Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @AngeNZ If you're still wondering, my number is #1531. My understanding is that it's not a serial number but a manufacturer's line number. In other words, mine was the 1,531st to be made.

Thank you - I love logical explanations :wub:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I had too much cotton for my wick (in the coil). Swapping wicks was a breeze. @DPLongo22 if you're even thinking an inkling of getting one, think no more. Just get one :D

Yeah DPL get one!!!!!!!!! it's only the best flavour rta out there ;)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    I wouldn't go that far @AngeNZ, definitely a must have in the collection though and also is worth recommending as a starter RTA.

I do not know if it's only the best flavour RTA out there but I know it is best of dozen different RTAs I own.:)

As a starter RTA it is easy to use as long as people know how to expose filling hole or getting to the deck...:eek: that part can be hard for some ;)

There is another Todd's review (this time MTL version) and this time Todd is wicking exactly how I do... you can see wicking part at 10:20

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    @Janusz Another fine review from Todd. Thanks for posting it. I let it continue past his video and Fleetwood Mac came on with their "Beautiful Child", perfect.

Todd even mentions poor o-ring tolerances in previous Hussar atty's at around 1:10 and again around 14:50. I think that is why we see issues with the clone o-rings. If Hussar didn't get it right then certainly the clone makers didn't.

@AngeNZ , a while back you asked about a small Kayfun that would give you your Frankenvape. The KFL19 is a very small RTA. Even though it is a MTL atty you can pull a restricted DL or in your case, the Frankenvape with it. I do and it works nicely. Flavor, awesome. Quality of vape, awesome. Easy to setup, yes. Same with the Coppervape Dvarw MTL which FT also sells larger AF inserts. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    View attachment 849477
    Matches very well with the champagne squid DB
    Your X looks really sharp on the DB. I have a DB that I put one of my KFL19's on to see how long the DB would last. I got around 9 or 10 days of run time before I needed to swap batteries. Nice. For the first day or two I was starting to think something was wrong with the battery display cause it was still full. The DB is one of those mods you don't want to drop on a foot. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Wow, you think this is a good starter RTA? For an engineer maybe:p
    Bronze and I were working with a newb and got him going on a Kayfun 5 for his first RTA. The guy nailed it on his very first build and hasn't had any issues since.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @muth, yes I do. It's one RTA that you can at least get a vape of some sort with very little experience.

As the wicking which is usually the most hardest part is simplified, just trim level with deck and you're at least in the ballpark.

And I thought that a high majority of vapers were closet Engineers. Or you're forced into to becoming one over time, through necessity and obsession.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Your X looks really sharp on the DB. I have a DB that I put one of my KFL19's on to see how long the DB would last. I got around 9 or 10 days of run time before I needed to swap batteries. Nice. For the first day or two I was starting to think something was wrong with the battery display cause it was still full. The DB is one of those mods you don't want to drop on a foot. :D
    Thanks! Yes, I get incredible battery life with mine, it has really become my go to device. As a tootle puffer I'm getting about 12 +/- days on mine.
    After some more time with the Hussar, this atty is going to slide right into my rotation of Erls and Doggys. I really like this atty, and don't regret just getting the regular 2ml version. I should order some replacement tanks, and also some for my doggys. The 3 of these attys vapes slightly different, and I love them all. But hard to break my first love with the Erlkönigin. The Elf Queen and I will never part.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @muth, yes I do. It's one RTA that you can at least get a vape of some sort with very little experience.

As the wicking which is usually the most hardest part is simplified, just trim level with deck and you're at least in the ballpark.

And I thought that a high majority of vapers were closet Engineers. Or you're forced into to becoming one over time, through necessity and obsession.
    I do have to agree with you on that. In another forum, I was given the nickname muthgyver because of all the tinkering I do. I just remember back in the day switching from RDAs to RTAs and having a heck of a time. I hadn't really grasped the concept of tank pressure and it didn't help when someone suggested I take my tank to a higher altitude :lol: LMAO!

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Bronze and I were working with a newb and got him going on a Kayfun 5 for his first RTA. The guy nailed it on his very first build and hasn't had any issues since.
    I'm glad to hear that. Maybe I underestimate some but I was also taking into consideration the inconsistencies on the various Xs.....o-ring sizing, tolerances, etc. I never had firsthand help in the beginning but a newb having you and Bronze is definitely a benefit:)

And this leads me to, I'm sorry to say. I'm just plain out wondering if my X is working properly? We discussed all the variables already so I think you know where I'm at. I currently have 80VG in it and it vapes fine until.....it doesn't and I get dry hits. Either I need to REALLY thin the wick or the liquid is not flowing freely for whatever reason. I don't usually have repeated issues like this. Any thoughts?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I'm glad to hear that. Maybe I underestimate some but I was also taking into consideration the inconsistencies on the various Xs.....o-ring sizing, tolerances, etc. I never had firsthand help in the beginning but a newb having you and Bronze is definitely a benefit:)

And this leads me to, I'm sorry to say. I'm just plain out wondering if my X is working properly? We discussed all the variables already so I think you know where I'm at. I currently have 80VG in it and it vapes fine until.....it doesn't and I get dry hits. Either I need to REALLY thin the wick or the liquid is not flowing freely for whatever reason. I don't usually have repeated issues like this. Any thoughts?
    @muth perhaps your wick is too thick (volume) in the coil and choking off juice flow. Try thinning it (less volume). Tails too.

Also take a look at Todd's video, the one Janusz posted yesterday, and maybe try wicking your X like that. Todd also uses 80vg juices. He thins the :censored: out of his wick.

If you continue to have problems you can always send it to me and I'll have a look, set it up and test it out. Just a thought. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread