How to enjoy vaping outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldtrump69

Apr 9, 2016
I've been a fan of smoking in the house... Which I can't do, but it always has felt natural and the same with vaping...
But while vaping indoors, the smell and secondhand vape almost killed my grandmother...
Yea... I don't know how, she was saying her lungs were hurting she couldn't breath and crying and saying shes going to die from the smell of the vape...
Don't know how VG can hurt someone like that , she made it sound like she was dieing of lung cancer but 5x worse...
Anyways... So I'm not allowed to vape in the house because somehow it's toxic to her health..
And I really don't know how to enjoy vaping outdoors.. I mean, you vape and the wind just blows all your vapor away instantly so you don't really know if you got a good hit...

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
If all you are worried about are seeing the clouds, then move to the garage. I vape outside all the time, but vaping to me is about the nicotine, not the clouds, being cool tricking O's or jellyfish. Greatest thing the military taught me, adapt, overcome, and compensate, in other words think outside the box surrounding your head. Stinks getting kicked out to the porch, but many old time vapers enjoy kicking it on the porch with a nice cool beverage, and enjoying a flavorful satisfying vape...

Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Four

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Sadly I just bought this vape was like70 bucks , and like 60 bucks of ejuice... But I think I'm going to just throw it all in trash and give up vaping :(... I just can't enjoy going outside and doing it... I usually vape while sitting at computer so that I can watch movies and stuff and enjoy it more..

Well, I feel you there. My significant other is allergic to any and all fragrances, so my flavored juices I vape away from the house or out on the porch. In the house I vape on unflavored in my Kayfuns at higher nic, my computer room is fortunately I can close it off from the rest of the house, so I am not chucking clouds in the house either, as I said I vape for nicotine mainly, clouding and such is only secondary next to nic and when I get a wild hair doing some fancy coil build.

Reactions: defdock

Donaldtrump69

Apr 9, 2016
Yea :/... I don't really have a door or anything.. So you can probably enjoy vaping while doing fun things on the computer, and it kind of enhances the expierence... That's kind of why I bought the vape in the first place...
I also vape every 5-10 minutes so I would have to be going in and out of the house every 5 minutues to take a few tokes... That would be ridiculous . :( . I would vape out of my window but some still might stay in house..

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
i mean you could just go to local vape lounge and chill there

or a hookah lounge with friends and you vape there...anywhere where wind isn't strong would work...even your car...just roll the window down slightly to vent it out...your home shouldn't be the ONLY place you can vape at since there isn't wind there...

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Greatest thing the military taught me, adapt, overcome, and compensate

I love this, and will carry you thru life with aplomb. I learned the same thing but just from "living" and having a lot of obstacles to overcome and cuz I'm old now and have had a lot of practice. :)

the old story about I had no shoes then I met a man who had no feet thing.

I've met vapers who can barely afford vape gear or eliquid (lost jobs or had medical bills) and they are happy to just be off the cigs and vaping at all.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Sadly I just bought this vape was like70 bucks , and like 60 bucks of ejuice... But I think I'm going to just throw it all in trash and give up vaping :(... I just can't enjoy going outside and doing it... I usually vape while sitting at computer so that I can watch movies and stuff and enjoy it more..

You can bring your computer to porch, if you have one, sit outside and compute (that's what I do now that weather is nice). :)

Just try vaping outside and see if you won't get used to it before giving up.

I understand what you're saying but you can't vape inside so you just have to accept that and move forward.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Long story short, it isn't how you vape, it's that you vape, if you're only in it for the clouds and not the health benefits of switching from smoking to vaping it really is up to you, I'm not going to shame you away from smoking but I will say vaping is much better for you, maybe it's time to start flavor chasing instead of cloud chasing?

How do you know if you get a good hit? You feel the nicotine buzz...

Vaping while standing vs sitting are two very different things, maybe get a chair for outside?

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    They may have to care for their grandmother, though.

OP is there anyway you can stealth vape? Is it the clouds you are after or the nicotine? If you need the nicotine try a higher pg juice and take a hit, hold it in for a sec, then slowly release towards the floor. Or into your shirt.

If you are just after the clouds, then I guess you could just go outside even if ya hate to.

I hope you find a way to keep vaping. Cheers :vapor:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Maybe the old pipesmoker's trick might be helpful for when you are banished to the great outdoors - slow draw, hold and savour the flavour in your mouth, inhale if you do or must, then trickle the vapour out through your nose.

I brought this over from pipe smoking ( which again I mainly did outdoors, albeit admittedly for the best part of 50 years) and it works for me even using unflavoured e liquid, but you probably need at least 12 -18 strength liquid for it to work...and for me not the smooth nic liquid base, but a peppery one that prickles your nose.

Reactions: Nikea Tiber

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Sidetracking here but I find it less pleasant to exhale out your nostrils when vaping then it is smoking. All that vapor gunks up in my nose...

Ah! Don't get that - it must have been all the pipe tobacco that went down mine that fixed it if I ever had it! Good luck whatever!

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
    Your grandmother is most possibly imagining things. But it's her house, you don't live there and you won't be able to change her mind. Plus, it's a fact she may not like some smells and they will make her believe it's toxic.
    So, vape outside. I know it's annoying, especially when you know there's no second hand vape. But a good vape doesn't really depend on huge clouds.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    Yea :/... I don't really have a door or anything.. So you can probably enjoy vaping while doing fun things on the computer, and it kind of enhances the expierence... That's kind of why I bought the vape in the first place...
    I also vape every 5-10 minutes so I would have to be going in and out of the house every 5 minutues to take a few tokes... That would be ridiculous . :( . I would vape out of my window but some still might stay in house..

You don't have a door in your bedroom ?

Reactions: beckdg

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
    Jul 21, 2015
    Maybe the old pipesmoker's trick might be helpful for when you are banished to the great outdoors - slow draw, hold and savour the flavour in your mouth, inhale if you do or must, then trickle the vapour out through your nose.

I brought this over from pipe smoking ( which again I mainly did outdoors, albeit admittedly for the best part of 50 years) and it works for me even using unflavoured e liquid, but you probably need at least 12 -18 strength liquid for it to work...and for me not the smooth nic liquid base, but a peppery one that prickles your nose.

I used to smoke pipe and letting the smoke hang in your mouth and trickle out as you inhale slightly through your nose brings out so many more flavors.
    My poor neglected briar.

You don't have a door in your bedroom ?

You've never encountered removal of privacy as a punishment before?

To the OP
    I vape to get nicotine; the nicotine rapidly crosses my blood-brain barrier, removing my craving for nicotine. This tells me I got a good hit.
    If there is an absence of this, I wonder about your motives, because like a lot of other people on this forum, I don't really understand blowing clouds just to blow clouds (though I also like blowing clouds, nicotine comes first). If you just love the clouds, shouldn't you like releasing them into their natural environment?
    Whichever comes first, if you really like to vape, you can adapt. Go to the leeward side of the house, it cuts down on the breeze, there are probably places all around that provide a good windbreak.

Reactions: mauricem00
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread