Please DO vap where you can't smoke!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
Thanks for the info. I handed over the articles and the jury is still out. I do have to do a class project presentation this 8 weeks, and my thought (at this moment) is to possible go with the thought of ecigs replacing traditional tobacco cigs.....but at this point really too tired to flesh it out any more. Got a test tomorrow on the trigeminal nerve.......eeeeekkkkkkk. That sucker branches out all over the place!!!!!

Anne

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
CASAA.org has also created a lot of good resources to print, as well.

Some good ones for those new to e-cigarettes:

Kristin
Thanks for providing these links!

These are amazingly helpful!

Not sure how I feel about vaping at school. Are we talking adult school, or schools with children?

The ONE place I can think of that I wouldn't vap openly at would be schools with young children. I feel that it could, even inadvertantly, encourage young children to smoke, simply by them seeing what appears to be adults smoking/vaping.

I haven't gone back through this portion of the thread to see if the poster is talking about adult education or school for younger children, so I am not addressing this towards them.

However, the discussion of vaping at a school did bring to my attention that there ARE some locations (even *I*) don't feel it would be appropriate to vap at. (I'd put church, temples, etc. in that catagory, in spite of my previous attempt at humor!)

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
Nope, would not vape in church either. We are talking adult vocational technical college here. I don't even think I would vape very much (if at all) during lecture and/lab time.....only in lecture if I was in desperate danger of falling asleep. I feel that doing so (vaping constantly during lecture) would be a distraction that our class does not need....but the odd vape now and then during lecture would certainly be welcome.

Anne

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin
Thanks for providing these links!

These are amazingly helpful!

Not sure how I feel about vaping at school. Are we talking adult school, or schools with children?

The ONE place I can think of that I wouldn't vap openly at would be schools with young children. I feel that it could, even inadvertantly, encourage young children to smoke, simply by them seeing what appears to be adults smoking/vaping.

I haven't gone back through this portion of the thread to see if the poster is talking about adult education or school for younger children, so I am not addressing this towards them.

However, the discussion of vaping at a school did bring to my attention that there ARE some locations (even *I*) don't feel it would be appropriate to vap at. (I'd put church, temples, etc. in that catagory, in spite of my previous attempt at humor!)

You're welcome.

I think the issue of vaping on a college campus isn't so much about vaping in classes, but that some colleges are banning use ANYWHERE on campus (along with smoking) - including outside. To ban use in a dorm room or common area is completely illogical and counter-productive to encouraging smokers to switch to a much safer alternative. They don't ban the use of other nicotine products, such as gums, patches, lozenges or inhalers. If they truly cared about the health of their students, they would allow vaping, which would encourage smokers to at least try vaping because it'd be more convenient, if nothing else. And we all know that the majority of smokers who didn't even intend to quit smoking end up doing so "by accident" once they get into vaping!

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Amazed at the lack of other vapers, here in Los Angeles.

I am SURE that they're out there... I guess most of them simply don't vape in public.

While I don't vape near elementary or lower grade schools, or when taking my children to the doctors office and other young children are around, I do vape most other places.

I know this has been debated, and there are certainly two sides to this and most issues, but if we don't spread the word, by VAPPING in public, I really believe e-cigs will potentially be banned by the ignorant and misinformed!

By the way, here in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, I've only had very positive feedback, and a great deal of people asking questions... haven't had ONE person complain about my public vapping, in the 10 months I've been doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread