How to stop chain-vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I have quickly found some favorites from them. They also throw in a free 15 ml bottle when you spend $15. You can ask for a specific flavor in the comments section when you place your order. I asked for a Hawk Sauce because I had heard so many good things about it.

I'm browsing their selection now. Holy crap, I don't know where to start. So many flavors!

VaporClouds

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Bethel Island, CA
I am chain vaping as well, when i can of course. But even in my car on my way to work or school i chain vape. And the people in traffic look at me like im mad lol because theres constant fog in my car with the windows up. You know ive never really thought of it as much of a problem though, besides having to charge both my 650 mah and 900 mah egos twice a day each.

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
I'm browsing their selection now. Holy crap, I don't know where to start. So many flavors!

Ha! I went through the same thing. Go for something you might like. I love peach and apple candy so I got double apple and peach. With a few extra flavor shots. The peach didn't need to steep at all IMHO. Double apple needed a few days of being left open and good shake each day.

metamorpheus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
AZ
Its only been a couple weeks, but I mainly just chain vape at night. I found that I don't really get a buzz from the nicotine unless it feels like my throat is being kicked closed. When I chain vape I get almost no throat hit and little buzz. During the day I try to space it out an hour and if I don't feel the throat hit I figure it's a waste of juice. When you space it, it gives you way more of a buzz. It helps to be active during the day because when I'm just of laying by the computer with it in arms reach I tend to chain vape.

Deb6orah

Moved On
Jul 25, 2013
CA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Spam

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
When I have a vape that gives great throat hit, the kind I like, I am more satisfied. I take a little longer vape break and my brain GOT it. Because I snus and snuff and vape I get plenty of what is needed but I WANT throat hit. I understand it even though I guess I don't really have to. I guess I'm always saying its kinda like that grab your throat feeling of a icey cold soda. Like scratching a "non itch" Whatever, my brain connects to it and I vape more in frustration when it's not happening right. I think I'm getting a little tolerance building up because some days even my usual good throat DIY is not performing that day! A new complication. I too want to vape less. They say the best spice is hunger. I'd like to wait so the experience is appreciated again rather than vaping in frustration mode. Don't get me wrong. Vaping in frustration mode is a lot better than the idea of never vaping at all! OR smoking

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I could be wrong about this but I think we all go through a period of chain vaping from time to time.:vapor:

Probably so. The topic comes up all the time here at ECF. I see it go by pretty regularly. And you see lots of long time vapers react with a shrug and a, "yeah, and?" :)

I have to wonder if part of it isn't because vaping is new to us when we switch and we notice our use more. I doubt very much any of us were in the habit of counting our cigarettes and measuring the rate of use and such things. We just smoked. Switching to vaping disrupts old habits and you have to pay attention. At least for a while.

Thinking about it, I can't honestly tell you how my vaping "compares" to my smoking. Because when I think about it, I don't remember the smoking in great detail. It was such a habitual thing, so second nature, it just sort of... happened. My "gut feeling" is that my vaping is now roughly equivalent to my smoking habits. It "feels" like I'm reaching for the PV about as much as I did the cigarette while I'm typing this post. But, you know, I didn't video myself smoking so I could compare and contrast or anything like that. :)

The other thing that occurs to me at least is whether there actually is such a thing as "chain vaping". Vaping is a whole different critter than smoking in terms of the nicotine absorption and there aren't yet many studies on what's equivalent to what. Some companies advertise "equivalent to a pack" or some such but they're guessing. You'd have to run studies with blood tests and all. They haven't done that. They just what's equivalent to what based maybe on what a few people at the company said seemed right ("I used to smoke X packs a day and now use Y cartos a day"... something like that I'll bet... or they're just flat making it up).

As I understand the whole nicotine addiction thing, we get used to having some level of nicotine circulating in our blood streams. When that level gets low, we get "cravings" (the infamous "nicotine fit" and such). We unconsciously regulate that level by smoking (dipping, chewing, hooka...ing?, whatever and I bet I misspelled that anyway).

Nicotine absorption in vaping is very different from that of smoking in particular since the absorption in smoking is via the lungs (which is a very rapid way of getting something into the blood stream) but vaping is via the mouth and nasal passages (which is slower and may mean less per "puff" but I'm not certain on that). To me, it would just make sense if anybody's vaping is more frequent.

If you're trying to maintain X level of nic in your blood stream (whatever value X you're used to) and vaping absorption is slower, you're going to vape more often and more, call it, "evenly" across a period of time. Smoking rushes a big batch of nic into your blood stream (we've all felt that "ah" feeling with that first cig of the day or after some period of being unable to smoke like, oh, on a plane). It just seems to make sense to me that in vaping your habits will shift to frequent, small "doses" across a period of time to keep that nic level up since you don't get big "rushes" like in smoking.

So what would be the line between "chain vaping" and "normal vaping"? For that matter, what's "normal"? I sure dunno. Until there are more actual studies with actual measures of actually circulating nicotine, I don't know anybody knows. Yet.

That kind of leaves us stuck right now with the measure of, "Does it work for you?"

Me, I couldn't care less if I "chain" vape or "rope" vape or "thread" vape or whatever the heck. I'm just still dazed at the very idea I actually escaped smoking. I'd given up on quitting. Every single attempt was a nightmare and I always failed. If I had to attach a PV to my head with a tube like some Borg outta Star Trek and every breath is a vape, I just don't care. For the first time in actual decades, there are no cigarettes in my house. None. Not even one. That's freaking amazing in my book.

(Okay, who wound Mark up? He's pontificating again.)

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I Def Vape more then I smoked
But Once I lock down the adv's
Then I will raise nick level and push myself to vape less
but till then there is too much excitement with new flavs
So I keep nick level lower otherwise Id get nicked out too much
and get too used to higher dose
I also believe we absorb much less with vaping as Ciggs have chemicals to aid in the delivery and absorption of nicotine

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
Well, I've found that I can cut my juice consumption in half if I keep my PV on the bookshelf in my living room and stand there when I vape as opposed to sitting at my computer and suckin' on a USB pass-through while I read this forum. It also reduces the alarming tendency I've developed lately of spending long periods of time sitting on my ....

So there's my strategy for home. I'll hafta come up with another plan for work. Going outside for a "vape break" isn't too unattractive a notion at this time of year but screw that when the winter comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread