Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
vaping for 8.5 years, or thereabouts. Regarding post #1, I quit with cigalikes much more than 4-5 years ago, heh.
OK, so in around 100-months. I don't know, guess I've lost count of failed devices. I can say with absolute certainty though that I've "moved on" from more than those which have flat-out failed on me. I've got boxes of obsolescent equipment. Damn, why am I holding onto that crap? Maybe to start a vaping history museum???

Successes are easier to speak of from my perspective. I've got two Provari 2.5's which still work like new, years after purchase and with regular useage. My current pet(s) are another old-school device, the iTaste SVD2.0, which I picked up at a steal in a close-out sale...nice units. Especially at $25/each to the door.

Yeah, I'm totally off topic talking about things that work. I bought a ton of things that didn't work out so well in years past. Then, I found a few things which worked well and kind of quit experimenting and spending way too much on vaping.

Reactions: stols001

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2015
New Britain, CONNECTICUT
Kanger kbox 160-had it for a couple months And babied it when it just up and crapped the bed. Next mod I got was the Smoant Battlestar and from then on I’ve been a Smoant man. Love my smoant’s, they don’t die. Still have two Sigelei zmax’s. I bought a second one for a backup when it was on sale. Wasn’t necessary because the zmax was a solid mod I couldn’t kill. So yeah I was lucky to find Smoant early on so I didn’t have to deal with duds. It was between a Battlestar and an Alien, I went with the Battlestar. Dodged a bullet there, I would’ve been ...... if I got a dud alien right after my kbox crapped out. Smoant rules, down with Smok. Oh yea got lucky buying a Sigelei zmax instead of the smok zmax. Freaking posers, smok’s zmax can’t hold a candle to Sigelei’s. All thanks to ECF for helping me steer clear of Smok’s line of garbage they steadily pump out. Their tanks seem ok from what I’ve heard but I wouldn’t personally know.
Smoks mods are better then there tanks imo I've had a alien for years now still works great with everyday use for the last two years

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Smoks mods are better then there tanks imo I've had a alien for years now still works great with everyday use for the last two years
Now that I read back what I wrote about smok that was a little harsh. I’m just not a fan of smok mods.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Decided to try my eGo-Cs for a blast from the past (Yuck! I'm still tasting it). Guess I didn't clean them before retiring. One was well glued together with old liquid. Ripped the positive out of the battery and tore the insides of the atty out trying to get it apart.
So that's 1 really dead (I think I can fix the battery but do I want to).

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2015
New Britain, CONNECTICUT
I've only had eleaf mods die on me the first was a 20watt then the 50watt now my eleafs 200wattqc an ipower80watt both are 1 an 2 years old and the 5000mah internal batteries deplete so much faster after charging because they're getting older that's what happens with internal mod batteries after they start getting some age to them

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Joyetech VTC mini - 6 weeks
Ipv 2 - 3 weeks
Provari mini - 9 months
Considering i have a LOT of mods and each one gets used on average for around 10 minutes a day (used as in actually providing power to a device) that equates to;
Joyetech - 7 hours
Ipv - 3.5 hours
Provari - 2 days
And pretty much all of the very cheap no-name mods i've bought have stopped working for one reason or another either electrically or mechanically within a few months. Or they didn't work upon receipt.

Some of the brand name mods i've bought have stopped working but have been repairable. Mostly down to poor assembly and shoddy QC.
Don't want to come across as bitter so i'll add that, in general, i believe that most mods represent good value for money when compared with what they'd cost if they were made locally. :cool:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I have had 1 mod fail since I started vaping. A Coolfire 4. It just stopped turning on one day.
I also would like to add that anything with electronic components in it is subject to a certain failure rate no matter the manufacturer. Some of course are better then others.
I take very good care of my stuff in general and I am somewhat of a cheapskate.I have 20 mods right now and 40.00$ is the most I have spent on one(VT75). I have mods I payed 15.00$ for that are going on 4 years old that still look brand new. Since joining here I can tell you that some people look as if they use their mods to crack walnuts.:eek::D

Last edited:

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I've only had one mod go bad on me, but I'm pretty gentle on my stuff. It was an iStick 30w, and the battery just stopped holding a charge after only a month or so. It would work find via passthrough, but that was pretty useless to me.

On the other hand, I have two iSticks that are going on 4 years old that see a ton of use that are still going strong, so it was probably just a bad unit.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have had 1 mod fail since I started vaping. A Coolfire 4. It just stopped turning on one day.
I also would like to add that anything with electronic components in it is subject to a certain failure rate no matter the manufacturer. Some of course are better then others.
I take very good care of my stuff in general and I am somewhat of a cheapskate.I have 20 mods right now and 40.00$ is the most I have spent on one(VT75). I have mods I payed 15.00$ for that are going on 4 years old that still look brand new. Since joining here I can tell you that some people look as if they use there mods to crack walnuts.:eek::D

The luck I used to have with stereos, TVs, speakers and that kind of electronics was horrible. One store cut me off for returning stuff, but everything I returned was faulty except for a more expensive pair of speakers that worked but sounded like crap compared to the cheaper faulty speakers. I expected everything electronic I bought to go back at least once.

I can't believe the luck I've had with mods. And I do drop them, a lot.
Then I see some of the reports in this thread. I lean towards the nut cracker thoughts too.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
1 x Innokin MVP30 - first mod, died about 6 months into vaping (about 3 years ago) - crappy 510

1 x HCigar HB40 (DNA40) - died twice (chip) - chip first died literally 6 puffs into my first ever TC build and vape, sent away for a replacement chip, it got lost in the mail, to their credit Evolv sent me another...soldered it in and it lasted 2 weeks and died...but at leats it gave me a glimpse into TC and ruined me for anything else, but with its death i had to go back to wattage mode vaping ...eeek, for many months until....

2 x TreeBoxen (heartbroken - until i bought more:) )
- 1 x screen randomly turned off and scrambled at the 8 month mark (still technically working as i use TC i dont have to change any settings! :))
- 1 x fire button collapsed at the 9 month mark. when i get round to it ill take the fire button from the wonky screen one and transplant to the collapsed fire button one

Not a fan of any other Smok mod, they got 1 right, i own a few...

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hmmmm, I wonder if I could fit a 75C into a Treebox.......

Thats bordering on cruel, you must suspect/know by now, because you know me well, that ive already measured the TreeBox extensively, and theres no way to fit it and get the 3rd button working :) :(

Otherwise id have done it by now:)

p.s. I may have just talked myself out of a DN75C mod anyways, PM incoming

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Hmmmm, I wonder if I could fit a 75C into a Treebox.......

Not the C, but I'm considering it in my IVP D2, all of them if one works.

Thats bordering on cruel, you must suspect/know by now, because you know me well, that ive already measured the TreeBox extensively, and theres no way to fit it and get the 3rd button working :) :(

Otherwise id have done it by now:)

p.s. I may have just talked myself out of a DN75C mod anyways, PM incoming

For my D2's it looks like it's a matter of making a new face plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread