I cant get the hang of this help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Wow i absolutely did not know all of this i actually thought that coil replacement and wicking is suppose to occur once every three months.. amazing thank you all so much for the valuable info.
3 months is a little bit long. Depending on the juice I use, I might get up to 120ml out of my tanks. But the last few puffs are quite borderline.
If you rewick, glow out your coils and dunk them in cold water while still hot, and they'll come out just as if they were new. But I'd suggest to switch over to kanthal instead of using SS, because of its superior longevity and its lack of causing toxic fumes when dryburning.
At 40W you don't need SS anyway.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just let flavor rule my rewick schedule. I get 5 to 7 days from a rayon wick before I notice flavor diminishing. It's usually not the wick that's at fault. It's the burned crud on the coil. So, I dry burn and put it all back together with a new wick.

Donald Dennewitz

Apr 9, 2018
I just got a RDA that has had the same coils in it for almost 14 months. Just everytime the cotton was changed , you heat those suckers to a glowing red then dunk them in cold water, you can see all the gunk just fall off and the coils will look basically brand new. Now Ive hear people gets a long life out of them and some just change them every couple months. But the key is to get them cleaned off when you change your cotton.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Wow i absolutely did not know all of this i actually thought that coil replacement and wicking is suppose to occur once every three months.. amazing thank you all so much for the valuable info.

The variable in coil and wick replacement time is juice. If your juice is sweet or dark you will gunk up coils more quickly. A clear juice that doesn't contain a lot of sweet, sugary components will give you long wick and coil life.

I vape lots of unflavored juice that I sometimes add a small shot of another juice to for a little flavor. After a week or more of vaping on a new coil and wick I just pulled my deck out to see if the coil was crusted and it was smooth. The wick was clean. I just put i back together without changing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread