How often do you crave a cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
It's very good :) I am slowly getting there, I've got down from a 40/60 cigarette daily habit to just a cigarette after meals.
I quitted a couple of years ago but a stressful situation got me smoking, however I am a lot calmer now so soon enough I will be vaping full time again! Cigarettes has been a big part of my life an my strongest addiction, so it's not easy but I love vaping so much. Will get there.

gambit4king

Sep 13, 2014
florida
They have since reply to me. they gave me a stimulus package code. For those who know what a stimulus package code is it's a random winner every hour to get a bottle of juice for a penny. So I got a bottle of juice for a penny for complaining and one the stimulus package code. At first they didn't have any customer service but I can say honestly now that they do. I'm not saying that every bottle is Tainted and has more nicotine. And I know that these things happen some guy dripping nicotine in looks away whatever the case may be. But he should have thrown it out. This is why the FDA is going after these companies because quality control is not intact. This is not a horrible company they just gave me one horrible first experience. Everyone can make their own decision and taste can always be subjective. But I suggest everyone to go DIY if you've done the research like you've done about e-cigs coils, wicking, mods and cheap e-juice, then you'll be in the right situation to start making juice for yourself. You think buying online from cheap sites is cheap try doing yourself. Bull City and wizard labs has everything you need to get started and guess what it may not be the way that you want it but that doesn't mean that you can't make it the way that you like it. I say that because brokedickcom is the company that cause me to go DIY. Vape on. Smoke kills and vape saves. Peace and love.

gambit4king

Sep 13, 2014
florida
Was 6mg listed on the bottle?
Yes. It was. I been vaping 5 years. It causes nausea. They have since replied. Gave me a stimulus package code. If you are familiar with them you will know that this is a random winning lottery that they offer. What a sham I guess I took a winning code from someone who won that hour because I complained about their juice having too much nicotine.

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
I'm only a week in (this attempt!) but I've only been having 2-3 cigs per day.

Today was a big test - it was the first day I've really "rejoined civilisation." I've not been drinking all week either because I knew that would make me want to smoke. I've basically hidden away - vaping, reading forums and watching YouTube eLiquid reviews!

Anyway, decided it was time to face the world. Did the garden, mowed the lawn, managed to reward myself with a vape and not a cigarette but then decided to have a barbecue. I knew that meant big cravings trouble as that usually means pounding drinks and chain smoking.

SO...went to the local vape shop and asked for a tobacco liquid that tasted as close to a "dirty cigarette" as he could give me. Ended up with two from an Italian range called McFlavors - fitted the bill perfectly.

Had only two cigarettes all afternoon and evening. This, for me, is huge. Didn't have one after my meal either, just vaped the tobacco flavour.

Now I'm back vaping lemon sherbert, no cravings at all. I'm not pressuring myself to stop dual fuelling in a hurry but I really think and hope this is going to stick this time around...

Reading this thread is helping!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

Today was a big test - it was the first day I've really "rejoined civilisation." I've not been drinking all week either because I knew that would make me want to smoke. I've basically hidden away - vaping, reading forums and watching YouTube eLiquid reviews!

Anyway, decided it was time to face the world. Did the garden, mowed the lawn, managed to reward myself with a vape and not a cigarette but then decided to have a barbecue. I knew that meant big cravings trouble as that usually means pounding drinks and chain smoking.

SO...went to the local vape shop and asked for a tobacco liquid that tasted as close to a "dirty cigarette" as he could give me. Ended up with two from an Italian range called McFlavors - fitted the bill perfectly.

Had only two cigarettes all afternoon and evening. This, for me, is huge. Didn't have one after my meal either, just vaped the tobacco flavour.

Now I'm back vaping lemon sherbert, no cravings at all. I'm not pressuring myself to stop dual fuelling in a hurry but I really think and hope this is going to stick this time around...

Congrats! Yes, baby steps are often what gets us to our goal. I wish you the best of luck![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I first started vaping in 2009, but due to really bad hardware in those early days, combined with a 32+ year analog addiction, I constantly craved a smoke. It wasn't until the Ego-T came along that I successfully made the transition to vaping (September 25, 2011), and I required 24mg eliquid to do it. I haven't had a real craving since then. I still vape, but the nic level is way down. I DIY @ 4 to 6 mg nic, but also have a 'standby' tobacco flavor at 10 mg nic. If I go to a bar with friends, I up the nic.

Strange though, this year I've had several dreams about smoking. I could 'feel' it til I woke up. Still didn't have a craving or desire to light up afterwards, but those dreams have me puzzled.

Hang in there, because it WILL get better...and up the nic if you need to.

Final thought: I had to go in the hospital for a few days back in 2014. Never even thought about vaping while I was there, and ZERO withdrawal symptoms. If I wanted to quit vaping now, I know I could...but I still like it. :)

Good luck!

I had a dream about smoking last night!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Took me 3 months to give up my morning "wake up" cig. You'll get there in your own time. Be proud you've come so far. I smoked 46 years & am still proud of myself. So hard to give them up!

I used to love my morning cig!

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Congratulations!

Reactions: ChelsB

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I had a dream about smoking last night!

You'll stop eventually I think.. I don't think of smoking at all. Haven't in a very long time. But I quit around a smoker, and did everything the way I did so that the smell of smoke wasn't a trigger any more.. when I got to a certain point, I just stopped wanting one!

Hopefully you'll get there soon!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
You'll stop eventually I think.. I don't think of smoking at all. Haven't in a very long time. But I quit around a smoker, and did everything the way I did so that the smell of smoke wasn't a trigger any more.. when I got to a certain point, I just stopped wanting one!

Hopefully you'll get there soon!

That's great! It hasn't even been a year that I've been vaping. After 25 years of smoking it's bound to take a while to get it fully out of my mind

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's great! It hasn't even been a year that I've been vaping. After 25 years of smoking it's bound to take a while to get it fully out of my mind

I smoked for 32 years.. and my husband smokes/smoked in the house, around me, in bed with me, the entire time I was quitting.. in the beginning it was maddening! Nothing like trying to quit a 32 year habit and be curled up in the arms of someone who is sitting there smoking.. lol.

But, as you said.. just takes time!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I smoked for 32 years.. and my husband smokes/smoked in the house, around me, in bed with me, the entire time I was quitting.. in the beginning it was maddening! Nothing like trying to quit a 32 year habit and be curled up in the arms of someone who is sitting there smoking.. lol.

But, as you said.. just takes time!

Wow!!! Talk about difficult! My hub smoked until 2 weeks ago but never in the house. I really feel for you! Good job!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Wow!!! Talk about difficult! My hub smoked until 2 weeks ago but never in the house. I really feel for you! Good job!

In a way, while it was so very hard to quit that way, it made the later stages of quitting easier.. like you for instance, your a year away from quitting and still thinking of smoking.. I think it only took me about 6 months to get over thinking about smoking as I had to throw all my addictive thoughts into vaping just to quit.. now, all my cravings and dreams are for cinnamon roll flavored e juice.. hahaha.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I never crave a cig anymore. Um no that's actually a little false to be honest. When I'm chilling with my buddy who is trying to quit smoking and he has been vaping for a while, certain scenarios make me crave his cigarettes so I can grab the whole pack if I'm quick enough and crush them:)

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Its been 5 years for me and the thought of smoking never enters my mind! Smoked for over 20 years but can't remember what they taste like. It also helps when I work the tobacco stand at work and watch people spend 6 to 7 dollars a pack for cigs! I DIY almost everything and it costs me like 50 dollars a year to vape. That the cost for my PG and VG and nic and things I need for coils.

I only vape unflavored now and don't vape near as much as I used to. You get where you don't even crave it that much. I just like the act of it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I recently started smoking again, & only today am I trying to quit again. At one point I did three years off the cigarettes but then a few things stressed me up an I ended up starting again!
Best of luck! Sorry about the stress!

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Im very late to this but in no way fancied cigs since I made the switch.
I began dual as many do and gradually (maybe close to a month?) the cigarettes were not satisfying me because I was already topped up on nic. All that was left was the flavour and an empty hole in my pocket where cash used to sit :(

Now I spend all my money on shiny vape gear :thumbs:

Easier for me though as only a decade of smokes under my belt.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Im very late to this but in no way fancied cigs since I made the switch.
I began dual as many do and gradually (maybe close to a month?) the cigarettes were not satisfying me because I was already topped up on nic. All that was left was the flavour and an empty hole in my pocket where cash used to sit :(

Now I spend all my money on shiny vape gear :thumbs:

Easier for me though as only a decade of smokes under my belt.

There is no early or late! I'm guilty of justifying every purchase saying in only costs _ # of packs! I am not a very fancy vaper, so that's usually 2-3 packs!

Reactions: Zutankhamun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread