How to mix VG & juice vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofo2

Mar 19, 2009
St. Louis, Missouri
Thanks Rita, you made me realize I have been throwing away something very useful. Any of you ladies who are on the Wiley Protocol, the syringes we use for our P &E can be used to mix these things with, they are almost identical! anyway, I just bought 10 bottles of 36 mg. unflavored nic juice from Johnson Creek. Obviously I need to add flavor. This is my first post in DIY lquid, so if anybody seees this and knows a good place to point me for mixes with no flavor to start with, that would be great. I may stumble across some as I read. Thanks.

spritesdebt

May 24, 2009
Please Help.. Brand New User in need of Help, Advice and Expertise.

please feel free to post to the forum or to me privately as to not tie up the forum. thanks in advance to everyone.

dear smokey jo & anyone else reading this post.

i am brand new to the forum and i just placed my first order for a strater kit and a fairly large order for 36 mg e-liquid bottles from eastmall. my order should be arriving later this week.

this is also my first time writing to the forum. i'm not exactly sure of the best way to use the forum, and i couldn't find a thread that addresses us 'newcomers'. so i'll start the best way i can. here are my questions and/or requests.

1. i read here that some users dilute their e-liquid with glycerin. do you know which is the correct glycerin product used for dilution. i have seen laxative type glycerin in suppository form (i'm sure that's not it), and i found 4 oz bottle labeled as "glycerin - USP Emollient - For external use only", which seems to be for dry skin. it has a warning that it should not be ingested, so i assume this is also not correct. and is what i read even a wise thing to do?

i have read some of the other threads titles that i'm sure will help in other ways, which i will start educating myself promptly. is there anywhere on the forum that is specifically geared toward the brand new user? is there a booklet or starters advice document that can be printed. I guess i just want to hit the ground running as soon as everthing arrives so i don't have to suck on these poison sticks a minute longer than necessary, while i have to get up to speed.

i'm not even sure which button i click to get this message out there. 'quick reply' or 'go advanced'. oh well here goes.

thanks for your time. spritesdebt

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
just to let everyone know their is a difference in alot of the glycerins edible veg glycerin so far seems to be the most safe ,adds good smoke

Hey hey my dear new fellow members, this is the dark side of the moon if you want folks to read your posts!!

Best
C.

Try asking again here

New Members' Forum - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Other useful places to look:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-new-user.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...dels-here.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ro-vaping.html

Has anyone cut with half PG and half VG?
Yes, that's how I make my base. 50% 36mg unflavored juice, 25% PG, and 25% VG. That leaves me with a batch of 18mg unflavored, to which I add my flavorings. Works great.

I am going for a no nicotine liquid, can I just add PG or VG and the flavoring and vape that?

Absolutely! If you don't want the nicotine, then you don't need the e-juice at all: it's basically just nicotine and PG. It's just there to feed the addiction, is all. You will want to use a much lower percentage of VG than you would if you were mixing it with e-juice, however: glycerine is extremely viscous, much thicker than PG.

And yes, the water does need to be distilled. Using tap water is just begging for a whole lot of nasty bacteria to grow in your juice.

bmamo

May 19, 2009
Yes, that's how I make my base. 50% 36mg unflavored juice, 25% PG, and 25% VG. That leaves me with a batch of 18mg unflavored, to which I add my flavorings. Works great.

Absolutely! If you don't want the nicotine, then you don't need the e-juice at all: it's basically just nicotine and PG. It's just there to feed the addiction, is all. You will want to use a much lower percentage of VG than you would if you were mixing it with e-juice, however: glycerine is extremely viscous, much thicker than PG.

And yes, the water does need to be distilled. Using tap water is just begging for a whole lot of nasty bacteria to grow in your juice.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
So if i dont want nicotine i can just mix up vg (or pg, or both), flavourings, and distilled water and i'm ready to go? Is alcohol ever used? cause i saw it in the sheet that gives info on how to cut eliquid.

Some people like to use alcohol (Everclear, not rubbing alcohol!) instead of distilled water to thin out the glycerine. I don't really know what the difference is, since I don't use either one. The water and/or alcohol is really just to thin out the VG, which is much too thick and gloppy to use on its own. If you make a mix heavier on the PG than the VG, though, then you don't need to thin it out any further.

If you made a mixture of about 75% PG to 25% VG, then that would be fine on its own - you wouldn't need to add anything else to it to get a good consistency. Just add some flavoring to it, and you'll be ready to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread