The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How Much Squeezin'?

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Vapemesilly, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    My first squonk mod was the Wraith POS. It worked but it was really clunky. Anyway, I only had to squeeze the bottle a little to get liquid into the RDA.

I just got a HCigar Aurora. I have to squeeze the bottle really hard to get liquid into the RDA. Is this normal?

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    A lot Depends on what the Squonk Bottle is made out of.

A Thick PE Bottle can need a Squeeze similar to pushing a Thumbtack into Wood. Whereas a Thin Silicone Bottle might only need a Feather Touch else it will Over-Squonk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Thanks for the response. I don't know what material the bottle is made of. It takes no effort to squeeze it...not like pushing a thumbtack. It's pretty soft. It's just that the liquid doesn't go up into the RDA unless i squeeze the heck out of it. Seems odd to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If the Bottle doesn't seem to be the Problem, then what about the Tubing or the Feed Tube itself?

Try Gently pushing a straightened out Paperclip down the Feed Hole in the 510 connector to check for obstructions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    The Aurora definitely has a silicone bottle.I haven't touched mine in several months,so i can't remember for sure,but pull the bottle out,put your finger over the hole in the tube,and squeeze the bottle a tiny bit.I think that was the bottle i noticed a lot of air coming out of the cap.I think that may be why i haven't used that mod in such a long time.

• Like Like x 3
  6. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    Is the bottle half full when you " squeeze the heck out of it"?

I would cover the 510 on the Aurora with my thumb and squeeze the bottle and checks for leaks

• Like Like x 3
  7. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice PlusOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    @Vapemesilly ... additional things to check.
    tube.jpg

Also you can have difficulty if your wick is blocking the squonk hole in your RDA.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That is a Good Suggestion.

Because a Flat-Bottomed Tube can case All Kinds of Problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Actually...yes, half full. It's only a 7 ml bottle but I don't vape a ton and I like to change flavors a lot so I haven't been filling it.

I will check the cap and the bottom of the tube. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.