iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I would expect juul users to be the least interested in learning anything about their smoking cure. One thing to watch for is whether there is an uptick in cigarette sales. To ban vaping while cigarettes remain for sale as always means you have to tell some really big lies. I feel a little sorry for trump. His trust is being abused. How many Americans vape? I wish we knew that number.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
I would expect JUUL users to be the least interested in learning anything about their smoking cure. One thing to watch for is whether there is an uptick in cigarette sales. To ban vaping while cigarettes remain for sale as always means you have to tell some really big lies. I feel a little sorry for trump. His trust is being abused. How many Americans vape? I wish we knew that number.
I saw the interview today on OAN and the guy (sorry I can't remember his name) said that they realize ex-smokers use vaping as an alternative to combustibles but will ban flavors one month after the rules are written. So they will keep nic vaping since there are PMTA's pending. At least that's what I got out of the meeting. We have been here too many times. Things could change tomorrow.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I saw the interview today on OAN and the guy (sorry I can't remember his name) said that they realize ex-smokers use vaping as an alternative to combustibles but will ban flavors one month after the rules are written. So they will keep nic vaping since there are PMTA's pending. At least that's what I got out of the meeting. We have been here too many times. Things could change tomorrow.
A common news item is some court granting an injunction blocking a Trump administration action. This could turn out to be another one of those.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I would expect JUUL users to be the least interested in learning anything about their smoking cure. One thing to watch for is whether there is an uptick in cigarette sales. To ban vaping while cigarettes remain for sale as always means you have to tell some really big lies. I feel a little sorry for trump. His trust is being abused. How many Americans vape? I wish we knew that number.

Does anyone seriously think Trump doesn't know the consequences of banning vaping? Of course he does but It is all about power and votes and who supports him with money and votes. Not singling out Trump, same with all politicians, they aren't doing this to protect children. That is why cigs, alcohol and other stuff are not being banned. This is politics at the finest. Also, I don't feel sorry for Trump in the least.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Does anyone seriously think Trump doesn't know the consequences of banning vaping? Of course he does but It is all about power and votes and who supports him with money and votes. Not singling out Trump, same with all politicians, they aren't doing this to protect children. That is why cigs, alcohol and other stuff are not being banned. This is politics at the finest. Also, I don't feel sorry for Trump in the least.

Juul CEO on Trump's proposed ban: 'Flavors today are problematic'

Juul CEO Kevin Burns, during a visit to The Chronicle’s editorial board on Wednesday, said the company supports a federal “reset” of flavor restrictions and would comply with any guidelines the Food and Drug Administration issues on the matter.

“Flavors today are problematic,” said Burns, adding that many popular fruit- and candy-flavored nicotine products are made by other companies

I wouldn't be surprised if Juul was the mastermind and whispered the idea in Trump's ear, convincing him that he will look heroic. Juul gets to kill all the competition in one swoop. Will they be the last man standing or the first to go down? Big gamble.

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2017
    Juul CEO on Trump's proposed ban: 'Flavors today are problematic'

Juul CEO Kevin Burns, during a visit to The Chronicle’s editorial board on Wednesday, said the company supports a federal “reset” of flavor restrictions and would comply with any guidelines the Food and Drug Administration issues on the matter.

“Flavors today are problematic,” said Burns, adding that many popular fruit- and candy-flavored nicotine products are made by other companies

I wouldn't be surprised if Juul was the mastermind and whispered the idea in Trump's ear, convincing him that he will look heroic. Juul gets to kill all the competition in one swoop. Will they be the last man standing or the first to go down? Big gamble.
    This whole mess started with the success of that juul pod system. Everybody took notice then!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Great. So People are throwing away their JUUL's.

And then Most of them go Back to Smoking. Or Play Russian Roulette with Chantix.

And as the flames climbed high into the night
    To light the sacrificial rite
    I saw Satan laughing with delight
    The day...
    the music...
    Died.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Just happen to be watching a video and they said a CDC report from 2014 put it at 9 million. A guess of 20 million now couldn't be too far off.

10% of the population smokes, so that's about 35 million. I can see maybe 9 million vapers if you count all the kiddies who puff on a Juul once and get counted. But I can't see the number of daily vapers today coming close to the total number of smokers still out there, let alone using to avoid smoking cigarettes. We are still a small minority.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/juuls-mint-flavored-e-cig-sales-soared-after-other-flavors-pulled/

As of August, Juul’s mint pods, which reviewers say tastes like candy cane or Altoids, were raking in annualized sales of $2.36 billion, according to Nielsen data obtained by The Post. That’s a 200 percent gain over the mint pods’ annualized sales of $791 million in October, right before Juul pulled mango, cucumber and other flavors from stores, sources said.

Before the ban, sales of Juul’s mango and mint pods represented the vast majority of Juul’s sales — or 74.7 percent, Nielsen data shows. Combined, the two flavors were selling some $1.6 billion annualized.

Now mint flavored pods make up close to 75 percent of Juul’s rapidly rising revenue with annualized sales of $2.36 billion, the data shows.

It’s also a leaps and bounds over mango, which had previously been Juul’s biggest seller with annualized sales of $887 million, sources said

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2010
    Georgia
    Just happen to be watching a video and they said a CDC report from 2014 put it at 9 million. A guess of 20 million now couldn't be too far off.
    The story was featured on two of the Fox daytime "news" shows I watch while eating lunch. An industry spokesman of some apparent merit on with Dana Perino quoted 13 million. So probably as good a guess as any.

They usually post episodes on line the next day after they air. Both interviews on both shows were near the beginning. If anyone cares to look, you won't have to skip through a bunch. Harris Faulkner interviewed another industry spokesman on her show Outnumbered Overtime. He actually did pretty well despite Harris coming at him kind of hard.

Reactions: stols001

juh juh

Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2014
    huntsville,al usa
    Had a 17 year old kid doing some yard work last Saturday, he noticed I was Vaping. He asked what was my nic level. I told him 1%, and he told me that He and other kids vape 50mg Juul's. I said that would make your head spin-off, he replied thats the buzz they're after. I don't know if this is typical as I,m 64 and not around many High School aged kids. Does Juul come in that high of Nic dose, or are they modifying it.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Had a 17 year old kid doing some yard work last Saturday, he noticed I was Vaping. He asked what was my nic level. I told him 1%, and he told me that He and other kids vape 50mg Juul's. I said that would make your head spin-off, he replied thats the buzz they're after. I don't know if this is typical as I,m 64 and not around many High School aged kids. Does Juul come in that high of Nic dose, or are they modifying it.

Actual mg/mL Nicotine Content of JUUL Pods : juul

When measured as 5% by weight, the heavier VG and PG components make the volume of nicotine more than 50mg/mL to reach that 5%. For JUUL liquid, the real nicotine portion is somewhere between 55 and 60 mg/mL.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    No, that's the way they come unmodified.

When Juul stopped selling their flavored pods to gas stations and convenience stores, Juul-a-likes started appearing on shelves. These from Eon are quite popular now, and they are even higher (60mg) in nicotine. And a lot cheaper too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread