The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to mix VG & juice vid

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by ritalee76, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ritalee76

ritalee76 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
  2. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Rita--very well done video--nice presentation--the effort is appreciated!!--Thanks-Sun

3. 666JackTheKnife666

666JackTheKnife666 Full Member

Feb 18, 2009
  4. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Fantastic work, well done! You are a natural :)

5. Kitabz

Kitabz Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    UK
    Fantastic video, thank you so much; I'm awaiting my order or LorAnn flavours and 36mg juice from TW-EL as we speak. Picked up a syringe at the pharmacy today.

As an aside, I feel like a total junkie with all the e-cig paraphernalia in my possession now-a-days. One pack of cigs and a lighter were much more straightforward (albeit less fun and arguably less addictive, ironically).

6. abeybabey

abeybabey Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    USA
    Thank you very much for this video! After seeing how easy that is I ran out to a Michael's craft store and got some glycerine. I'm having fun trying to find the right mixture for me. Thumbs up! :D

7. starman

starman Full Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Hanford, Ca
    That was so cool. That video helped me out alot.
    I am currently using totally wicked 36mg tobacco flavor. I am vaping it straight. I am hoping that the vg will reduce the harshness.
    My only question is if the vg is thicker, will that effect the way the liquid preforms in the cart. ( i prefer not to drip) I like loading my carts and using them for a few hours.

8. ritalee76

Feb 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I do fill my carts but top up and drip as well so I'm not the best at saying either way.

As far as the thickness of the e-liquid, its seems a *bit* thicker once the glycerin is mixed in but not too much.

Hope that helps!

Rita

9. starman

starman Full Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Hanford, Ca
    Thanks .
    sounds like I just need to try it and see if it works for me.
    Thats what it is all about, figuring out what works for you.
    any way thank you for the help.

10. MARK4567

MARK4567 Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Really nice vid rita
    you could also cut back slightly on the VG and add a couple of drops of distilled water or alcohol. I personally use 160 proof vodka to thin with,as it adds a throat hit to the mix.

11. mizmare

mizmare Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
    St Paul, MN US
    very helpful... I'm off to mix now. ;)

12. Venatrix Avia

Venatrix Avia Full Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Portland, OR USA
    This was really helpful. Thanks!

One quick question -- did your syringe come with that little bulbous stopper thingie, or did you make it yourself? And if it did come with it, could you let me know where you got it? I have a couple of needleless syringes on hand (I use them for medicating my cat), but they have no stoppers, and I've found that they leak all over the place when I try to use them for mixing fluids. Thanks.

13. ritalee76

Feb 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
  14. Wildsky

Wildsky Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
  15. Venatrix Avia

Venatrix Avia Full Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Portland, OR USA
    Ah, I guess the trick was to look for human medical syringes, rather than the veterinary kind! Now that I think about it, I'd much rather use those for the cat, too. I can't count the number of times I've gotten cat medicine all over everything I'm wearing while trying to dose the little monster when she's Not In The Mood To Take Her Medicine. Very helpful, thanks again!

16. ritalee76

Feb 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LOL I can't imagine trying to dose a cat... You are very brave :D

17. rsngfrce

rsngfrce Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    After watching Ritalee's video, I got one like this at Long's Drugs (west coast chain soon to be swallowed by CVS). I think they should be pretty easy to find at a drug store, they are used to measure baby medicine... avoid the shipping cost!

18. bronson

bronson Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2009
    Nebraska, U.S.A.
    very informitive. newbe and learning

19. Momof3

Momof3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
    Midwest, USA
    You can also get the syringe with the stopper at Dollar General for $1 either with the medicine or baby stuff.

20. Bitteryouth79

Bitteryouth79 Full Member

May 2, 2009
    Cali
    Thanks for the trick miss ritalee76:)

I was wondering about the amount of flavor you are using in your mixture, it seems like a lot for such a small amount of liquid.

Have you tried using less.....does it still taste good?

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.