How many spare attys do you keep on hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I've been vapping for about six months. However, I would vap, and also smoke, so it is hard to gauge my vapping usage.

Three weeks ago, I quit analogs completely! Yeah!

However....

While vapping/smoking, my 510 attys would last me over two months! I don't know if that's usual, or I was really lucky, or I simply was smoking alot more then vaping....

I've also now switched to LR510's.... having purchased two LR's about three weeks ago.

Well, the first LR510 was plugging along, no problem, for three weeks! I figured, with a spare in my "tool kit", I was all set! Just to be on the safe side, I did order two more LR510's, a couple of days ago.

Well, my 1st LR went out about two days ago. No biggie. I have my spare!

Yeah... RIGHT.

I'm vapping away when all of a sudden...nothing! NOTHING!

I check the batteries... replace it... still nothing. I start to think maybe it's the device, a new Ali'i...

Well, seems I've blown an atty! First time in five, six months of vapping! Naturally, I find myself without a decent atty on Veterans day, when the post offices are closed and the vendors are closed!

:?:

Great!

I'm wondering if the atty blowing was because I'm vapping more? Because they're low resistance on an 18650 device? How long do LR510's last most of you guys?

Anyways, I've now ordered 6 more spare LR510 attys, to go with the two which are on their way, but I'm wondering how many spares you guys keep on hand?

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
i haven't blown an atty (standard or LR) after months of using a mod with 18650s. i have had one that was getting worse and worse and then finally gave up. i used it for at least a month straight with moderate vaping and no cleaning.

i've got probably 10-15 spare standard and LR attys right now. i only use them for one flavor though so several have been lightly used. i vape AC 90% of the time. i've got 4 more LR attys and some drip tips that should be delivered tomorrow.

my roommate also uses an e-cig (had a 510 but just bought my Chuck off me) so i also keep extra liquid/attys/drip tips/batteries on hand in case he needs them. if the battery dies i just give him one of my charged ones and then charge his and use it. he's a light vaper and a battery lasts him 4-5 days while i kill the same one in a day (not running dual attys). he doesn't go on any boards for this stuff so he doesn't think to stock up even though i've told him many times.

Last edited:

HippyJonny

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Northern California
I'm pretty new to the atty game. I lost my first one today. It was a Joye LR 510. Worked great for three weeks without the wick/bridge (I gutted it the second day). I just cleaned it last night. Was waiting for a the train this afternoon, screwed it on to a fresh batt, gave it a dry fire (it was glowing bright), and then dripped a few drops in and got nothing when I pushed the button. Sigh... I have five more, but that one was my favorite. My other LRs are an off brand and don't hold juice as well. Any good sales going on right now?

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
LR 510's are meant to be used on 3.7v batteries. Don't use these on anything any higher or you won't have them for long. LR's on 3.7v are suppose to immitate 5v vaping. If you're using higher volt batteries (I don't know what volt your mod is) use HV 510's or standards (these can also be tricky). Let them cool down between vapes and do shorter draws (like 5 seconds or less).

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Currently I think I have about 12 attys in rotation and 27 unused. I'm still thinking about putting in an order for another 25 (bulk pricing rules). I've somehow become the local supplier for all my friends, so I tend to keep obscene amounts of attys and juice on hand.

Check out Chris on MFS. Coupon code is smoke. 40 percent off all hardware.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
At the moment I've got 14 new atty's 6 LR's, and 8 regulars. I also have a few used ones that I'm saving to revive in the future. Every time I place an order I throw in a few more atty's, a couple bottles of oddball juices, and any other stuff I've been wanting to try. This builds up stock. I could go a year or more just on the stuff I've got on hand.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I probably have a half dozen 510 attys around here, and two mega attys on the way to try out. Two of the 510s are bridgeless, one on a passthru and another on an eGo battery with super-T drip tips on them for around the house. Then a small handful of mega and ce2 cartos that get filled every week or two for when I'm out. If I'm out for more than an hour or three, I carry a spare full carto and battery just in case.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
LR 510's are meant to be used on 3.7v batteries. Don't use these on anything any higher or you won't have them for long. LR's on 3.7v are suppose to immitate 5v vaping. If you're using higher volt batteries (I don't know what volt your mod is) use HV 510's or standards (these can also be tricky). Let them cool down between vapes and do shorter draws (like 5 seconds or less).

Hairball
Yeah, my device is the Ali'i, which can be run with 3.7 or 6.0v. I'm using 18650's, which are 3.7v.

I think my problem was, I was using compressed air to blow out excess juice, when the atty would not produce great vap. I found that by blowing out all of the juice, and then dripping three drops, I got the perfect vap!

Now I read on another thread where a guy says using compressed air can damage/ruin your atty! Man... that blows! That was my main method of changing flavors and/or restoring a poor performing atty.

Guess I'll have to try another method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread