I can JUUL for a month and quit cold turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
No problems with quitting very high nicotine content (5%) from the juul device for a month straight everyday going through half a pod per day. However, I can't seem to go a day without a cigarette, can anyone please help me explain why this is? I'm currently just smoking cigarettes because the juul was pointless if I was smoking anyways, so I'm saving money. I'd rather just vape and stop smoking all together but I just can't seem to grasp that threshold yet...

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Vaping is not a magic bullet, it requires a bit of effort. Some take to it right away and some dual use for a bit and soon find they no longer crave the nasty taste of a smoke. If you are smoking less while vaping that's a win even it it costs a bit more initially. A few extra dollars while breaking the habit is an investment in your health.

Last edited:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Sounds like you need to find a cheaper vaping alternative. If you can manage to make vaping cheaper and more convenient than smoking I think you'd have some success. Making it cheaper should be relatively easy. You might have to play mind games with yourself to make it more convenient.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
I'd suggest moving away from the JUUL, and investing in a decent setup.
(I'd look at the iStick Pico, and an Aspire Nautilus)
I'd also suggest NOT trying to cold turkey.
Start with a nicotine strength that satisfies your cravings and stay there for a while.
Once you're steady, you can start to taper off the nicotine, if that's your goal.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, get the Pico and Nautilus. Go with a 6-12mg Nic and just vape when your body tells you. Just get used to that for a while. Keep it out of your line of sight though. Take 3-4 draws and set it aside.

Nicotine is very, very addictive. Don't fight quitting nicotine AND smoking at the same time.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes, get the Pico and Nautilus. Go with a 6-12mg Nic and just vape when your body tells you. Just get used to that for a while. Keep it out of your line of sight though. Take 3-4 draws and set it aside.

Nicotine is very, very addictive. Don't fight quitting nicotine AND smoking at the same time.
She was a juul user. I’m not sure 6mg will cut it. I’m thinking 12-18 more likely. What it will take is what it will take though. This kind of thing is hard to predict

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I really don't know much about the new pod stuff. I started at 36mg and dropped to 24 in a day. My urge to get a Nic fix was near non-existent. I took a step down about once a month or two. I still use vaping as my excuse to sit and relax.

Yes, 6-12 is kinda low, unless you are taking a lot of lung hits. I am a tootle-puffer as some call it. Being a juice chef is more my interest these days than vaping hardware.

It's a great hobby. Cigs were so boring...

6-12mg in a regular juice is vastly different from 25 or 50mg in Nic salts. Nice salts are far smoother, but absorbed differently.
For me I went with a regular vape, as I find the juul to be less than satisfactory. I like a big lustful of vape, just like I liked a long draw on a cig. All about those clouds. The flavor is just an added bonus... a wonderful one that has been helping me kick my candy and baked goods addiction as well, FTW.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The juul is not super well regarded for exactly the reasons you described. It’s sole advantage is size. Get a decent beginner setup such as an ijoy pico 25 and vape that for awhile (longer than a month) and see where you’re at.

I just saw a device recently that looked similar to a Juul but was cheaper (I think) and had refillable "pods" (not what they were called). It looked like it was pretty convenient but the battery was pretty weak, and I was not impressed with the apparent build quality just going by the video. I'll see if I can find the review again.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I just saw a device recently that looked similar to a Juul but was cheaper (I think) and had refillable "pods" (not what they were called). It looked like it was pretty convenient but the battery was pretty weak, and I was not impressed with the apparent build quality just going by the video. I'll see if I can find the review again.
Sounds to me like a PEAS. The PEAS isn’t bad for what it is, which is a competitor for cigalikes. It’s convienient, has cheap pods you can actually refill and a full sized usb on the end. It doesn’t make any more vapor than an eroll though, so unless someone is looking for an alternative to cigalikes it is not what I would recommend.

UPDATE: ah the joy of the ninja post lol.
that saber has a lot more vapor than a PEAS. It might be a way to go.

Reactions: stols001

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Just want to suggest that perhaps it's not the nicotine that your craving, but the other crap they put in cigarettes. I had to vape and smoke at the same time before giving up the cigarettes, though I did smoke less and less. Give it time and find what works for you and stick with it.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Vaping is not a magic bullet, it requires a bit of effort. Some take to it right away and some dual use for a bit and soon find they no longer crave a the nasty taste of a smoke. If you are smoking less while vaping that's a win even it it costs a bit more initial. A few extra dollars while breaking the habit is an investment in your health.

This.

You still have to WANT to quit. We all say we want to quit (including me) - but it still takes effort and the desire to quit. So far, I have failed to quit completely which I attribute to a lack of determination on my part, not the fault of my vaping gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread