Status
Not open for further replies.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I used to get pretty bad vaper's tongue until I realized I wasn't drinking nearly enough water.
Start mainlining water if U are chain vaping....and like anything mind over matter...downshift if ya find yourself firing up all the time and drink some water instead..

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
Hmmmm... The "don't keep the PV at your side all the time" suggestion has a lot of merit. Y'know, I stopped smoking in my house years ago EXCEPT for the bathroom. When I wanted a smoke, I'd go in there, turn on the vent fan and enjoy - or if the weather was nice enough I'd go outside and smoke one on the stoop. In other words, I had to stop what I was doing and go to a "designated area" if I wanted a cigarette. I could apply the same routine to vaping but I LOVE the still-novel experience of sitting in my cozy chair and reading or watching TV while I vape with no worries of stinking up the living room, not to mention being able to vape in my workplace without having to go outside. Ahhh, discipline is HARD! ;)

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
Especially when vaping doesn't taste like burning death. Mmmmm candy...
Hmmmm... The "don't keep the PV at your side all the time" suggestion has a lot of merit. Y'know, I stopped smoking in my house years ago EXCEPT for the bathroom. When I wanted a smoke, I'd go in there, turn on the vent fan and enjoy - or if the weather was nice enough I'd go outside and smoke one on the stoop. In other words, I had to stop what I was doing and go to a "designated area" if I wanted a cigarette. I could apply the same routine to vaping but I LOVE the still-novel experience of sitting in my cozy chair and reading or watching TV while I vape with no worries of stinking up the living room, not to mention being able to vape in my workplace without having to go outside. Ahhh, discipline is HARD! ;)

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
It'll be one month this Friday since my last cigarette.

It will slow down. I chain vape for about 15 minutes at a time then no vaping for an hour or two I use to vape about 5 ml a day now about 3 ml a day. I started off at 18 mg now 6 mg. Each time I reduce the mg, my vaping increases for about 2-4 weeks, back up to 5 ml per day.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Chain vaping isn't a PROBLEM per se, I guess I just imagined I'd take a "vape break" every hour or so instead of puffing on the thing all day long. Plus, I'm burning through the juice pretty fast, about 7ml per day presently.

In my experience, people level off over time. And I guess I don't see the point in putting effort into stopping "chain vaping". Seems to me the more important thing to stop is that "smoking" stuff.

But, as always... YMMV?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
If the nicotine is too low, I vape too much. If you don't care about that, it isn't a problem. I don't want to vape constantly so I vape higher nicotine.

Everyone has different vape habits as well. It's nothing I ever put any thought in and it's pretty unconscious on my part, but I vape like I smoked. I don't have my pv with me at all times, mostly because I misplace it if I do. I have it on the desk or table and I go vape a bit and walk away.

I love vaping, and I'm not smoking so I'm happy.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Yeah I'm doing the same thing. Yesterday for the first time, I went through two eGo 650 mAh batteries in a single day. I think some of it has to do with using the Artemas tank which probably uses more battery power, but still. Been five weeks for me, probably vaping a bit much but it's enjoyable and accessible. Almost have to tell myself not to vape at this point knowing I have all the nicotine I need.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
yeah, I tried the "use the ultralights to quit"....:facepalm:
Lemme tell you how well THAT worked...hahaha

I found that using the lower nic liquids that I do vape more, and if I'm just chilling around the house, I use my 6mg and don't think twice about chain vaping... if I'm out and about, I usually have one my ADV's that I DIY'd at the 12mg for more punch. I've found that the higher throat hit and burn DO help me to vape less at least... and I suppose I am getting near to the same amount of nicotine either way (heck, I'm probably getting more when I'm in chill mode?)

I was kinda thinking I was the only one lol. I work from home, and unlike cigs, I vape in my house, so I'm pretty much constantly vaping. But I love it so much. It costs me lots of dough, tho.....but It also takes the place of snacks as well as smokes for me! Tastes great, less filling. I really don't have any plans to cut down tho. Why should I? :h

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Given how dangerous to your health smoking is, can't see that "chain vaping" amounts to much of anything. Unless you're making yourself sick with too much nic. But then you just need to lower your nicotine level. I dropped all the way to 6mg despite having been a heavy smoker. But I like my vape. And I vape a lot. Still better than chain smoking. Did that too at times under stress.

If it's costly, the thing I did was go nab some Mount Baker plain nic juice, some of their flavors, a few cheap dropper bottles, some hypos (you know, the things they give you shots with but without the needles) to measure with, and mix the basics myself. I'm no expert of course but basic stuff like a blueberry or banana or root beer flavor are really easy. Also, cheap. I figured it up and I run about 18 cents a ml verses the 62 cents I was paying with Johnson Creek (I do like some of their stuff but they ain't cheap).

To do the nicer, more complex "recipes" takes some skill and practice and all but basic flavors? Dead simple. Squirt some flavor in the bottle, fill with nic juice, shake like a maniac. Yeah, steeping at least overnight is probably better but I find it's not really all that necessary for simple mixes.

(And looks like I can cut the price even further. Wizard Labs looks to have a liter of juice for about the same price as MBV has for 236ml)

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Hey, thanks for the link to Mt. Baker. Even their ready-made juices are very affordable and I like that they're US-made. I'll have to read up on them.

I have quickly found some favorites from them. They also throw in a free 15 ml bottle when you spend $15. You can ask for a specific flavor in the comments section when you place your order. I asked for a Hawk Sauce because I had heard so many good things about it.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Hey, I'm really glad to be off tobacco but this is gettin' kinda ridiculous. I used to smoke a cigarette every hour or so but now I'm like a hungry baby on a teat, vaping almost constantly. I don't know if it's because I need to vape a lot more than I smoked to feel satisfied, if it's the novelty factor or if it's just because I like it so much.

I lowered the nicotine level in my juice (except for my first vape of the morning) but I think that might just be encouraging me.

Duct Tape......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread