• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I don't care, write anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Going Solar with a generator backup.. Still think they should grid connect as they keep going back and forth with power buy back here. Plans are to put panels off house in a field with a tracking system for maximum sun:D
Nifty! That sounds like a great setup. But, I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that the power company was required to buy any surplus. From your post, I gather that isn't universal. :unsure:

Vic l

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Nifty! That sounds like a great setup. But, I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that the power company was required to buy any surplus. From your post, I gather that isn't universal. :unsure:
Depends on where you are.. here in TN they have stopped for now until they figure out how to stop businesses from capitalizing.. Program was originally to encourage individuals to install green power

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
That's a big win Sox, congratulations! :)
Perhaps you won't be ready tomorrow, but the first day you leave the house without your smokes and lighter will be surreal ... at least, I know it was for me.

Unfortunately, my first time out I underestimated the battery power I needed to get through a work day. Warning, warning.

Good luck! And, if you have to smoke don't let it bother you too much. If you want to get there, you will. :D

Redd

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Central WI
Strange,,,For me it was a no question...I adored vaping more than smoking. But I am a menthol addict, and the cleaner the menthol the better. I hated menthol tobacco from day one, and had to find a good pure menthol only flavor.

Once I found that, I was hooked and analogs are just not at all appealing to me. If I had to revert back due to supply issues or equipment failure, I HATED it. I can't tolerate the smell of tobacco burning. (my co-worker still smokes and I hate being in his office when he's got one lit up.

My advice is to find the flavor that you adore and never be without it.

I've tried a couple flavors, grape, RY4, Redbull, apple, tobacco/menthol, and I can't get the same satisfaction I do from my pure clean menthol. Even the spearmint and wintergreen turns me off.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
More than two weeks have passed, with me being the only person posting in this thread. This is beginning to look like my personal blog. Hello? Is anyone out there?

Nobody else has random thoughts?
-----------------
I missed a delivery from China on Friday. Signature required, and I wasn't home.

The post person left the Yellow note, but it fell on the ground. I didn't discover it until after hours tonight, won't be able to pick it up until Monday morning. :( At least I know I'll get it in hand before my road trip!

Today (Sunday) is day 2 of my 16 days away from work for my 2010 vacation. I've got three days to prepare for a road trip to the Smoky Mountains. There, I'll attend a three day gathering of folks from all over the Eastern USA and Canada. The thing which brings us together at the Tail of the Dragon is all owning the same car. After that, I'll spend 2 or 3 days sightseeing in the Smoky Mountains, then head home a couple days before returning to the old rut.

Truth be known, I'd prefer my vacation was in coastal Oregon and Washington. But, the Smokys will cost me about 20% as much money. It used to be I could afford the Pacific Northwest, but 'they' took my money away. :(
Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time in the Smokys. :)

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
So I'm driving in to work this morning and some guy in the next lane almost rear-ends the car in front of him.
The vehicle in front of him had not made a sudden stop, just didn't take off fast enough for him.
Yet he throws his hands in the air and you could tell he was cussin a blue streak at the guy in front of him.
How did we go from the nation of our fore fathers ( a man took responsibility for his actions and if someone saw
something that needed to be done, it got done or they found someone that knew how to get it done ),
to a nation of people always looking for someone else to blame our short comings on and is more than happy
to hold out their hands for others hard earned taxes. Over a quarter of my income goes to taxes yet if I couldn't
work because of injury or illness, I would be homeless in six months and without a car in prolly less time than that.
The only way I can save money is if I sacrifice all luxuries; and yet I see people driving jacked up cars, wearing name brand clothes,
living in subsidized housing, getting full medical care and food stamps. How did we get to this point?!!!!

Sorry :( Rant Over

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I'm in a motel room in Tifton, Georgia. About time to hit the sheets.

In the morning, around 9:30, I jump into a caravan of like vehicles (about 20) from Florida ...
smartje.bl.zw.gif
smartje.wt.zw.gif
smartje.gif
smartje.rd.zw.gif
smartje.zw.zw.gif
smartje.grs.zw.gif
smartje.bl.zw.gif
smartje.wt.zw.gif
smartje.gif
smartje.rd.zw.gif
smartje.zw.zw.gif
smartje.grs.zw.gif
smartje.bl.zw.gif
smartje.wt.zw.gif
smartje.gif
smartje.rd.zw.gif
smartje.zw.zw.gif
smartje.grs.zw.gif
smartje.bl.zw.gif
smartje.wt.zw.gif
<- Florida caravan
woohoo.gif

bound for the Tail of the Dragon, on the southern Tennessee/North Carolina border. We'll spend the weekend there.

There, we'll join another 46 or so other like cars from all over the Eastern USA and Canada (66 cars currently registered) for a rally and fellowship (and R/C smart car race), run the Dragon a few times, have dinner, probably have too much to drink and act silly. Then, everyone will go their ways (mostly home).
But, I'll spend another 3 or 4 days sightseeing in the Smoky Mountains to wrap up my 2010 vacation. :) My only complaint is that it is going to be so warm (mid-upper 80s). Hey, that won't stop me from putting the top back and running the A/C, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread