I am back on vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Two weeks ago I was rewicking my rta because I wanted a change of flavour and was changing flavour every 2 days as I am using only one mod.Anyway,I am always frustrated when I wicked badly,meaning it leaked or the vape quality is not up to my usual standard.I had wicked this specific rta for hundreds over time the past 3 month as it is my first rta.I learned to wick properly after almost 30 trial...that day after I wicked,it leaked when I am about to go out to play sports with my friends.I thought my wicking had no problem before I leaves but I find that it leaked all over my bag,and I was in a very bad mood because of that...that prompted my gf to asked me to quit and I promised her that I will do it.The next day I passed all my mod to her and started to used nicotine gum,I don’t planned to quit nicotine as I find it really benefits my mental health and make me focus on work better.While using nicotine gum,I started to use lesser and lesser and then wanted completely off it as it was so boring even though I got my nicotine fix well.Yesterday I couldn’t take it anymore,somehow I convinced my gf to return my vape and promised her I will quit in the future if we got married or had babies.

In the meantime,I also ordered a new mod and now a sub ohm tank so that I don’t need to wick everytime I change flavour as I will be switching different coils on different flavour.I am excited, and hoped that this mod and tank will be able to keep me satisfied.I am addicted to vaping,not smoking and to me personally,vaping is harder to quit simply because I enjoy vaping a lot more then smoking.I love vaping,I am also worried if I had to quit someday...

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Gue Ting Xuan, I can recommend the Coppervape Hussar Project X RTA as they're very easy to build and give you a decent vape.

For flavour testing you suffer the issue of the flavour is always different from different atomisers, so how things taste on an RDA can be very different from another RTA or tank.

It's where Squonking gets interesting, as you can drip for taste testing and because you're using an RDA there's no difference in flavour. RDA's are easier to work with and can easily be changed out or just have the wicking replaced. Also there's a lot a decent clone and original RDA's that can be picked up reasonably cheaply.

And at least vaping is better than smoking.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
What RTA are you using? And maybe a photo of your wick job so we can see if we can help.
I wicked ok,it’s like every 4 wick I would get a leaking probably deal to afraid of wasting the cotton.I think I shouldn’t be afraid of wasting cotton and just wick perfectly everytime so that I don’t waste my time and rebuild everytime

• Agree
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
You don't have to rewick or change coils for every flavor change.

"promised her I will quit in the future if we got married or had babies."
Those arrangements never work out too well...:)
I am using Zeus X RTA,let’s say I am currently using a mentol flavour,and would like to switch to a creamy one...what are the different steps I can do to switch the flavour without rewicking?

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I am using Zeus X RTA,let’s say I am currently using a mentol flavour,and would like to switch to a creamy one...what are the different steps I can do to switch the flavour without rewicking?
The menthol flavor will take a while to vape clear. For example, we usually would vape the creamy flavor first when done & let’s say we want to switch to menthol, just fill with the menthol & after a few hits the flavor of the creamy will clear out. But if you use menthol first its will take longer to clear out & you’ll taste menthol mixed with creamy for a while.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
The menthol flavor will take a while to vape clear. For example, we usually would vape the creamy flavor first when done & let’s say we want to switch to menthol, just fill with the menthol & after a few hits the flavor of the creamy will clear out. But if you use menthol first its will take longer to clear out & you’ll taste menthol mixed with creamy for a while.
I have read method is that I empty my tank and clean it with water.After that I pull the cotton out and fire the coil to try clear the old juice out, then maybe prime and refill, does this work?

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I have read method is that I empty my tank and clean it with water.After that I pull the cotton out and fire the coil to try clear the old juice out, then maybe prime and refill, does this work?
Yes of course, just wash out the tank & clean the coil with a soft toothbrush gently dry & when dry burning do it at low wattage 15-19 watts or a bit more depending on your coil type. Just quick pulses, don’t let the coil burn orange. Then rewick, prime the coil & you’re good to go.

Edit: you can also use a few drops of dish detergent, rinse well.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Yes of course, just wash out the tank & clean the coil with a soft toothbrush gently dry & when dry burning do it at low wattage 15-19 watts or a bit more depending on your coil type. Just quick pulses, don’t let the coil burn orange. Then rewick, prime the coil & you’re good to go.

Edit: you can also use a few drops of dish detergent, rinse well.
Yes.What method is there on rta so that I don’t need to rewick?
The steps I read above doesn’t include rewicking.The poster said that you just need to lift the wick and fire the vape so that most liquid and the coil are dry or with minimum old flavour and after that you prime your rta again and use it...

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Yes.What method is there on rta so that I don’t need to rewick?
The steps I read above doesn’t include rewicking.The poster said that you just need to lift the wick and fire the vape so that most liquid and the coil are dry or with minimum old flavour and after that you prime your rta again and use it...
Ask the person that posted.

For me it’s not hard to rewick for optimal flavor. Organic Cotton or 100% rayon is not expensive & quick to rewick. And is much less expensive than buying coils as you mentioned above. It’s totally up to you. Most times when people change flavors they don’t rewick unless the coil is gunked up & dirty. It just takes a little while for the old flavor to dissipate & the new flavor to come through. Except menthol is usually strong so that process might take longer.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread