time. Over time, your body will clean itself out and you'll continue to feel better, to a point. There is damage caused by cigarettes that will most likely never go away. I have COPD, for example and I know that it will never go away.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
i don't know the answer to your question. that being said, why not switch to RYO or a natural cigarette the has no additional toxins and poisons added to it? i was natural RYO for 2 years (this time), and i tried vaping just so i wouldn't have to go outside in the rain to smoke as my apt complex has gone "no smoking on the property". beautiful, summer days weren't a problem, a 3:00am .... when it's pouring raining out was. once i put my first pv (cheap 650s) together, i only smoked 3 cigs after that.

so if you cant quit right away, you can start to get a lot of that crap out of your system now!

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
hey Sambuca; i've decided to make the switch 100% today,,
i tried using 'American Spirit' which has no additives... but the tobacco plant itself has nasty chemicals when combusted; even if its untreated/sprayed.... - so i've read..
plus - eventually i just wanted my usual; sprayed nasty analogs...

but i've found the transition to vaping incredibly simple; i just want to start feeling the chemicals leaving my body,, and consequently feeling and being healthier..

thanks for your suggestions; it just so happens its raining; so thats helping me forget about walking to the shop:).... not that i really have the urge to though.... - vapourising is Really working for me.
So glad for this forum; elst i wouldn't be where i'm at now.

all the best
j

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There's just too many to know for sure. I guess you could look at people who have quit smoking and see how long it took before they started "feeling better".

My dad recently quit after his last trip out of the hospital, talking to him daily over the last 2½ weeks, he started "feeling better" after about 9 days. In my eyes, its likely that 10 day mark that those toxins start flushing themselves out. FWIW he has been using the BLU e-cig to help, so the nicotine is still in his system.

I almost wonder if using a detox system will speed up the process. I'm still using analogs until my tanks get in, maybe ill try a detox for a few days to see if I "feel better" faster than 10 days.

Sent from my Google powered personal data extraction device

dbodin

Sep 7, 2013
Texas
My doctor told me 5 days is when the chemical addiction starts to leave, although I have heard different from various sources. I'm not sure if anyone knows exactly. I'm sure size/weight/adv smokes a day are all factors in the process. Keep in mind all withdraws are purely the work of your brain, so people with more focus or determination may notice lighter withdraws sooner as well.

In short, everyones different :)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
As an addendum, by the end of the first week of vaping, my nasal passages were clear for the first time in decades, and the gurgling in my chest when I laid down vanished soon afterwards. The yellow stain on my fingers and teeth thereafter. And while I'm still hacking up stuff from deep in the lungs, I don't get short winded any longer, nor does it take as long to fully awake in the mornings.

Never felt this good before, or that I can recall :)

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Im on a 5 weeks now...i mountain bike and i have noticed that my heart rate has gone down by about 5-8 average (was at 180-183, now at 175-178bpm). This doesnt seem like a lot, but i for sure noticed a difference in my breathing.

Smoked for about 21 years give or take.

Just as important, your lactate acid threshhold is now higher than it was. 48 hrs after quitting smoking the oxygen levels in your blood rise, increasing the bodies ability to process lactate acid. Meaning you can go harder longer. I felt a difference in my running 3 days after I quit.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
Really good question. Glad you brought it up. Im 2 full weeks into the vaping, no analogs in 2 weeks. The wheezing stopped almost immediately for me. Coughing a little still. Nothing like it was when I was smoking tho. Like someone else mentioned tho, I'm sure I put irreparable damage to more then a few of my organs. I'm 55 so I don't have that much time to set things right.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
IMO, the MAOIs naturally present, causing nicotine to become 8X more addictive, is the interesting part. Some say 5 days gets most to where they can fight it out of sheer will, but I've seen studies showing they could linger for 8 months.

I know of no additive to tobacco that is harmful or addictive.

I'm going to vape for a while, until I feel like I don't want to.

Steve803

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Deland, Fl
vapinggenius.com
This is a very good question and it might be different for each person. I can only share the process i went through when I finally stop smoking analogs altogether.

I started vaping 24mg full time in january and it took me until early March to finally quit smoking analogs completely. This two month process was extremely tough, i think because I was quitting a 37 year addiction I started when I was 10. Once I cleared my first day tobacco free it took me about a week before I wasn't craving the cigs and another week or two before I was feeling better physically. About a month after my quit date I lowered my nic to 18 mg and have stayed at 18mg since. It was also at about that same time my nightly wheezing stopped completely and I wasn't coughing throughout the day and that god forsaking throat tickle I always got from smoking was just a memory.

It didn't take but a few weeks for the nasty yellow fingers to return to their natural color and I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my teeth are now a nice bright white. Not something I was really paying attention to so I'm not sure exactly how long it took for that to happen. I do know that people noticed that my complexion was much better after about 3 months from my quit date. This might mean that some of the toxins take longer to release then others. So...I guess the answer to your question from my standpoint is about 2 weeks to purge most of the toxins out of your system and a few months to recover depending on how long you smoked. Good luck on your path to quitting and keep up the fight to stay tobacco free.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I had no trouble switching to vaping except the typical learning curve. I preferred it the minute i took the first satisfying "puff". A good 30-24mg juice hit the spot instantly. Now im content with less nic nearly all the time.

I started feeling noticeably better within a week. At about two weeks i started to get some phlem in the morning. Its normal for any long time smoker that quits. Its not a vaping side effect as far as i can tell. I had non vaping friends go through it too. It may last several weeks but gets better and its not that bad. I still have them in the morning at 32 days but i may have a slight cold.

Now at 30+ days i feel WAY better. Much more energy and i get far less winded. Its seems like every few days i notice a small improvement now. Especially taste and smell. I love certain kinds of spicy food (especially Thai) and now i notice more of the other more subtle flavors in them too. I don't even use as much salt anymore.

Cleaning out the system....hmmmmm

Well i like green tea with lemon grass and honey if i drink it cold. Cut fresh lemon grass into inch long sections and bruise the sections with the back of the knife. Look up a youtube video on using lemon grass. Its easier than explaining it. You only uses a short section of the stalk and peal away the outer part.

Boil several bruised lemon grass sections in water for 10 minutes and then remove them if you wish. Use the hot water for your green, white or even pink tea as directed. Pretty much any of the Asian varieties are good. Lemon grass also used in several kinds of spicy/sour soups and that will really clear your head. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread