The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

how much pg is in tfa flavorings

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Kaedinsdad, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kaedinsdad

Kaedinsdad Full Member Verified Member

hey guys and gals hope all is well.
    Just wondering and im sure its posted but i cant find it. How much pg is in TFA Flavorings that I get from wizard labs. And do I need to add that into my calculations. Right now im putting in 100% pg in the flavor section part of my app and noticing that my 20pg/80vg is still kinda runny

2. Taylor7617

Taylor7617 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wife and I are only on our 2nd order and I think she ordered direct from TFA. Comparing the two....seems wizard lab is close price but for twice the quantity. Hmmmmm. WL, $1.49 for 8ml and at TFA site is $1.40 for 4ml. Guess where we're shopping next time!

Anyway, keeping an eye on this thread, but we have assume if the ingredients state PG...then it's 100%. If says no PG/no VG...then 0% for the calculator we are using.

Subject to change our approach if someone with much more experience then me chimes in here....

3. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Assume it is all PG.

You don't subtract the volume the mass of nicotine out of your PG/VG solution of nicotine, which is much easier to track down...and each flavoring will be different from each manufacturer.

4. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    That's the way I always approach it also.

5. SouthernBliss

SouthernBliss Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2013
    Athens, Ga, USA
    There is something wrong there if you have a runny mix at 80% vg. Even with 50/50 and 15% flavor I need to add some distilled water or it is too thick. Is your VG fairly runny or are you adding a really high percent of flavoring?

6. eikon

eikon slave to the comma Verified Member ECF Veteran

what flavor are you using? many flavors are not pg based they are alcohol based.

7. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    USA
    If I cross over the 60% VG threshold, I need to cut the VG with distilled water or else it gets too thick. 80% VG should be extremely thick, so as Southerbliss mentioned, I would question the viscosity of your VG itself. Treating all flavors that contain PG and don't contain VG as 100% PG in the calculator is the way I do it too. I'm quite certain its close to 100% PG anyway, as the flavor molecules are used in the ppm I would assume.

8. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    on TFA's site they will tell you the carrier liquid. for small batches wiz is pretty cheap. as soon as you want bulk the price is better at TFA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.