• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How was your day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I slipped while climbing up a fence in a cattle chute and hit my heel on a gate hinge. It snapped in 2 places. I've been walking quite a bit today and its quite painful. i have to get back to work soon, as Ive not made any money in 6 weeks, and the world doesn't stop wanting its cash.
So I'm putting my best foot forward, as they say.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
ouch! Hope you are back on both your feet soon!
I did get the van fixed, so that is good. insomnia's been getting to me again lately, but with the melatonin, I feel like I have a fighting chance against it!
Kids' starting on new meds today, so hopefully that will help him. All I know how to do is keep going, so that's what I do.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I really hate thinking about you and your situation. Is anyone even trying to come up with a solution?

I went to the VA with RW today and saw the neuro doctor and he is giving us all the options. The only thing is, eventually RW will be told, sorry the government isn't going to pay. This is what scares me about National Health care!!!
Anyway, I told RW the first time the doc says no, he gets a referral to an outside neurosurgeon. I've told him this before but for some reason RW just won't do it. It never was this bad before so this time, if he don't, I will!!!
He is in pain, which I feel terrible about and they got him so dope up he can't do much of anything. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew there wasn't ANY OPTIONS but I believe there is. Then I don't want to see him exists from one painful moment to another.

We live in a 5 room house with 2 bathrooms on a double lot and right now I'm the only one taking care of the place. TG for son who comes and takes care of the cars. But it is telling on me. Sometimes I feel like the mule and if this mule goes down, it's game over.

The whole thing is FRUSTRATING AS HELL!!! so I know where you are coming from.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
All the people involved just kinda throw up their hands and say they can't do anything, or that it's someone else's job to do. The problem is that this child is so very deeply disturbed that the programs and procedures in place can't even begin to meet his needs. I don't want to listen to the 5 o'clock news and reporters moaning about 'the terrible tragedy' and 'how the system failed' this family before he gets any help, but it's going to come to that eventually.
I am so sorry about your awful situation too! Sometimes there are no good answers. Just take it on a little bit at a time and remember to breathe!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
exactly! At least now It's just 2 different schools to get germs from. At least I am not now working in a hospital and worrying about what was coming home with me.
This weekend has been MOST flustrating! I need to get up off my .... and make some serious life changes. I've been putting it off for far too long, and it isn't going to get easier later on. sigh...

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
hang in there JJ! I have been sitting here wasting away my brain cells and natural talent for 2 years now. Illness of mine, and then the kids, the depression, ect ect ect... have been keeping me stuck here. I have simply GOT to get back to work and figure out how to make work work out time wise. And from there, the rest of the changes will come in due course. Nothing's going to change until I get more change in my pockets!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Well the washer is back in service. It was a clogged water pump.
If you ever think about getting a front loader, DON'T get an Amana. They have no safeguards for something little getting stuck in it.
We, again, found a quarter. Yes, since the first time, we have been zealous about checking pockets, but we are human, we aren't perfect.
I guess this is THE biggest grip about the machine on the Internet.
I'm going to call them to see if they've come up with a solution for this. Hopefully they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread