• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I don't care, write anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
i-can-has-cheezburger%5B1%5D.jpg

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Yah, I've always had the hots for blue, alien babes... but you can blame Capt. Kirk for that bit of trauma...

For some reason, I have no desire to see Avatar... it looks like it might be a bit heavy on the CGI stuff, and too much of that turns me off... ie, Beowulf...

I always thought the green chicks were sexier.:facepalm:
Avatar is prolly 80% cgi and it was absa-freakin-lutely AWESOME. They did a very good job of making everything seamless ( no flat fish eyes like in Beowulf ). If I had a "fanboy" type of mentality, I'd be allover this movie.:laugh:

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I hate to say it because so many people lost every thing.
But, hurricane Katrina is prolly the only reason I still have a job. I am in the construction industry and even with the bad economy, there is still a lot of gov't & insurance money being spent on rebuilding down here. Of course that means every "fly by night" contractor is down here trying to get work.:glare:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I don't know. For the past seven months I've been working too much. I mean, I've only been getting 2 or 3 days off work per month since February. We've been VERY busy. FWIW, I'm in the printing industry.

But, on 9/11/2008 we were given an 11% pay cut, at a time when I had been bugging the boss for what I felt was a long overdue raise. And, we still haven't gotten it back. That's a lot of money over two year's time (nearing three months pay).

Can I Has Cheezburger?

Last edited:

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
The big G has a newspaper in Pensacola, and I took a guess. They print for a number of Southern papers at one print facility, (consolidation), and many union plants have had to take pay cuts.

Big G laid me off in the BIG CUTS of late 2008. Non union. Now I work for half of what I made before. The economy is NOT getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread