Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A couple things. The juul IS very expensive so if you are dual using I could see finding that problematic.

You can buy a better starter setup that will give you more vape and more satisfaction more easily. I'd suggest a zelos starter kit it comes with the Nautlius 2 tank, the 50 watt model should be enough for your needs right now and you can get it fairly inexpensively, even from a US online vendor if you don't want to wait for shipping from China.

You can also get nic-salt juice as well if you liked that aspect, and more inexpensively. Could do a search on "Nic salt e-liquid" and see what you come up with. You might not need even 50 mg/ml with a more powerful setup, maybe something like 24 or 36. You'll be able to use your vape more often and get (possibly) more satisfaction if you can vape slightly longer.

You WILL have to go through detox. There are strategies for that, including a taper method, using Whole Tobacco Alkaloid juice which contains some of the alkaloids in cigarettes (while you are detoxing from tar, which is a whole other process in itself, even tar has some psychoactive qualities). It's not inexpensive (WTA) although makers prices do vary. I'd recommend Umbavapes or Aroma if you want to go that route and you might want to do some research on it) it doesn't work for everyone but it certainly helped me.... My husband "forgot" to put some WTA in his juice when I handed him a new one.

2 days in he said he was "smoking more and feeling lightheaded," and realized it was the lack of WTA he was getting, which he didn't even think about with his new juice, LOL. I did explain it so he was able to figure it out.... W/D symptoms, not lack of nic.

Various behavioral things you can try, too, the most effective for me was vaping RIGHT before and AFTER each cig, paying attention to how I felt before, during smoking, and after. It rather quickly became clear that I was not *getting* the satisfaction from a cigarette that my *brain* was sure I would.

With that said, switching to vaping is a process and takes dedication and commitment and some folks dual use for quite some time before fully switching. Don't be discouraged if your first attempt isn't 100% successful some folks take to vaping like a duck to water, but I was not one of them.

But, successful nonetheless. Best of luck,

Anna

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    upload-155e6ec0-8811-11e5-a2ca-85d727eae4a7.jpg

Reactions: tgs3

numsquat

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 18, 2015
    aspire breeze is awesome. cheap. easy. done deal.

My wife had used a Nugget with a Kanger T3S until she dropped it recently, busted the tank and got juice in the Nugget. She picked up a aspire breeze and she loves it. $25, uses her juice, gets through a day without recharging. She likes the pull and rarely uses the button. She said she would recommend it to anyone as their first vape mod to quit smoking. And she likes it much better than her old set-up, easier to use and doesn't have to think to use it, easier than smoking.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I started on the Juul as a complete beginner and was able to cut my cig consumption in half fairly quickly. But that was it, and I vaped a lot more than half a Juul pod a day. You have gotten other recommends but here's mine.

Endura T22 Starter Kit

The t22 was a game changer for me. You need a back up device as well [I now use four, soon to be five, devices every day].

I started at 24mg. Only now am I transitioning to 18mg. I also stopped worrying about quitting and focused on vaping. At this point, five months and a half months later, I prefer vaping to smoking. But that only happened when I found some liquids I really liked. As said by some above, you may want to look into WTA and N.E.T liquids. Personally, I loved the salt nic that came with the Juul. Couldn't stand the others I tried.

Good luck!

Mike P

ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2017
    the endura t22 and t22s are also great, my parents use and love them. great flavor and cloud product for a mtl, I want one for myself actually. sturdy, don't leak and the coils last awhile.

as far as salt juices, I've tried naked100 strawberry which is good. but my favorite so far is the solace brand creamy tobacco and peach rings.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    I just bought a juul and so far it’s working, haven’t really wanted a cig while I’ve been using it. Now I’m polishing off my vapor shark rDna 40 and bought two new Aspire tanks. I’m quitting cigs for good this time!
    Do as you please, in the end you are making the better choice but I choose to keep smoking because I know deep inside I don't want to quit yet.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Do as you please, in the end you are making the better choice but I choose to keep smoking because I know deep inside I don't want to quit yet.

You do realize that this post from you is like an alcoholic going to an AA meeting and telling everyone there that you have no intention to quit drinking. Right?

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Nicotine is the most important chemical out of up to 7000 chemicals in tobacco but is not very satisfying or addictive by itself. Most of the other important ones occur naturally, if only it was as easy as avoiding Big Tobacco...

There's no point in the Juul or other vape if you don't smoke any more cigs when not vaping than when you do, and you continue to reduce cigs as if you were vaping. Otherwise it makes a big difference. As to the Juul itself, it shows that big clouds and device are not needed to get plenty of nicotine. It as appealing in its smallness and convenience, but something with a wider choice of flavors and a more filling vapor may be more appealing.

Your case shows to me the level of motivation required to switch to vaping: easy ... but it's still very easy to give up too.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    The "but" that provides more flavors and satisfaction can provide the motivation needed. Having that motivation is how I did it overnight.

Recommended, and flexible, hardware and wider choice of flavors, plus, good procedures can increase the success of not being a dual user.

ManOfBing

Jan 26, 2018
    Try a sourin Air! You can get a device for 15 dollars. They are refillable and you can choose the nicotine strength you use in a juice. Also you only have to replace the pod after 5 refills on the tank! You can get 50 nic juice if you’re fiending that bad and you won’t vape it down as fast. Good luck on your journey though my man!

I find the top pops off the Juul pod pretty easily, and I am waiting for some nic salt juice to come, but finding it in 50mg is hard, it seems to be out of stock mostly. I had to settle on 30mg for now, just to see how the refill goes. I normally vape between 12 and 18 mg with my regular vapor shark rdna 40, but I fell off the Wagon for about a year now, and the Juul has helped me get off the cigarettes again, hopefully for good :thumb:

ManOfBing

Jan 26, 2018
    I find the top pops off the Juul pod pretty easily, and I am waiting for some nic salt juice to come, but finding it in 50mg is hard, it seems to be out of stock mostly. I had to settle on 30mg for now, just to see how the refill goes. I normally vape between 12 and 18 mg with my regular vapor shark rdna 40, but I fell off the Wagon for about a year now, and the Juul has helped me get off the cigarettes again, hopefully for good :thumb:

Yes you can also refill pods for the JUUL as well if you like that device. YouTube is a great tool!

EIHYPI

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2017
    Well like any good AA member would say, if you don't want to quit smoking by all means do some more smoking, and come back when you are feeling .... hurt enough, we'll be here. :)

Anna
    That's true to AA because the alcoholic will end up coming back pretty soon based of the behaviors and effects of the addiction it has on the alcoholic. But with cigarettes a smoker can go 30 years being a smoker living a perfect normal life before they finally come back, being that they will always think that they perfectly fine, until they aren't fine. But I do agree with the fact that it's like he's showing up to an AA meeting and telling everyone he doesn't want to stop drinking.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't enable people. When I say stuff like that I actually mean it.

Quite frankly, I was pretty far down the "health" related rabbit hole when I got here. However, I also came here for answers and HELP as I started vaping, I didn't show up to say how much it didn't work. It wasn't working, so I came here and ASKED and followed directions.

It is not my job to convince persons looking for a reason to smoke not to smoke. You either want to quit or you don't. I did NOT want to quit and probably would have smoked through cancer and heart attacks. I have also seen other smokers do that. Fortunately for me, I very, very specifically DID NOT want to die of COPD. My last 18 months of smoking were expensive, unfortunate hell. Describing the hell, or even watching others go through it, did not convince me that I was ready to stop smoking. Actually EXPERIENCING it is what got me to stop.

I'm not a dumb person, and I have given up things almost as hard as smoking. Everyone's motivations are different, and it is not my job to convince ANYONE that it is time to quit. Not even my husband, although I desperately wanted him to stop. He did not until I shut up, kept vaping, and he tortured himself enough with his "quitting methods" which were sheer idiocy, so eventually HE felt bad enough to ask for help.

Believe me when I say that I SHUT UP TOTALLY for months, watching him hack up a lung. I am unlikely to enable a "vaper" who is looking for reasons to smoke.

If you want to quit, you do it. If you don't, you may "try" to remedy the vape before doing what you actually want... returning to smoking. I certainly did that for many years during my dual use attempts and even just smoking attempts.

Some people choose smoking over life. For a long time, I was one of those people. Not anymore, but it's not my job to motivate/hound/beg people who basically are looking for reasons to smoke. If the OP feels differently, he can certainly indicate that.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread