How to post link to YouTube video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I tried everything I can, looked in every menu, and even tried a few things I'm not sure are strictly legal, but I can't seem to post a link to a YouTube video!

I first tried the "Link' icon and pasted the url into the text box. It looked like it worked, but when I posted, it had become an embedded video. I tried several variations, but it always changes it to 'Media.'

I tried pasting the link without any formatting. Again, it posted as an embedded video.

I tried 'Remove Formatting' and 'BB Code Editor' to no avail -- even if it looks right in the textbox, it converts it when posting.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it really simple, and I'm just being thick?
Help!!!!

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Try this-> Copy the URL of the video you want to link>Type word or words in the reply box that you want to use for the link(my example will be "Heart of Glass Video for FantWriter")>Highlight word or words you just typed>click on "Link" button>Paste video URL into popup box> Click "Insert". That's it, though probably best to preview just to make sure.

Example> Heart of Glass Video for FantWriter

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I'm afraid I can't see the distinction between "How to: Add images/Video" and "How to upload a photo"(which are firmly ensconced on 'How To' board) and "How to post link to YouTube Video," but I guess it doesn't matter now.

Also, I wish to assure you I would never post NSFW material on this site. My concern was that embedding a video is often inappropriate in discussion threads because it is garish, brutish in context of pages of well-ordered text. I wish to present users the option of viewing the video, not slapping it in their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread