• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How was your day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I had a good day but a little depressing.
I've played the keeper of some of my mom's things.
The family lost here when she was 52---she got to hold my oldest once.
Anyway, 6 out of 9 of us kids are gathering tomorrow. Two live in Georgia and couldn't come and we have lost one.
Again, anyway, I'm boxing up a lot of mom's things to give out to the grandkids. They are all grown and have families of their own and I know that the things will be taken care of.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Well I've been on a roll lately (a bad one), and today has not been much different.
First the allergies have kicked in---the good part of this is if I wasn't vaping, I'd be using the Advair and inhaler like crazy.
I can't drive my car because son checked out the front end last weekend and there's a problem. He's picking up the parts this week and will fix it this weekend.
I had to go to this town about 15 miles from here so I took RW's car. IT BLEW A BREAKLINE!!! Now that was a fun trip home.
Son call about 6:30 and wanted to know if he could borrow his Dad's car because he has a lifter making noise.:shock: I told him about the brake problem. He got some kind of additive. Keeping fingers crossed it works to get him to work and back tomorrow. After work he is going to fix his Dad's breaks and drive it.
I'm not sure I want to wake up tomorrow.:ohmy:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Things are looking up!!!
The lifter noise in son's car stopped.
Son has got the front end of my car tore apart so it's just a matter of getting a spring thing out the hub which a friend of ours is going to do this coming week.
After that, things start getting put back together so next weekend I will have my car back.

Got the parts for RW's car and it will be a couple of hours fix but not a pain-in-the-.... one like mine.

And TG for friends who come to the rescue and take me places I need to go.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
That lifter was probable just stuck. Sometimes they collaps and can't fill back up with oil because of a little grit or shellac. That additive probably cleaned it so it could pump back up and quit ticking. My exes car has a tranny prob. I think she sheared the bolts off the torque converter. She had a 7/70 warranty but in 3 years she put 71,000 mi. on it so the warranty is nix.

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
It seems lately I'm running around telling people it's time for a reality check so I guess that makes me a realist. Especially to one friend of mine who stubbornly keeps putting on the rose colored glasses when it comes to herself and her daughter.
As in, it's okay for her to have an affair because it's her husbands fault---he drove her to it.
Her daughter is 25 years old and knows how to play mom when it comes to needing something---especially money. As an example, daughter just went out and helped live-in boyfriend buy a motorcycle then turned around and asked for money to have some dental work done.
I know, it's really none of my business, but friend keeps asking for my opinion and then gets ...... when I give it to her.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
First, the good/bad... my son got put Back into the hospital. again. after being out a week. again. The voices were getting too insistant/violent. again. He went quietly this time. He does understand that I AM trying to help, not punishing him. So that was good & bad. Good that we at home get some relief, good that he's back getting more treatment, bad that he had to go again because of the issues.
Then the wonderful... I got a phone call from someone I had not heard from in years. Someone who has always been only slightly less precious to me than my kids. Hearing that voice again, after being so long lost to me... sent me over the moon. I am so happy right now. I can feel the 2 ton weight of the depression that was crushing me beginning to lift, finally. Just took a few words of encouragement from the right person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread