The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I can JUUL for a month and quit cold turkey

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Jan 14, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    No problems with quitting very high nicotine content (5%) from the JUUL device for a month straight everyday going through half a pod per day. However, I can't seem to go a day without a cigarette, can anyone please help me explain why this is? I'm currently just smoking cigarettes because the JUUL was pointless if I was smoking anyways, so I'm saving money. I'd rather just vape and stop smoking all together but I just can't seem to grasp that threshold yet...

• Like Like x 3
  2. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Vaping is not a magic bullet, it requires a bit of effort. Some take to it right away and some dual use for a bit and soon find they no longer crave the nasty taste of a smoke. If you are smoking less while vaping that's a win even it it costs a bit more initially. A few extra dollars while breaking the habit is an investment in your health.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Don't rush the process. The more you stress over a smoke or two the more you want to smoke.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Sounds like you need to find a cheaper vaping alternative. If you can manage to make vaping cheaper and more convenient than smoking I think you'd have some success. Making it cheaper should be relatively easy. You might have to play mind games with yourself to make it more convenient.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bobwho77

bobwho77 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    I'd suggest moving away from the JUUL, and investing in a decent setup.
    (I'd look at the iStick Pico, and an Aspire Nautilus)
    I'd also suggest NOT trying to cold turkey.
    Start with a nicotine strength that satisfies your cravings and stay there for a while.
    Once you're steady, you can start to taper off the nicotine, if that's your goal.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The juul is not super well regarded for exactly the reasons you described. It’s sole advantage is size. Get a decent beginner setup such as an ijoy pico 25 and vape that for awhile (longer than a month) and see where you’re at.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    Yes, get the Pico and Nautilus. Go with a 6-12mg Nic and just vape when your body tells you. Just get used to that for a while. Keep it out of your line of sight though. Take 3-4 draws and set it aside.

Nicotine is very, very addictive. Don't fight quitting nicotine AND smoking at the same time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    She was a juul user. I’m not sure 6mg will cut it. I’m thinking 12-18 more likely. What it will take is what it will take though. This kind of thing is hard to predict

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    I really don't know much about the new pod stuff. I started at 36mg and dropped to 24 in a day. My urge to get a Nic fix was near non-existent. I took a step down about once a month or two. I still use vaping as my excuse to sit and relax.

Yes, 6-12 is kinda low, unless you are taking a lot of lung hits. I am a tootle-puffer as some call it. Being a juice chef is more my interest these days than vaping hardware.

It's a great hobby. Cigs were so boring...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Joru'us C'baoth

Joru'us C'baoth Super Member

6-12mg in a regular juice is vastly different from 25 or 50mg in Nic salts. Nice salts are far smoother, but absorbed differently.
    For me I went with a regular vape, as I find the juul to be less than satisfactory. I like a big lustful of vape, just like I liked a long draw on a cig. All about those clouds. The flavor is just an added bonus... a wonderful one that has been helping me kick my candy and baked goods addiction as well, FTW.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. listopencil

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    I just saw a device recently that looked similar to a Juul but was cheaper (I think) and had refillable "pods" (not what they were called). It looked like it was pretty convenient but the battery was pretty weak, and I was not impressed with the apparent build quality just going by the video. I'll see if I can find the review again.

• Like Like x 3
  12. listopencil

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Here it is. The reviewer here does refer to it as a "pod" system, my mistake. It's called a
    Ovns Saber Starter Vape Kit. Here's the video:

• Like Like x 3
  13. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Sounds to me like a PEAS. The PEAS isn’t bad for what it is, which is a competitor for cigalikes. It’s convienient, has cheap pods you can actually refill and a full sized usb on the end. It doesn’t make any more vapor than an eroll though, so unless someone is looking for an alternative to cigalikes it is not what I would recommend.

UPDATE: ah the joy of the ninja post lol.
    that saber has a lot more vapor than a PEAS. It might be a way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. listopencil

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    LOL, I was looking for the video while you were posting. I haven't heard of the PEAS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. listopencil

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Man. That Ovns Saber Starter Vape Kit has a 400 mAh battery and it made me go "meh" when I watched the video again. At 400 mAh it sounds so weak to me. But...the Juul is 200 mAh? Is that right?

16. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    JUUL is an acronym for Just Under Usable Levels.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Here’s a peas video. The biggest point for the peas is cost. I’ve seen em for thirteen bucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    Just want to suggest that perhaps it's not the nicotine that your craving, but the other crap they put in cigarettes. I had to vape and smoke at the same time before giving up the cigarettes, though I did smoke less and less. Give it time and find what works for you and stick with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    This.

You still have to WANT to quit. We all say we want to quit (including me) - but it still takes effort and the desire to quit. So far, I have failed to quit completely which I attribute to a lack of determination on my part, not the fault of my vaping gear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  20. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I started at 24mg and dropped it quickly when it became obvious that I had mostly a nervous habit thing. I allow myself to vape constantly. It's either that or bite my nails off or develop a tic. Like pestering people on a forum all day :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.