How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that recommends a BulbVari to every newb. That's for advanced bulbers!

Oh, you definitely have to get a ver. 2.5 Bulbvari, they're ribbed for better handling.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
AngusATAT:9442481 said:
Just get a Pr... OUCH! Hey! That HURT!!!

Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that recommends a BulbVari to every newb. That's for advanced bulbers!

Ummm, no. I assumed that was kind of clear from the post. I don't really recommend much of anything. I only concern myself with what works for ME. Everybody's different.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I know some would scream at me to get a Bulbvari, and it's a great mod & all, but what I'm really interested in is mechanical bulbing w/a Super LR Rebuildable Light bulb. Anyone have a good recommendation for this? I don't want to pay more than $100 for each though, and I'll also need to know where to get some cheap kanthal & wire mesh for my RBLB (not interested in silica filaments atm).

I slipped and lit a candle today, and I just know if I get the right mech mod & SLR RBLB that would give me plumes of lumens and keep me away from candles forever!

Maybe this RBLB will work, but I don't know if it's low enough resistance for the lumens I need/want?
5 Watt LED Warm White Light Bulb

Sorry if this has been answered. I read this whole thread, and cannot find the mod I'm looking for.

TIA
BULB ON!!!!!!!!!! :D

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I only make my own bulbs these days- there's just a small learning curve to being able to coil the filament, and i get lumens for DAYS!

060227_light_bulb_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread