How Many Mods Have Died On You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
As the title states, I'm wondering how many regulated mods have died on you.
How many and in what period of time.

I've owned both internal and external battery mods. Plug in, external battery, old, new.
Over the course of about 4-5 years when vaping technology exploded and vaping became more than a cig look-alike.

Ive had 5 or 6 mods that have died on me. And roughly all of them died within 12 months.
I have 5 mods that I am currently using, with 2 or 3 really old ones that are stashed.
I'd say my success rate on mods /vaping devices is 55-60%

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Kanger kbox 160-had it for a couple months And babied it when it just up and crapped the bed. Next mod I got was the Smoant Battlestar and from then on I’ve been a Smoant man. Love my smoant’s, they don’t die. Still have two Sigelei zmax’s. I bought a second one for a backup when it was on sale. Wasn’t necessary because the zmax was a solid mod I couldn’t kill. So yeah I was lucky to find Smoant early on so I didn’t have to deal with duds. It was between a Battlestar and an Alien, I went with the Battlestar. Dodged a bullet there, I would’ve been ...... if I got a dud alien right after my kbox crapped out. Smoant rules, down with Smok. Oh yea got lucky buying a Sigelei zmax instead of the smok zmax. Freaking posers, smok’s zmax can’t hold a candle to Sigelei’s. All thanks to ECF for helping me steer clear of Smok’s line of garbage they steadily pump out. Their tanks seem ok from what I’ve heard but I wouldn’t personally know.

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
The only mods that have not died on me have all been Sigelei models. Right now I'm using a Vaporesso Revenger, which I have high hopes for. While I love it when I get a mod that does not ever die, sometimes I wish they would so I would have an excuse to buy a new one, lol.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
My original MVP died on me after 3 years of useage
other than that only 5 ego batteries died and have been replaced with external battery mods that are still in use, do not plan on getting any more internal battery mods in the future.
I honestly like internals more. Ive just had more success than the combination of either external mods or batteries crapping out. I'd be more than happy if I could find a mod that lasts 3 years on average. Although the technology will be severely outdated by then

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Interesting. I have never owned a Sigelei or Smoant device. Thank you for the suggestions I might have to invest in one.

Yes I have had a few Smoks, Eleaf Isticks, Kooper, and Teslas die on me
The Smoant Cylon is a new mod from them. It costs about $40-$50 and is a great mod. I’ve only had it a few weeks but I saw a reviewer take his apart and it’s well put together, like all the smoant mods. The performance is fabulous and it looks good too. Check it out, if I had to recommend one Smoant mod to buy right now the Cylon would be it. IMHO It is one of the best value mod you can buy.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
The Smoant Cylon is a new mod from them. It costs about $40-$50 and is a great mod. I’ve only had it a few weeks but I saw a reviewer take his apart and it’s well put together, like all the smoant mods. The performance is fabulous and it looks good too. Check it out, if I had to recommend one Smoant mod to buy right now the Cylon would be it. IMHO It is one of the best value mod you can buy.

madstabber ill do it right now...dont tempt me
:pervy::mail:;)

PS: Im on day 15 cig-less. Best believe im going to day 150, day 1,050, and day 15,000..

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    All my mods have been lipo. Only 2 Innokin vv3's died. All egos lived a very long life, not one died. All my Isticks are still alive.

Wouldn't have cared if they all died for the price range. Under $50 I'd like to get 9mths or more. I replace after 1 yr regardless.

I stick with Joye ( Eleaf ), and Aspire right now. Tanks and mods.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Yeah, I had an MVP3 (Innokin) for a long time and the battery just wasn't up to the charge I needed anymore. I had a couple of three others that I PIF'd, not really thinking any really died since its been awhile. I'm really happy with what I have been using (Provari)... two years plus now. I had the same brand beforehand and it still functions. The mortician has not had business lately.

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2018
    Spring, Texas
    None. Most of my older 3+ year old mods are mechs, but I still have a #90 Opus DNA 40 that is functioning. I did lose a Provari from the same time period, not sure if it is still functioning or not. My current mods are much more recent, haven’t had time to check longevity.

Nick L

Jan 15, 2015
    Indiantown FL USA
    I have a 100% success rate after a little over three years vaping. Quick disclaimer.... I am hard on my mods.... frequent drops onto tile/cement.

I purchased 3 Provari 2.5 mods three years ago. One was lost to a swimming pool and one was stolen from my car. The last one is still going strong for the past 16 months.

Nick L

Jan 15, 2015
    Indiantown FL USA
    In vaping over 3 years I've only had one mod die. I didn't have my tab yet and was using one of my 30w isticks for a build stand and forgot and tried to fire up a .25Ω coil on it. I killed it with a bang.:shock:
    :facepalm:
    What happens to a regulated mod when this happens? Does the board blow? or does the battery start to vent?

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    None have died on me (not yet anyway)
    Worst that's happened is my gbox has it's 510 loose since i dropped it a 3rd time and no i don't drop my stuff on purpose it just falls everytime i put it down at work -.-
    though my aspire nx75 has seen better days it still works fine
    same with my gpriv 2 but then again haven't used it much since i moved to squonkers shortly after
    besides those i only have my ijoy capo squonk but it's still brand new xD i'd be ...... if it was already broken lolz
    (and yes i know all about how bad people seem to think it is, but haven't had any issues for now with it + i needed something simple and smaller to bring at work since i love my gbox too much to scrape it's paint more than it is already :p

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I've never had a regulated power device explode, a few that smoked, a few that produced some sparks, a few that melted in small areas, two that caught fire, most just stop working.

Over the years I've had at least 60 regulated power devices fail, I'd have to check records that I am not near right now to be accurate.
    When something catches my eye, has good reviews from members that have used them I usually buy 3 at a time to see if they'll survive my normal daily use.
    So far nothing has except my tried & true ultra reliable Provape devices.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread