Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
My new (and first) REO Grand arrived yesterday.

I call it "Duran"...
REO01.jpg

She's a stayed girl, I know - not too flashy, but with a build that turns heads.

Now, as a backstory, I have issues with flavour. My palette is quite dull. The subtly of clearos are lost on me, and even dripping is hit or miss. Pluid in a carto, for me, is a nice faint vape.

So it was with some trepidation that I twisted my first coil on Duran, filled her with some green fairy and had my first - my hallowed first - toot. No taste. Nice (not great) vapor. No taste. Air has more taste.

A couple of coil adjustments later, I had better vaper and some slight flavour. Well, I was gutted.

Went to bed, woke up this morning and decided to either kick the little lady for more power or twist a new, lower ohm coil. I went with the latter - down to .7 ohm from 1.5 (single micro with cotton).

Bazinga - mouth full of flavour and more vapor than RIP Trippers' best day!

I sit here looking at her, amazed. I'm a believer. Where should I have the tattoo placed?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Papa, welcome to Reoville. Here's your new badge. Wear it proudly.
rEONAUT%20bADGE-S.jpg

I like that basic black look. Goes with anything.

Nice! The badge will be worn openly to distract onlookers from the strange grin on my face.

And yeah, what's a women without something black to wear?

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
My new (and first) REO Grand arrived yesterday.

Went to bed, woke up this morning and decided to either kick the little lady for more power or twist a new, lower ohm coil. I went with the latter - down to .7 ohm from 1.5 (single micro with cotton).

Bazinga - mouth full of flavour and more vapor than RIP Trippers' best day!

I sit here looking at her, amazed. I'm a believer. Where should I have the tattoo placed?

Love it! The build definitely can make or break the Reo-experience, can't it?

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
On a mechanical mod, coils and airflow is everything. Make sure you have good batteries.

Follow the video on cleaning it and it's unbreakable - a few of us have tried.

If you do run into a problem, there is a wealth of information here and Rob is very fast on the uptake too to make sure it's taken care of and normal service is resumed.

I never did get the decoder ring or badge - must have been out of town that weekend.

T

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Apparently all the difference in the world. I was so worried about last night's tepid vape.

As I recall, congrats to you, too, and joining the cult... er, club.

Yes I am (got the siggy and badge to prove it, lol). Already have a thumb blister :)facepalm: Oh why didn't I buy the button cover?), but asmall price to pay for vape bliss. So, are our Reo's twins, since they were "delivered" on the same day? I call mine Vito (One of the rare, male Reos out there).

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yes I am (got the siggy and badge to prove it, lol). Already have a thumb blister :)facepalm: Oh why didn't I buy the button cover?), but asmall price to pay for vape bliss. So, are our Reo's twins, since they were "delivered" on the same day? I call mine Vito (One of the rare, male Reos out there).

Indeed - twins from the same whelping box. You must have gone through dozens to find a male.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Hypatia, the button covers ARE nice, but if you're serious about it hurting your thumb, then you may be pushing the button too hard. Next hit, hold it up to your ear and fire it. When you hear the sizzle, you're good to go. It takes a very light touch to fire it. Congrats on getting yours....aren't they just great???!!??!!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i disagree with the button cover - they look nice, yes, but they led me to sloppiness and button mashing. Unless they are well positioned then they can slide and your next post will be "my Reo is not firing".

I have a (naturally) lazy style of vaping mine - left handed, where i just flop my left index finger over the button and press the button with the middle joint of my finger. It looks like i am throttling something but it means i can type and drink beer with the other hand.

win win.

T

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Hypatia, the button covers ARE nice, but if you're serious about it hurting your thumb, then you may be pushing the button too hard. Next hit, hold it up to your ear and fire it. When you hear the sizzle, you're good to go. It takes a very light touch to fire it. Congrats on getting yours....aren't they just great???!!??!!

Yep, I was mashing that sucker down. Karen kindly PM'd me the same advice. Voila! Pain-free vaping! PSA to all the other new Reo owners--your Reo may be a tank, but he (she) likes a light touch on the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread