How worried should I be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illyria

Jul 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Okay, I'm reading all of the posts and articles on Paypal cancellations, ebay blackouts, WHO and FDA bogusness...

How worried should I be at this point? I feel like the apocalypse is coming...like I need to stock up on atomizers, e-juice, and batteries. Will parts and juice become impossible to acquire at some point, even over the Net?

An example: I thought I had a convert in my neighbor. She's a long-time smoker. I showed her my e-cig a couple of weeks ago and she was curious, but skeptical. Last night she walked up to me and said, "Did you know that those things have more 'cancer in them' (yes, she said it just like that) than my regular cigarettes do? The FDA said so."

If this is the general consensus amongst the sheeple, aren't we doomed?

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
Hopefully more good articles will come out to balance the bad. I have stocked up. All the supplies I have bought will not go to waste.

Most of the people who have stocked up are just preparing for what could happen.

I am not a "doomsday" type person, but I like that security blanket I have now knowing no matter what happens, I will still have the supplies to vape. Smoking analogs is no option for me anymore.

nickmcdoz

Aug 5, 2009
Sounds like you need some sales.

IDK who to trust. The FDA allows poisonous cigarettes but it won't allow this. So common sense tells us these are good. On the other hand they're from China and have no regulation, and there is very little disclosure as to the ingredients. Not to mention many people report the same symptoms of short-term use and they're a lot worse than cigarette short-term use. What if they're selling this as an underground thing on purpose, what if this is population control at its finest?

:confused:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hopefully more good articles will come out to balance the bad. I have stocked up. All the supplies I have bought will not go to waste.

Most of the people who have stocked up are just preparing for what could happen.

I am not a "doomsday" type person, but I like that security blanket I have now knowing no matter what happens, I will still have the supplies to vape. Smoking analogs is no option for me anymore.

As long as someone knows they aren't going back to analogs then there is no downside in stocking up. Like you say, you will use it.

For OP:
It's just a matter of what one can afford right now. The best ploy is to get high nice juice with the idea of making it last a while by diluting it with inexpensive pg/vg unflavored no nic.

But it can happen virtually overnight. I was an MYOer (make your own cigs) and the tax on MYO tobacco went up 2500% in one day. Those who were following the legislation and knew the minds of congress, prepared. All the same things that happened with tobacco - the paypal thing, FDA posturing, junk science news stories... are happening now. If no ban or tax happens you haven't lost anything except short term savings (which you'll make up by not smoking anyway). There's no downside to stocking up now. The only thing to pay attention to is juice shelf life and keeping your atomizers well stored.

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
FDA propaganda. My neighbor said the same thing as he puffed on his analog and hacked his lung out. Then he said he would rather just quit then try an e-cig. His wife lit her analog and puffed it down with a look on her face like she felt that the FDA just said analogs were safe to smoke. A lot of smokers I know are totally anti-e-cig, and this was before the FDA BS. To each their own, we are all going to die sometime but I will at least enjoy the time I have left breathing better, not getting sick as much, smelling better(in both ways), tasting things better, feeling way better, not gagging when I brush my teeth, having whitter teeth and of course saving lots of $$. Don't worry about the bad publicity and don't panic, just puff on your e-cig and laugh to yourself when your neighbor is hacking a lung and/or picking through nasty ashtrays for shorts when she runs out. :p

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Has any customer been unable to get their e-cig supplies yet? and at a reasonable price?

When it becomes difficult for you AS A CONSUMER to get your stuff, then it would probably be prudent to buy in bulk. Let's wait and see if that actually happens before we start with the panic and hysteria.

I saw a lot of posts like yours on the MYO forums right before the tax. Fact is, it isn't "panic and hysteria" to stock up - it's quite rational. There's no downside. You're going to use the product.

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
I plan on ordering an adidtional 510 kit... some attys and some higher nic juice. I started cutting my 18 after reading and realizing that I really didn't need that strength, I need about 6. Got lots of itty bity bottles to cut some good 24 by 4. Just need to be sure I get good stuff... some of the stuff I have sampled tastes like vegetable oil... YUCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread