I’ve got a quick question for the new ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountains2528

Mar 23, 2021
I bought some novo pods from vaping.com on Friday. They have already shipped and are in my state. Their website says that it is going to require age verification but I’m not going to be home when they deliver. Plus I don’t see anything about age verification on my tracking info. Am I going to need to be home for this? Hopefully they will be delivered soon.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If a Package requires Age Verification but there is No One Home when they attempt to deliver it, the package usually will get sent back to the local Distribution Center it came from.

They will then Hold it for a Couple of Days so you came go there and Sign for it.

The Amount of Time Varies for carriers. But they should leave some kind of Form/Card on your door saying they were Unable to deliver your package. And Instructions on what to do next.

Mountains2528

Mar 23, 2021
If a Package requires Age Verification but there is No One Home when they attempt to deliver it, the package usually will get sent back to the local Distribution Center it came from.

They will then Hold it for a Couple of Days so you came go there and Sign for it.

The Amount of Time Varies for carriers. But they should leave some kind of Form/Card on your door saying they were Unable to deliver your package. And Instructions on what to do next.

Does the tracking info on the usps website indicate weather a signature is required or not?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

DallasLiza

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
I'm in a required signature state. My postman puts my vape mail in the box and leaves it anyway because I don't think he wants to be bothered getting out of his jeep. :rolleyes: A couple times I looked it up to see how he scanned and it said, "left with agent". Worst case is you just have to go pick it up at the post office within the given time frame.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I'm in a required signature state. My postman puts my vape mail in the box and leaves it anyway because I don't think he wants to be bothered getting out of his jeep. :rolleyes: A couple times I looked it up to see how he scanned and it said, "left with agent". Worst case is you just have to go pick it up at the post office within the given time frame.

I bought a $2,000 computer and was all ready and waiting for the delivery man because I knew it had signature confirmation. He left it on the doorstep, rang the bell and took off.

A week later they wouldn't deliver some $20 item that I didn't care if it got stolen or not because it had signature confirmation.

So basically... who knows lol

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Every vape gear package I've received from Europe over the last couple years said a signature was required.

DHL, FedEx and UPS never got a signature from me on any of those packages. They either left the package on my porch or handed it to me.

I just received two with signature requirements in the last week. One via DHL and the other FedEx. They handed me each package and never asked for a signature.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I bought a $2,000 computer and was all ready and waiting for the delivery man because I knew it had signature confirmation. He left it on the doorstep, rang the bell and took off.

A week later they wouldn't deliver some $20 item that I didn't care if it got stolen or not because it had signature confirmation.

So basically... who knows lol
    I ordered a pricey laptop and gave my workplace for delivery to be on the safe side, not wanting it left on the porch while I was at work. Eagerly following tracking until it showed the computer had been delivered, but me not seeing any evidence of it.
    I called the seller, who told me it had been signed for, and even gave me the name of the signer...which I did not recognize. Several days passed in puzzlement. On a hunch, I called the organization next door to my workplace and asked them if that person worked there. She did! But, she didn't bother to call me about the misdirected delivery. :-( I walked over there and collected my notebook in its identifiable shipping box. I think she was hoping it wouldn't be claimed by anyone.
    So, in my case at least, ANYONE could sign for it, legitimately or not.

Reactions: Haktuspit

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    USPS tracking should say whether or not signature service was purchased for the package. You will see it under product information in tracking page. However, I had a signature package ones that didn't state that on the tracking page. So it may be a gamble.

As I understand it, unless your state requires signature, nobody is required to ship with signature until March 27.

If you aren't home, usually the package is taken back to the post office with a notice left in your mailbox. Not sure if they will require you to pick it up or if they will attempt delivery again. The notice will tall you. Best thing to do is to have it held for pickup after you get that notice. Can probably do this on the USPS.com website. Realize you won;t be able to pick it up until the next day.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I forgot. USPS.com has a service called informed delivery. It's not available everywhere but it is in a lot of places. Check to see if it is available in your zip code and sign up for it.

You might be able to "sign" for it digitally as long as it doesn't require and adult signature. In that case, you may be able to mark it "hold for pickup".

Manage your packages.

Receive USPS Tracking® updates for incoming packages, provide delivery instructions, manage notifications, and schedule redelivery.

Reactions: aikanae1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread